Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling they didn't intend to murder him, you wouldn't plan to murder somebody in your own home.

I do believe they intended to rough him up, torture him.
It would take 2 people to subdue somebody, so that fit's in with both RB and AD being implicated.
I think during the torture, things went wrong and Sam passed away.
Everything after that was those two chasing their tails.
From what i can gather, RB was the one connected and the centre of all this and was supplying to ST and possibly AD.
Obviously AD was RB's hanger on and partner in crime, pardon the pun.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agree on all points except sadly many people do plan murders in their home. It's a popular spot on account of the security, comfort and control it offers. Hideous right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point I'm just concerned for his family members.

I have a background in allied health so I am aware of the various atrocities associated with these sorts of activities and don't take it personally. People are as they are unfortunately. :)

IMO the theatre of war is an outlet for someone with a psychopathic personality to run rampant with impunity and indulge in the kind of violence they've often fantasised about but haven't acted upon.

I've read accounts by serial killers describing how going to war and being 'allowed' to kill people really set something free in them and once they returned home, the serial killings began. That element was already present in their system....the 'legitimacy' of killing in a warzone just stopped it being dormant. They became 'activated', so to speak.

JMO

** please note that I am not saying that is what happened for AD. I am speaking generally here about a psychopathic personality and war.

Totally agree with that. Psychopaths aren't wired right, and have no empathy and will often pick up on how others behave and copy that but don't feel it. I have seen them referred to as "soulless" humans". They can also be very charming and fool people as to what they really are.
Although not all psychopaths kill either.

But if he survived the torture, what then?

That's a great point. Especially if, as an earlier poster alluded, the car theft was to teach a lesson and people were mad he went to the police, surely they'd think he'd report torture? Or people would notice and say something? Maybe they did never mean for him to leave? But I do think if that's true, lawd, their stealth mode is shockingly bad as it was just a fracas.

Agree on all points except sadly many people do plan murders in their home. It's a popular spot on account of the security, comfort and control it offers. Hideous right?

That is very true. In a lot of crime cases that is exactly the case.

I have a background in allied health so I am aware of the various atrocities associated with these sorts of activities and don't take it personally. People are as they are unfortunately. :)
Can your background in allied health help me to understand how some people can be recreational meth users and others are completely destroyed? Is it just restraint? Genetics? It's fine if there is no answer or you don't want to answer.

All good points. I wonder then why claimed he went to Syria to help people? It's such a strange set of circumstances. I mean, I can understand an adrenaline freak going to war, but news reports never made it sound that way: most reports made it sound like he wanted to help and liberate people? Crazy.

The media says whatever's going to sell the most. I suspect 'returning hero' draws more readers than taking a negative slant. I personally don't trust anything the media say in relation to AD's time in Syria.

It also depends who owns the paper in regard to what angle they pitch. Casting him as a 'liberator' promotes the whole ideology of 'bad terrorists' Vs 'the noble west'....which not everyone unquestioningly swallows anymore, but which is certainly in alot of powerful people's interest to keep perpetuating.

JMO

I'm not sure how reliable the 7 months part of that comment is. I can only say to my knowledge he was only ever a recreational user of drugs, however, I haven't seen him properly since I told him off when he came home from Syria.

I can tell you that Ash has been emotionally barren as long as I have known him. It has never been in a way that I was concerned for my safety or anything like that but he just wasn't warm. I can recall a day I was particularly upset and he just tapped my hand a couple of times to 'console' me despite seeing each other nearly every day and driving him to and from parties and clubbing. At the time I just put it down to Ash being Ash.

I was always quite protective of him and tried to steer him in the right direction when he told me he was selling steroids. He is a few years younger than I am and is very capable of succeeding if he only put his effort and passion into something legal.

Oh God, I'm one of those hand tappy types. This is awkward [emoji52]

Totally agree with that. Psychopaths aren't wired right, and have no empathy and will often pick up on how others behave and copy that but don't feel it. I have seen them referred to as "soulless" humans". They can also be very charming and fool people as to what they really are.
Although not all psychopaths kill either.

BBM So true! Most don't, in fact. Luckily!!

Can I ask what are thoughts if AD has that empty no emotional personality what are thoughts on his trip overseas being subconsciously playing out an underlying evil? That now has surfaced and together with RB (who may have bad drug problem) has caused this,although maybe not planned but carried out and not admitted until caught and most likely still staying nothing ? Therefore no remorse.

Some people feel remorse but still say nothing because their programming for self protection takes priority.

The media says whatever's going to sell the most. I suspect 'returning hero' draws more readers than taking a negative slant. I personally don't trust anything the media say in relation to AD's time in Syria.

It also depends who owns the paper in regard to what angle they pitch. Casting him as a 'liberator' promotes the whole ideology of 'bad terrorists' Vs 'the noble west'....which not everyone unquestioningly swallows anymore, but which is certainly in alot of powerful people's interest to keep perpetuating.

JMO

Exactly.

I have become quite interested in this case, like alot on here, the more you learn, the more you want to know.......but for those of you who actually knew those involved, it must be so surreal, conflicting and even confronting :(

I guess this is the hard part, remembering that there are people out there that are actually invested emotionally....

Feeling for you and those that have been caught up in this tragic set of events

I personally don't feel there is any justification for killing another human being. There are other ways of teaching someone a lesson if you feel you have been wronged, IMO. But i think the only time it would be acceptable is in self defense if someone else is trying to kill you. Even animals will protect themselves or try to from being killed. So we see that in nature as well.
I could never imagine killing someone.

BBM

However I still don't have to feel sorry that an alleged drug dealer has been killed, and IMO the murder was undertaken because of his activities. If he hadn't been killed, he would still most likely have continued to play a part in the destruction of our country that ICE is causing. No sympathy from me and would take a guess no sympathy from the parents of the young adults and/or kids that were buying the drugs.

All IMO

I have become quite interested in this case, like alot on here, the more you learn, the more you want to know.......but for those of you who actually knew those involved, it must be so surreal, conflicting and even confronting :(

I guess this is the hard part, remembering that there are people out there that are actually invested emotionally....

Feeling for you and those that have been caught up in this tragic set of events

Agreed, it's never easy to those involved in something like this inadvertently, to find out that the person you thought you knew, you really didn't know at all.

BBM

However I still don't have to feel sorry that an alleged drug dealer has been killed, and IMO the murder was undertaken because of his activities. If he hadn't been killed, he would still most likely have continued to play a part in the destruction of our country that ICE is causing. No sympathy from me and would take a guess no sympathy from the parents of the young adults and/or kids that were buying the drugs.

All IMO

I don't think anyone is asking you to feel sorry for anyone? You're entitled to your opinion, but ST is still a victim here regardless.
The problem is people can always say "No" to drugs and a lot do knowing the consequences of their intake of those substances. Drugs have always been around, and we haven't changed that fact yet to my knowledge.

BBM

All IMO

You keep insisting that he was an ICE dealer - we are all speculating here - we don't know what or if there were drugs involved for sure - unless you know different. We should remember to keep an open mind. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member