Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well found!

From that article:

POLICE are seeking public assistance to locate two men involved in an armed robbery in which a 2016 Ford Mustang was stolen from a north Brisbane home.

Residents of the house on Sapsford St, Northgate, were woken shortly before 1.30am last Thursday by a noise outside.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/33c0845e793fa777341c40893b5f240a

Thank you, Marples!! Curiouser and curiouser. The transcript I posted above is definitely how the conversation went. And as I said, my hinky meter went up when I heard the reporter change from house to 'apartment I think .. when he was living elsewhere' and Sam's dad gave him what I could describe as a quite pointed nod.

I just want to add .... the VERY first question the reporters asked the Inspector was "Inspector, has he been a police informant at any stage in his life?". And immediately got the Inspector quite flustered. It is at 18:45 in the video.

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/video-homicide-detectives-still-on-the-hunt-for-th/3157682/

IMO JMO MOO

I actually did hear somewhere, and sorry I don't remember where, so I get if the mods ping me here, that one of the things they caused concern was the lack of prints in the car: even ST's, the ones you'd expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I just listened and transcribed. This is what the Inspector said in the presser about fingerprints in the car ....

REPORTER: Were any fingerprints found inside the car?

INSPECTOR: None. None that have been identified. No.

REPORTER: Have there been any wiped, or just … ?

INSPECTOR: I can’t say. I can’t say.

At 23:10 in the video.

IMO JMO MOO

Thank you, Marples!! Curiouser and curiouser. The transcript I posted above is definitely how the conversation went. And as I said, my hinky meter went up when I heard the reporter change from house to 'apartment I think .. when he was living elsewhere' and Sam's dad gave him what I could describe as a quite pointed nod.

I just want to add .... the VERY first question the reporters asked the Inspector was "Inspector, has he been a police informant at any stage in his life?". And immediately got the Inspector quite flustered. It is at 18:45 in the video.

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/video-homicide-detectives-still-on-the-hunt-for-th/3157682/

IMO JMO MOO

I don't see him as flustered when they ask about the informant angle. I just think as far as speakers go, he's more cop than politician. What I find odd is that they'd ask. How often do you hear that asked in a presser?

The only thing that made me go hmmmm about the CI possibility was when the officer said "we haven't had any contact from him since Tuesday". We. Then goes on to say There hasn't been, no one and other generic terms.

What I found most strange about this was the Dads first part of his speech: it was so like a eulogy. And the constant referring to ST in past tense.

I also found it odd we've never seen or heard from the girlfriend.

I think at least some segments of his family may have realised something was not adding up in ST's life, but possibly not to the extent that it would end his life :(

JMO IMO MOO IMHO

I don't see him as flustered when they ask about the informant angle. I just think as far as speakers go, he's more cop than politician. What I find odd is that they'd ask. How often do you hear that asked in a presser?

The only thing that made me go hmmmm about the CI possibility was when the officer said "we haven't had any contact from him since Tuesday". We. Then goes on to say There hasn't been, no one and other generic terms.

What I found most strange about this was the Dads first part of his speech: it was so like a eulogy. And the constant referring to ST in past tense.

I also found it odd we've never seen or heard from the girlfriend.

I think at least some segments of his family may have realised something was not adding up in ST's life, but possibly not to the extent that it would end his life :(

JMO IMO MOO IMHO

I guess I see the transition of the Inspector, from his initial calm, serious, fact giving monologue to his chuckle, and bluster, and fiddling with his tie, when he answered the first question, as 'flustered'. :dunno:

He seemed to settle back into cop mode once that question and answer had passed.

And I agree, as far as I heard - and I was listening for it, as it is my 4th time going through this video - Sam's dad never spoke of him in the present tense. It is 'was' and 'had', etc. Some descriptions were naturally ambiguous, but anything that required a tense, was a past tense. They may have been informed to prepare for the worst? After 15 days of being missing.

IMO JMO MOO

I guess I see the transition of the Inspector, from his initial calm, serious, fact giving monologue to his chuckle, and bluster, and fiddling with his tie, when he answered the first question, as 'flustered'. :dunno:

He seemed to settle back into cop mode once that question and answer had passed.

And I agree, as far as I heard - and I was listening for it, as it is my 4th time going through this video - Sam's dad never spoke of him in the present tense. It is 'was' and 'had', etc. Some descriptions were naturally ambiguous, but anything that required a tense, was a past tense. They may have been informed to prepare for the worst? After 15 days of being missing.

IMO JMO MOO

Maybe. Could just be me, but until someone rolled my child's bones out in front of me, they'd always be spoken of as alive.

September 2016:
ST's Facebook : "Reaching out to my Facebook friends, if you could please keep your eyes and ears open or have any information on these items that were stolen from my home, any information on the whereabouts of them would be GREATLY appreciated.. The Louis Vuitton bag is limited edition with red lining sticks out like dogs balls."

attachment.php

[/FONT]

Respectively snipped by me for brevity. ..

Amazing sleuthing work there Possum! The timing is highly sus.

Do you think that recent "Australia's biggest ever" ice bust could somehow be related to?

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...y/news-story/46a8d8f0d2ae239bf8214d1b8d1b9884

PS I'm way behind, so don't mind me!

I looked at pictures of the house and the video.
I am 99% sure the robbery was at the house.
MOO IMO JMO

The video is at a house, looks to be an old Qlder, nothing like the Albion apartment as "reported". I think you are all on the track with the informant theory, <modsnip> But it is all starting to make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So Sam was 17 yrs old at this time? Maybe the same time he "left" high school? When did Sam do his tafe course for childcare?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

Seek...I have studied Sam's FB very well and have posted a timeline re your questions in a previous post...I will have a look for you later..:seeya:

Seek...I have studied Sam's FB very well and have posted a timeline re your questions in a previous post...I will have a look for you later..:seeya:

Same here - his FB timeline is full of clues and 'lack of' moments [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

The video is at a house, looks to be an old Qlder, nothing like the Albion apartment as "reported". I think you are all on the track with the informant theory, little things you are coming up with are clicking in my head with past events in my own life dramas that I can't divulge here as I am not what you guys classify as an "insider". But it is all starting to make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The video is at the Northgate house...it is a queenslander with high front steps and verandahs...
The reason I know this for sure is I found pics of Sam & Courtney starting school standing on those front steps...so going by that, the family must have lived at the Northgate house for many years, as the robbery happened there in September 2016...IMO MOO

:rockon:..Some excellent sleuthing happening here folks!:loveyou:

I think not for a couple of reasons. Including but not limited to, if he was a UC he'd have likely had better minders than ones that lost him for enough time for him to end up dead and in a bush grave. Also, ST didn't even finish high school. I doubt he'd have got into QPS without further studies.

Where is it reported that ST didn't finish school?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I agree with this whole heartedly. I've dated a number of policemen and they have said similar things over time.

Did you ever date Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, or Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson? :beats: :hot: :heartbeat:

Hahahaha ....... :)

IMO JMO MOO

Could it maybe have been determined by his FB comments and posts? :dunno:

I'd heard he finished school early too. I just checked out his FB....

Sam's FB page says that in early 2011 he was at Tafe. So that's six years ago.....if he finished high school would he not still have been at school then? Completing Year 12?

(On Aug 29, 2011 he completes his first day of childcare work.)

Re: the home invasion, it was Sam's girlfriend that opened the door. That was mentioned not in text, but in a video that I posted (attached to a news story), which also said that the 'invaders' were in the house for approximately 20 minutes. It said the car belonged to Sam and his girlfriend or partner actually, which I thought was a bit odd. I will try to find it, but hopefully you guys remember and believe me.
Also I mentioned up thread that I had encountered a couple around Sam and gf's age who had been in an armed holdup when I was in hospital at one stage some years ago and they were in very bad shape. I can't imagine that Sam and gf took that completely on the chin. I just don't think it is humanly possible.

Here we go, the ALT home invasion news story that mentions Sam's girlfriend:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...tang-from-brisbane-home/ar-AAiAYLd?li=AAgfIYZ

Thank you for finding this video, possum. Really interesting to listen to, considering what has been said at the presser by Sam's dad.

"The couple were so frightened they are moving out of the house immediately" (or words to that effect, in your video).

As opposed to "Sam didn't seem fearful" (after the home invasion, as said by his dad in the presser).

IMO JMO MOO

Here we go, the ALT home invasion news story that mentions Sam's girlfriend:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...tang-from-brisbane-home/ar-AAiAYLd?li=AAgfIYZ

Interesting.

Quote from the female reporter in the video who spoke to the couple:

'...left so frightened by Wednesday's ordeal that they are moving out this evening....' (at about the 1:52 point)

(obviously this goes against what Sam's dad said in presser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho