GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man served time for stabbing schoolgirl
November 20, 2012

A MAN police are searching for in relation to the killing of Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey was jailed for stabbing a schoolgirl to death in 1986, and later tried to escape from Pentridge Prison.

Police have described Steven James Hunter, 46, as a ''person of interest'' in the investigation into the death of 22-year-old Ms Cafferkey, whose body was found at a Point Cook home on Saturday night, eight days after she went missing from Bacchus Marsh. They have urged Hunter to come forward and speak to them.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...-schoolgirl-20121119-29m9x.html#ixzz2Cfu4AODm

Can't believe this girl was hanging around a loser like that. The drugs charges and the fact that the ex mentioned drugs in insulting posts, points to something...

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse - reading that transcript was like a potted summary of the Crimes Act

He came from an unsettled family background which was rendered stressful by his father’s aggression. By the time he was 18 he had been convicted of a number of offences, including burglary and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. As already noted he was convicted on one count of murder in 1988 and sentenced to 16 years’ imprisonment. It appears that in mid-2001 he commenced using amphetamines. The reports tendered on the plea suggest that the offences the subject of this appeal were committed whilst the appellant was under the effects of substantial amphetamine abuse and in the context of a confused interest in trans-sexuals which had developed during his period in custody.
...appellant pleaded guilty to each count on a presentment containing a count of theft (count 1), kidnapping (count 2), false imprisonment (count 3), causing injury intentionally (count 4) and trafficking in a drug of dependence (count 5).
Date of Judgment21 June 2006-
The orders for concurrency and cumulation are affirmed, making a new total effective sentence of six years’ imprisonment.
6. A new non-parole period of four years is fixed.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/vic/VSCA/2006/129.html

I'm sorry, but I'm really, really mad that someone who starts off with MURDER at age TWENTY (remember, he was 22 when he was sentenced for murder, 3 years after...) with several aggravating factors (defiling a corpse, where have I heard that recently?), then goes on to commit multiple serious offences since release, and is STILL allowed to live amongst good, law-abiding citizens. I'm so mad right now, I can't deal with this right now. Goodnight everyone, we did well tonight and it's a bit of a relief to have it finally confirmed.

Good lord, what a dangerous man SH is. People like him should not living in mainstream society.
It looks like the other man who shared a house with SH is devastated.

The father of another man who lived at the property where the body was found said his son had been through a "considerable ordeal".

Denis Weily, dad of Point Cook man Adam Weily said: "Adam has been through a considerable ordeal. He's been referred to a psychologist due to the high degree of trauma."

I just cannot fathom how someone could be roaming the streets just 13 years after committing such an act. Simply defies belief.

was talking to James about the exact same thing while back.

If the judicial system does not learn from these two critical incidents then 'personal safety' will just become a figure of speech with elements like SH and AB walking free amongst us.

is there a way to find out the name of the judge who handed out that pathetic sentence?

I want to give them a piece of my mind

Sarah is dead because of that judge.

He is referred to as Mr. Justice Nathan

Since the suspect is already named and his previous criminal history publicly announced through the media, I think we can share the news article from the 1988 case in this forums?

I just cannot fathom how someone could be roaming the streets just 13 years after committing such an act. Simply defies belief.

I totally agree with your comments.

I am so sick to death of guys believing they have a right to take another life and like the killer of Gillian Meagher this loser has a criminal history and also committed offences while on parole.

How do you only get a maximum of 16 years for stabbing an 18 year old girl a
number of times in the throat and heart. He took 50 years that the girl may have lived so he should have been jailed for 50 years.

The problem is obviously with our judges, they are so out of touch it's unbelievable. once a person has killed in the manner he did, they have shown they do not belong in society.

Like Gillian, once again an innocent girl has been killed because judges wont put people in jail for the period of time they deserve for murder.

Seriously why can't the judge be sued - This woman is dead because he allowed this creep back on the streets.

I am just disgusted with our judicial system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME