GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happened to his trans-sexual partner? Hope she/he is still alive and well somewhere! :moo:

... and I can only begin to imagine what the woman who recently wrote him a "Dear John" letter must be thinking.

Finally got through reading all the post and I have went from sad to angry.
Can't believe SH was sentenced to only 13 years for a brutal murder.
Imagine how the family's of the 1st victim and now Sarah's family feels.
I would be beside myself.

This is so heart breaking, the justice system failed his 1st victims family and now Sarah.

http://vsc.sirsidynix.net.au/Judgments/Crime/Hunter.pdf

JUDGMENT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parties: R v Hunter, Steven James
Court: Supreme Court of Victoria. Crime - Single Judge
Judge: Nathan J
Date of judgment: 25/02/1988
No. of pages: 12 p.

Very sad.

Thanks for posting this. I find it very sad that SH has a son. Other than that I found myself getting more and more angry while reading the ramblings of the judge. His words are going to come back and bite him on the arse.

"Accordingly, this murder cannot be seen at the lower range of offences of this kind. I have the power to sentence you to life in prison but I reject that option."

It's a shame you didn't use your power to sentence this to life in prison Judge Nathan. He would not have then had the opportunity to take the life of another beautiful young girl.

ETA: The judge also said (paraphrasing by me) that because the young girl was already dead, that he didn't feel the need to impose more jail time on SH for burning her body. WTF!

MOO.

I am so sad to hear this. As usual, I always hope for the best and in the end, it turns out to be the exact opposite of what I hoped for. RIP beautiful Sarah, you were far too young to leave this earth. I hope the creep that did this to you pays for the crime he's committed.

Thanks for posting this. I find it very sad that SH has a son. Other than that I found myself getting more and more angry while reading the ramblings of the judge. His words are going to come back and bite him on the arse.

"Accordingly, this murder cannot be seen at the lower range of offences of this kind. I have the power to sentence you to life in prison but I reject that option."

It's a shame you didn't use your power to sentence this to life in prison Judge Nathan. He would not have then had the opportunity to take the life of another beautiful young girl.

MOO.

And maybe if the trial judge or the three appeal court judges in 2006 had given him something other than a slap on the wrist for his shenanigans while on parole - (which would mean he'd still be inside now) - we wouldn't have this sense of deja vu re a certain person whose initials are the first two letters of the alphabet!:twocents:

ETA: Offences from above trial were 2002, he was out on parole by 2001, sentenced in 1988 to 16 yrs, 13 non parole, escapes from Pentridge 1990 - assuming he was already in custody prior to trial in 1988 he couldn't have copped much of a penalty for the escape.

And maybe if the trial judge or the three appeal court judges in 2006 had given him something other than a slap on the wrist for his shenanigans while on parole - (which would mean he'd still be inside now) - we wouldn't have this sense of deja vu re a certain person whose initials are the first two letters of the alphabet!:twocents:

ETA: Offences from above trial were 2002, he was out on parole by 2001, sentenced in 1988 to 16 yrs, 13 non parole, escapes from Pentridge 1990 - assuming he was already in custody prior to trial in 1988 he couldn't have copped much of a penalty for the escape.

It certainly is a sense of deja vu that I've been feeling after reading this horror story. Sadly it is all very real.

the vibe i get from SH facebook page is that he had no real friends and might have just been adding random people on there

might be wrong but something just seems real weird about him and his profile

and isnt he like 50 years old?

Sarah was 22

Where else would they have met?

In my opinion, there is an AFL link.

Ok, now I am outraged.

Monster.

Get these men out of society, more has to be done.
His previous crime is appalling and he should never have been released.

I wonder what happened to his trans-sexual partner? Hope she/he is still alive and well somewhere! :moo:

I also came across a few gay sites and a bar in particular in my snooping and I thought nah he's not gay. But there is something there.

I just feel like crying. This is all so scary, that's 2 in the last couple of months in Melbourne, both with violent histories - how many more are out there??? It's creepy and depressing. My guess is this poor 22 year old girl naively made friends with this guy... how many others are doing the same??? What if I do? Or have?!?! Makes me feel sick. I hope they get him soon. :(

How come there's a massive gag order on Jill Meagher's alleged killer, but the papers can blah all they like about this guy's former crimes?

Isn't that a little bit hypocritical? And what if this guy goes to court - won't those reports engender the same problems supposedly being averted by a media gag on Jill's case?

Anyways, the number of heinous crimes against women and kids by re-offending rapists, murderers and habitual paedophiles is beyond appalling, both here and eslewhere.

Just check out MAKO - so many of them listed there as habitual offenders...

You know, I could really put up with a few draconian changes to civil liberty practises, for the sake of seeing killers and rapists locked away or put down after the first offense.

Sorry for the rant, it's just devastating to see Australia catch up to the rest of the world as far as free-range psychos goes.
I think a gag on this guy's details will be placed soon.

I totally agree with your comments.

I am so sick to death of guys believing they have a right to take another life and like the killer of Gillian Meagher this loser has a criminal history and also committed offences while on parole.

How do you only get a maximum of 16 years for stabbing an 18 year old girl a
number of times in the throat and heart. He took 50 years that the girl may have lived so he should have been jailed for 50 years.

The problem is obviously with our judges, they are so out of touch it's unbelievable. once a person has killed in the manner he did, they have shown they do not belong in society.

Like Gillian, once again an innocent girl has been killed because judges wont put people in jail for the period of time they deserve for murder.

Seriously why can't the judge be sued - This woman is dead because he allowed this creep back on the streets.

I am just disgusted with our judicial system.
Well said. It doesn't make me feel very safe at all. How do I know that casual acquaintances haven't been convicted of horrendous crimes? Name and shame, I say. When murderers are released there should be a nationwide alert.

Woke up to this incredibly depressing news this morning.

Yet again, Australia's "justice" system is shown to be a big fat joke.

13 years for murder (and rape, I'm sure) is just insanity. This guy had REPEAT OFFENDER stamped all over him, yet he's free to kill again.

I am disgusted.

Good lord, what a dangerous man SH is. People like him should not living in mainstream society.
It looks like the other man who shared a house with SH is devastated.
I really feel bad for that guy. Can you imagine how he must be feeling? The poor man. I would guess that he had NO idea of Hunter's past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr