GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
13 years is a disgrace. I cannot believe there is not more revenge metered out by families when our legal system is so shoddy. I really feel for police doing difficult and dangerous work and then that happens. That whole report linked above (thank you) is very damning and then the judge gives him 16 years ... that is not in line with community expectations.

God knows where he could be. I hate reading these reports with all the suburbs I am so familiar with.

So sad for Sarah and her loved ones.

We need a real life Dexter : )

This is so so sad -

3AW Melbourne‏@3AW693

'Sarah is an only child. Her mother has nothing left. Her life is ruined forever. Her baby is gone' http://bit.ly/XWBJvk

Damn, what I just wrote. I thought so. One part of me doesn't care if he just f...ks off and drowns himself, but the other says that is too easy. If he is guilty, nothing that can happen to him while he draws breath will ever come close to what the Mother will endure for the rest of her life. :twocents:

With this case so soon after Jill's I think there will be a review into sentencing in Victoria which would not be a bad thing considering ... Predictions of dangerousness need to be factored in with some degree of accuracy - I'm sure we'd all prefer judges to err on the side of caution. Unfortunately it's the criminals 'rights' which seem to override concerns for possible future victims. I hope we make some valuable advances following these two otherwise senseless cases.

Forgot to add! If you go to the flatmate's FB page, there are some familiar photos there.

Bizarre. How does a normal looking accountant in long term relationship end up with a froot loop for a flattie? SH must be an accomplished actor or good BS artist. Or both.

Just read on FB, they are now saying SH did not live at that Point Cook address. Now I'm confused...

Damn, what I just wrote. I thought so. One part of me doesn't care if he just f...ks off and drowns himself, but the other says that is too easy. If he is guilty, nothing that can happen to him while he draws breath will ever come close to what the Mother will endure for the rest of her life. :twocents:

he won't drown.

shyt floats.

:maddening:

Watch the SA news, he's probably in a standoff in a motel on Glen Osmond Rd, right now. Hopefully they'll shoot him.

:banghead:

With this case so soon after Jill's I think there will be a review into sentencing in Victoria which would not be a bad thing considering ... Predictions of dangerousness need to be factored in with some degree of accuracy - I'm sure we'd all prefer judges to err on the side of caution. Unfortunately it's the criminals 'rights' which seem to override concerns for possible future victims. I hope we make some valuable advances following these two otherwise senseless cases.

It's not even the initial sentencing that's the major problem, it's the bleeding hearts on the parole boards who let them out after the judge puts them in.
Then the judges who sentence them when they re-offend while on parole.
Vic prisons who didn't know staff were accessing confidential files on JM's accused killer.
Ditto - who are supposed to have said accused on suicide watch but don't check him for hours.
And to go back to the beginning, the politicians who appoint the judges and magistrates in the first place. Judiciary will always reflect the attitudes of the government who appoint them. :twocents:

Yes, I do! SH might have decided to 'bolt' (or went out to get some ciggies or something) and that's when he went to the police.

I am speculating that his housemate had maybe been on a holiday due it there being the Melb Cup holiday on the 6th and he has probably taken his leave then? He has come home to this terrible situation, SH has threatened him and they've both left the house. Only until the heat got turned up, he had gone to police to tell him what had happened while he was gone. So with a week's lead, goodness knows SH is now. :(

It's not even the initial sentencing that's the major problem, it's the bleeding hearts on the parole boards who let them out after the judge puts them in.
Then the judges who sentence them when they re-offend while on parole.
Vic prisons who didn't know staff were accessing confidential files on JM's accused killer.
Ditto - who are supposed to have said accused on suicide watch but don't check him for hours.
And to go back to the beginning, the politicians who appoint the judges and magistrates in the first place. Judiciary will always reflect the attitudes of the government who appoint them. :twocents:

Let's not forget the poor lady who was shot and killed in a Melbourne street yesterday.

The War on Women is alive and well in Melbourne, it seems.

:pullhair:

I am speculating that his housemate had maybe been on a holiday due it there being the Melb Cup holiday on the 6th and he has probably taken his leave then? He has come home to this terrible situation, SH has threatened him and they've both left the house. Only until the heat got turned up, he had gone to police to tell him what had happened while he was gone. So with a week's lead, goodness knows SH is now. :(

Or even worse, let him housesit!

The Investigator Charlie Bezzina explores what will happen next in the Sarah Cafferkey murder investigation.

by: Charlie Bezzina
November 20, 2012 9:29AM

IN the search for a person of interest like Steven Hunter, the priority is for public safety first and apprehension second.

The police have to balance the need to track him down against any risks to the community.

We get very spooked about privacy and such, and sometimes you are damned if you do publicly identify a person wanted for questioning, and damned if you don't.

The police have to weigh up how identifying a suspect will impact on the investigation and their ability to progress it, against other factors.

If he is named he might get more desperate and become more likely to react in a dangerous way if confronted.

He on the other hand may say "I don't want to live like this on the run" and give himself up. Sometimes the pressure can work for us in that way.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...cafferkeys-death/story-fnat7a38-1226520117567

he won't drown.

shyt floats.

:maddening:

Watch the SA news, he's probably in a standoff in a motel on Glen Osmond Rd, right now. Hopefully they'll shoot him.

:banghead:

Hopefully not before a bloody big police dog runs the molars over him!

14_3_dogs.jpg

For all our fans :) -

2013 Dog Unit Calendar
We're excited to announce the launch of our 2013 Calendar, featuring full colour photos of our very own dogs. The calendar aims to raise money for Police Legacy, a charity that provides emotional and financial support to the families of deceased police officers.
The calendar sells for $25 and can be purchased by emailing info@policelegacynsw.org.au. It's limited edition and expected to sell out quickly

Or even worse, let him housesit!

SH does have form in his first conviction, told workmates at the supermarket what he'd done, got at least one of them to help move the car and buy a can of petrol to dispose of his victim. Then threatened them when they kept urging him to go to police and confess.

Hi all,

New member here. As someone who is familiar with Bacchus Marsh, I am competely shocked by this event, and extremely angry that once again it appears that someone with prior convictions is the prime suspect.

I signed up last night but couldn't yet post - I was going to write that I was also concerned about the wellbeing of the flatmate - but it appears that his whereabouts is now known and that he is OK?

I certainly hope SH is found soon - it feels scary to know he might be lurking about.

BBM. I read reports from his father being interviewed: Apparently he is far from ok, physically I guess he is but emotionally/mentally no, he is even having to seek counselling. The poor guy.

He reminds me of AB.

Sick. Disgusting.
I have had to refrain from posting what I really want to say. Otherwise you'd find me in the naughty corner.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

What was left of our "justice system", heck if you can EVEN call it that. Has gone. All gone. :banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214