Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow indeed, scorp. Makes you wonder when the photo was taken and who uploaded it. Wonder if it could have been someone trying to provide an alibi by making the world think that she was still alive next morning.

So the clothes sharon was wearing at the GI Pub were found back at her place.
Her FB page had a new uploaded photo of her sitting at a beach in the early hours of that morning (since removed) and her car is still parked at her place with no keys, mobile or purse to be found.

Wow.

From that link - Post 422 from Sleepinoz..(thanks so much for posting that :thinking:) it sounds like that when Sharon and her new partner arrived home, Sharon was not expecting to see her husband's car parked in the driveway.....In fact, she said "*&$$"!

mmmm
All IMO of course.

Wow indeed, scorp. Makes you wonder when the photo was taken and who uploaded it. Wonder if it could have been someone trying to provide an alibi by making the world think that she was still alive next morning.

Sharon Edwards, 54, posted a smiling image of herself in front of a sunrise on the morning she disappeared

On Saturday morning, Ms Edwards posted a pictured to her Facebook page in which she can be seen posing near the ocean in front of a sunrise

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eacher-hope-fades-survival.html#ixzz43PpXCdq7

photo is in the link above.

Haven't we been told that there was no estrangement between the couple?

I heard that the family (her boys) were unaware of this "estrangement"......
?

I can't believe it wouldn't be painfully obvious if Sharon had been dating another man for many months at that point. Wouldn't she have mentioned this new love interest to someone at some point? Was she trying to hide that aspect of her life from her children or JE? Is it possible JE was at Sharon's home that night because he had recently found out about her boyfriend?

Not being familiar with Australian culture, would dating while still legally married be heavily frowned upon? I wonder if what's been said is a bit different than what was known or suspected.

After seeing the boyfriend's interview and hearing Sharon's reaction to finding JE's car in the garage, I have to wonder why she chose to return to her home. Surely she could have stayed with a friend or the boyfriend that night.

Was it normal for JE to randomly show up at Sharon's home? I wonder how friendly they truly were outside of family gatherings?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/44b5e9e485878e578e7476ba09b8ef1b

Several months before she vanished, Mrs Edwards had moved out of the Lawrence home in Neill Street, the family home she had shared with her husband of more than 30 years, John Edwards.

The separation was not common knowledge and the couple had been careful to protect their ongoing relationship as parents.

Mr Edwards — a former primary school teacher — continued to make regular visits.

Before dramatic police searches of his properties this week, Mr Edwards had told The Daily Telegraph he visited Mrs Edwards’ home “every second day”.

In fact, neighbours claim they saw Mr Edwards at the home more than his estranged wife.

“It was quite strange. I saw him there at the house probably more times than I saw her. They’d had the place for a few months and kept to themselves but you saw them coming and going,” she said.

I'm sure that it's been confirmed or otherwise now. Wouldn't have taken long. All school equipment has an edquip no and they would only have to check that no against the one in her name.

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-act...on-edwards-disappearance-20150924-gjtycg.html

Fairfax Media understands a school-issued laptop was also found by police divers as they searched a waterway for Edwards' firearms.

However, investigators weren't able to confirm that the laptop belonged to Mrs Edwards.

I forgot all about the laptop

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not being familiar with Australian culture, would dating while still legally married be heavily frowned upon? I wonder if what's been said is a bit different than what was known or suspected.

My feeling is that despite separation they were keeping it quiet, maybe for the sake of their kids. The fact their kids didn't know they were estranged is what makes me think that, though I find that a slightly odd thing really.

I don't think Australian culture generally judges people very harshly in these things. We're on the whole a fairly secular society (even among those who profess a belief). We've had no-fault divorce as our only kind of divorce since the early 70s - it's easy to get a divorce, you just have to separate for a year before you can finalise the process. Many, many people date during that year. I did myself (as did my ex, who got engaged during that time). Nobody batted an eye.

Of course that doesn't mean every individual feels okay with it when it happens to them ... plenty of women become victims to their exes after separation. :(

BBM I wonder if this was his way of checking up on her, especially snooping around when she wasn't there.

Also the separation being kept hush-hush. I find this strange. Their family were all adults, so didn't need the constant nurturing etc that younger children would need. And socially, there would be no shame, as sadly separation is so common these days.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/44b5e9e485878e578e7476ba09b8ef1b

Several months before she vanished, Mrs Edwards had moved out of the Lawrence home in Neill Street, the family home she had shared with her husband of more than 30 years, John Edwards.

The separation was not common knowledge and the couple had been careful to protect their ongoing relationship as parents.

Mr Edwards — a former primary school teacher — continued to make regular visits.

Before dramatic police searches of his properties this week, Mr Edwards had told The Daily Telegraph he visited Mrs Edwards’ home “every second day”.

In fact, neighbours claim they saw Mr Edwards at the home more than his estranged wife.

“It was quite strange. I saw him there at the house probably more times than I saw her. They’d had the place for a few months and kept to themselves but you saw them coming and going,” she said.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...rafton-teacher-sharon-edwards-suspect/7257448

In this and every other photo I've seen of JE and the sons, there doesn't seem to be any love or connection there; in fact more of a detachment from him. And is that a look if suspicion from the son standing to his left? Or am I being too subjective?

It's strange that there were no ongoing appeals for help from them. perhaps they were torn between loyalty to finding their mother's killer and to their father.

Sharon Edwards, 54, posted a smiling image of herself in front of a sunrise on the morning she disappeared

On Saturday morning, Ms Edwards posted a pictured to her Facebook page in which she can be seen posing near the ocean in front of a sunrise

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eacher-hope-fades-survival.html#ixzz43PpXCdq7

photo is in the link above.

I know that this was posted by msm, but the quote that BBM "Sharon Edwards, 54, posted a smiling image of herself in front of a sunrise on the morning she disappeared".

Sharon must have really long arms.

IMO

I know that this was posted by msm, but the quote that BBM "Sharon Edwards, 54, posted a smiling image of herself in front of a sunrise on the morning she disappeared".

Sharon must have really long arms.

IMO

Yes, something is quite hinky with that FB post. I don't think Sharon posted it, is my gut feeling.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...rafton-teacher-sharon-edwards-suspect/7257448

In this and every other photo I've seen of JE and the sons, there doesn't seem to be any love or connection there; in fact more of a detachment from him. And is that a look if suspicion from the son standing to his left? Or am I being too subjective?

It's strange that there were no ongoing appeals for help from them. perhaps they were torn between loyalty to finding their mother's killer and to their father.

The police said she was suspected murdered from very early. Maybe the police told them information that made them feel appeals were fruitless... in my opinion they've suspected their father from the get go, just going off body language and facial expressions.

Many thanks, sleep. My sound STILL isn't working. Was there any info as to how long the relationship had been going on? Or anything else of note?

No mention of how long, only that she lives 8 hours away and she has nothing to do with Sharon's case. Notice that was Sharron's car he was hiding behind.

I think the police are on the money. I just can't understand this woman! For heaven's sake!

I wonder who was Sharon's beneficiary - JE or the sons. Seems he was in need of a good motor vehicle, anyway, unless of course the girlfriend needed wheels.

An innocent man doesn't hide away in a tiny garage space. An innocent man comes out and professes his innocence and asks for public help to find the killer. IMO.

No mention of how long, only that she lives 8 hours away and she has nothing to do with Sharon's case. Notice that was Sharron's car he was hiding behind.

Yes, remember he painted it just after she 'went missing'? Hmmmmmm

Wonder what was covered up.

I still can't get over him having a girlfriend! Can't say why or I'd be accused of stereotyping and judging people based on their looks, but I'm sure you get my drift.

I wonder if the new GF has the keys to Sharon's car?

ACR said JR is renting the house out where Sharon went missing.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9099278/sharon-edwards-update

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9099278/sharon-edwards-update

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!