Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps he saw her but she did not see him there. Am I correct in saying her boyfriend came from Sydney?

Also I predict that the boys did not visit them in Lawrence or Grafton, but she went to them sometimes with JE so they were able to hide the fact that they had bought the new house in May 2014 for $415,000 which could have been mortgaged hence he had to let it as soon as he could? They also own a third property. I wonder where that is?

As far as I know, I think JE is older so he retired from teaching and Sharon's salary was possibly paying for the mortgage on the new house. Anyone know how old he is? I guess it was in both names but could have been just in Sharon's name as part of a secret property settlement with JE to keep the two other houses.

Several months before she vanished, Mrs Edwards had moved out of the Lawrence home in Neill Street, the family home she had shared with her husband of more than 30 years, John Edwards

The separation was not common knowledge and the couple had been careful to protect their ongoing relationship as parents.
Mr Edwards — a former primary school teacher — continued to make regular visits.
Before dramatic police searches of his properties this week, Mr Edwards had told The Daily Telegraph he visited Mrs Edwards’ home “every second day”.
In fact, neighbours claim they saw Mr Edwards at the home more than his estranged wife.
“It was quite strange. I saw him there at the house probably more times than I saw her. They’d had the place for a few months and kept to themselves but you saw them coming and going,” she said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/44b5e9e485878e578e7476ba09b8ef1b
http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/familys-plea-information-missing-woman/2594734/
Lovely family pics....
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005107592283

Mrs Edwards, 55, was last seen alive a year ago this week and is presumed murdered. Police today confirmed her estranged 58-year-old husband John Edwards — who was the last to see her — was a suspect.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...t/news-story/bd87a72e883bd3ad1e666d1aa707c5c5

JE is 58yo so he could have received a handout due to retrenchment or simply retired at 55yo with superannuation.

Several months before she vanished, Mrs Edwards had moved out of the Lawrence home in Neill Street, the family home she had shared with her husband of more than 30 years, John Edwards

The separation was not common knowledge and the couple had been careful to protect their ongoing relationship as parents.
Mr Edwards — a former primary school teacher — continued to make regular visits.
Before dramatic police searches of his properties this week, Mr Edwards had told The Daily Telegraph he visited Mrs Edwards’ home “every second day”.
In fact, neighbours claim they saw Mr Edwards at the home more than his estranged wife.
“It was quite strange. I saw him there at the house probably more times than I saw her. They’d had the place for a few months and kept to themselves but you saw them coming and going,” she said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/44b5e9e485878e578e7476ba09b8ef1b
http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/familys-plea-information-missing-woman/2594734/
Lovely family pics....

The house was purchased in March 2014 for $415,000 according to the link above so that is more than just a few months before Sharon disappeared on 14th March, 2015.

pg 19 #285

I copied this post..

Quote Originally Posted by Ejedwards
John and Sharon weren't estranged at all, they are still 100% married.
John actually bought the house in Grafton with his own money for sharon to live in while he renovated the Lawrence property.
Sharon hated the colour of the house and wanted it grey, John had bought the paint before Christmas.

Questions on all of the above ..

If they weren't estranged can you explain why media has said she was out with her boyfriend and others on the night she disappeared?

Also since Sharon and John were married for a number of years, wouldn't any money they had been shared / communal, so John buying her a house would be him buying THEM a house for her to live in in Grafton wouldn't it?

It does sound more like the Grafton house was more divorce settlement / separation agreement, with him keeping the home in Lawrence, that added to the media saying so, well you can see why people think the way they do.

I copied this post..

Quote Originally Posted by Ejedwards
John and Sharon weren't estranged at all, they are still 100% married.
John actually bought the house in Grafton with his own money for sharon to live in while he renovated the Lawrence property.
Sharon hated the colour of the house and wanted it grey, John had bought the paint before Christmas.

Questions on all of the above ..

If they weren't estranged can you explain why media has said she was out with her boyfriend and others on the night she disappeared?

Also since Sharon and John were married for a number of years, wouldn't any money they had been shared / communal, so John buying her a house would be him buying THEM a house for her to live in in Grafton wouldn't it?

It does sound more like the Grafton house was more divorce settlement / separation agreement, with him keeping the home in Lawrence, that added to the media saying so, well you can see why people think the way they do.

So that was their story.....Sharon moved out of the Lawrence home so JE could renovate it.

Lovely family pics....

BBM The pool photos were taken at Sharon's Riverdale Court address

http://www.allhomes.com.au/ah/nsw/s...t/14140181030311?lid=168946483&pid=1401810303

So the family must have known they were estranged; afterall, surely they would notice the lack of his personal belongings.
[h=1][/h]

My feeling is that despite separation they were keeping it quiet, maybe for the sake of their kids. The fact their kids didn't know they were estranged is what makes me think that, though I find that a slightly odd thing really.

I don't think Australian culture generally judges people very harshly in these things. We're on the whole a fairly secular society (even among those who profess a belief). We've had no-fault divorce as our only kind of divorce since the early 70s - it's easy to get a divorce, you just have to separate for a year before you can finalise the process. Many, many people date during that year. I did myself (as did my ex, who got engaged during that time). Nobody batted an eye.

Of course that doesn't mean every individual feels okay with it when it happens to them ... plenty of women become victims to their exes after separation. :(

Thank you for this info. I didn't realize there was a mandatory year separation required. I'm accustomed to US divorces where you can sign a piece of paper and be legally divorced in a couple of months pretty easily. No mandatory separation required. It certainly makes sense people would date within a year of separation.

I think adult children not being aware of the separation seems odd. Odd enough I don't know if I can believe it. Not that it means anything, maybe they just chose not to divulge the information. Maybe dad told them to keep hush about it. I'm surprised the sons publicly acknowledged asking dad if he was involved. I know it was quoted they are on his side and believe him, but why even bring it up? I think there is some definitely doubts about dad's innocence. MOO, of course.

I think the husband was likely jealous of this relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if he had just confirmed Sharon was dating someone shortly before Sharon disappeared. I think a jealous person would hate hearing and seeing his wife, although separated, was dating someone else all over the news. If he was at the hotel that night while Sharon was there (stalker much?!), I'm guessing the jealousy and embarrassment was enough to push him over the edge. Speculation at best on my part.

More speculation while I'm thinking about it. I think Sharon knew husband had spotted her at the hotel. I think she was caught off guard but played it off, hoping they could return to her house and have a nice evening and she could deal with the aftermath later. I don't think she expected husband to be at the house when they got there. I wouldn't be surprised if husband had just arrived after he spotted Sharon getting ready to leave the hotel. I don't know why she went back to the house that night. Maybe she thought she might as well deal with this issue now and hopefully get some private time with the boyfriend for the duration of his stay. I think husband was probably relatively calm when she walked in. I think that's why she felt safe enough to change clothes. I'm guessing something was said that angered husband. Maybe something along the lines of how long she'd been dating the boyfriend. Husband not thrilled with this knowledge blows up.

Now I'm not sure what happens next. I've debated on whether she was killed at her home and husband moved her, but I think there would be evidence of a struggle at the least if that happened. So my next thought is that maybe husband wasn't outwardly upset and offered to take Sharon somewhere and she agrees or maybe there was a fight but things appeared cooled off enough she felt safe enough to get in the car. But I can't see why she wouldn't just take her own car if she opted to leave. Could the husband have somehow talked Sharon into driving herself to husband's house? Maybe Sharon was talked into driving husband back to his house? Maybe Sharon left and husband followed her and at some point Sharon pulled over to find out why he was following her and that's when she was killed? I'm just trying to find a way to make the known facts add up and I'm having a hard time doing so.

Oh how heartbreaking! Personally I`d get annoyed with cameras in my face, too but its not looking great is it. There's a big drug problem in Grafton, I've spent a lot of time there (but not on drugs fyi ;) ). However, its not unusual for people to have guns, additional bush blocks and I've known a few swingers there. Casual partners while still married. Not my thing but it happens. Whatever floats ones boat, I am not one to judge as long as no one gets hurt......but someone is missing. :( Why do ploice believe its homicide? Did they ever find her phone and bag? I really do not know what to think. It must be more complex then meets the public eye or there would be an arrest, surely. I think it's easy to judge someone who doesn't fit societies norms, but I am keeping an open mind. I am not a fan of sensationalism reporting but police naming JE as key suspect in segment is very concerning. Is there anymore news on this? Did anyone else drive JEs car? Has anyone thought Dad might be taking the rap for sons over guns? Is there any evidence to suggest the pair were growing dope or involved in the drug scene there? Curious.....fence sitting here. Looking for updates.

I watched the video interview (Tracey Grimshaw's ACA). And Wow!
Seeing a "Suspect" hiding behind a car.
A new Girlfriend...
Why not proclaim your innocence to everyone. (I would).

(Unless he has been told not to give interviews)

But was he really advised to look and act as guilty as all heck???

All moo

I don't believe the boys are suspects, nor are they of questionable character, if anything you can see by their body language that they loved their mum and are as puzzled as everyone else is, by her disappearance.
Oh how heartbreaking! Personally I`d get annoyed with cameras in my face, too but its not looking great is it. There's a big drug problem in Grafton, I've spent a lot of time there (but not on drugs fyi ;) ). However, its not unusual for people to have guns, additional bush blocks and I've known a few swingers there. Casual partners while still married. Not my thing but it happens. Whatever floats ones boat, I am not one to judge as long as no one gets hurt......but someone is missing. :( Why do ploice believe its homicide? Did they ever find her phone and bag? I really do not know what to think. It must be more complex then meets the public eye or there would be an arrest, surely. I think it's easy to judge someone who doesn't fit societies norms, but I am keeping an open mind. I am not a fan of sensationalism reporting but police naming JE as key suspect in segment is very concerning. Is there anymore news on this? Did anyone else drive JEs car? Has anyone thought Dad might be taking the rap for sons over guns? Is there any evidence to suggest the pair were growing dope or involved in the drug scene there? Curious.....fence sitting here. Looking for updates.

I watched the video interview (Tracey Grimshaw's ACA). And Wow!
Seeing a "Suspect" hiding behind a car.
A new Girlfriend...
Why not proclaim your innocence to everyone. (I would).

(Unless he has been told not to give interviews)

But was he really advised to look and act as guilty as all heck???

All moo

Yes, moo, too - i should add. Yes, I wondered that, too. If he has been instructed not to talk to them. And you never know what editing work these swiney reporters have done, he may have claimed he is innocent and they just portray his crazy side to feed the viewers. Was the woman actually his girlfriend though or is that sloppy reporter guesswork? I know I'm playing devils advocate here, on first look it seems obvious, but its not always what we think....i hope the family gets answers soon. :(

Missing for so long. No answers - except for the person with that knowledge.

I thought of that too.

I lived on a farm as a child/teen, we had .22 bolt action rifle and a double barrel shotgun, we did not have a sawed-off shotgun nor did we know of other farmers in the area owning one. I can't think of a good reason for having one.
Imo, it is shortened for concealment in a sports/duffle bag and for nefarious reasons.

Just my 2c. Right from the time JE first appeared on television I thought he was as guilty as sin so it doesn't surprise me at all that they have named him as a suspect. I don't often have such strong feelings about someone (the last time was when I first saw Keisha Weippart's killers). I can see a few burly detectives with an arrest warrant looming large on JE's horizon very soon.

Just my 2c. Right from the time JE first appeared on television I thought he was as guilty as sin so it doesn't surprise me at all that they have named him as a suspect. I don't often have such strong feelings about someone (the last time was when I first saw Keisha Weippart's killers). I can see a few burly detectives with an arrest warrant looming large on JE's horizon very soon.
I hope so! IMO he knows exactly what happened to his wife.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It is believed the couple may have argued and Mr Edwards was the last person to see her before she went missing.

Today police have revealed they found evidence her mobile phone was detected later that night and in the early hours of March 15, 30km north in the township of Lawrence, where Mr Edwards was living at the time.

Coffs/Clarence Crime Manager Detective Inspector Darren Jameson told reporters this morning the couple may have argued at the Edwards family home in Grafton before she disappeared.

“Mr Edwards’ status of this investigation is of significant interest to us. We are still trying to rule out aspects in or out. We are keeping an open mind but if you are asking me is he a suspect? Yes Mr Edwards is a suspect,” he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...c84eaa40f?sv=fd7b0326d36d14b1ad36c64cf904ae54

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back