Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The heat is on him now. He probably met that new girlfriend online and she had no idea about his wife's disappearance being 8 hours' drive away. I wonder how long she will stick around now and if he will confess in the end or plead not guilty? They are obviously following him.

Or I also wonder if they knew each other before Sharon 'disappeared'.

The heat is on him now. He probably met that new girlfriend online and she had no idea about his wife's disappearance being 8 hours' drive away. I wonder how long she will stick around now and if he will confess in the end or plead not guilty? They are obviously following him.

Sharon obviously realised he wasn't her type.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 40
Yes that's a possibility that he knew this lady before. But with all the dating at restaurants and so on, it sounded like a new relationship to me with a woman he hardly knew and who lived in another state (possibly Bundaberg, Queensland as it is eight hours away from Lawrence or the Central Coast NSW for that matter) so she might not have been aware of his wife's disappearance nor that he had just come out of prison. He probably decided to enjoy himself while he could and be able to hide away. Surely, she will get fed up soon, he will cut his hair and shave his beard off and try to do a runner with the police and media after him.

I can see two possible motives.

One is power, jealousy and control in that "If I can't have you, nobody else will". I wonder if she considered him stalking her by his visits every two days. I would hate that. If he had the keys, she would not have known when he would turn up. Sharon had dated this man for 15 months so obviously the resentment and anger had built up. I doubt that JE had only just discovered this relationship. However, at one stage, the media reported that Sharon's boyfriend came from Sydney and had been cleared. So maybe Sharon used to visit him there pretending to stay with girlfriends and this was the first time he had come to visit her. If I read between the lines, it appeared that Sharon's boyfriend was going to stay at her house the night and then had to stay with another friend because JE's car was there. That is possibly why he did not have a car himself and was in Sharon's car.

The other is money and greed. With Sharon gone (and if he got away with it), he would have both houses, two cars (and so on) so he would be a better prospect for a new girlfriend and have a more prosperous retirement. As they were only separated, my guess is that she had not yet changed her will, so John would have been the beneficiary. Maybe a property settlement and divorce were looming and he decided that he wanted Sharon's new house and/or he could let it out for income as he was retired. I seem to remember that they actually bought that house rather her just renting it. He soon painted it after she "disappeared" so that was probably part of his plan.

Also I think they must have had an altercation when Sharon arrived home and she told him it was the end and /or he told Sharon to end her relationship with this man and she refused. Sharon tried to escape to go back to where the boyfriend was staying and JE restrained her or threatened her with one of his guns. At some stage, I predict that JE either suffocated or strangled her whether it was in Lawrence or Grafton. Had Sharon changed into her night clothes having put the clothes she was wearing that night into the washing machine? Otherwise did she change into something with pockets such as a tracksuit into which she put her mobile phone?

So either Sharon was already dead when she left Grafton and went to Lawrence, or she left Grafton alive being threatened with a gun. In either scenario, she either had her mobile phone in her pocket or he took it. His car was in the garage so did he use her car to drive from Grafton to Lawrence? Then he drove it back next day?

I am wondering what forensic evidence they have found? JE had Sunday and Monday to clean up. IIRC he did not report it until the Tuesday.

These are just my ruminations for the day trying to put it all together. I welcome your comments.

Sharon obviously realised he wasn't her type.

But she was a little slow to realise that. Sharon strikes me as a very loving lady who is very forgiving and a people pleaser which I used to be. JE gave her three sons and consequent grandchildren so she probably appreciated that and thought marriage was for life so lacked the courage to divorce him. However, by the time of her death, she had probably realised that she could have a happy life without JE so why lead him on any longer? I do not mean to criticise Sharon for that but living two lives is difficult when you have to pose as the loving couple for your sons and friends.

I think you are on the money there Estelle.
Sharon was in the impressive home and JE certainly didn't like a new man moving in.
I'm trying to find the link that Sharon loved the yellow.

JE has rented out the property and I'm guessing he's done the same as the Lawrence property.

April 20, 2015

Mrs Edwards lived in the recently purchased Grafton home, which Mr Edwards began painting grey — a colour he said she chose. Mr Edwards spent most of his time at the Lawrence property out of town.

The Daily Telegraph last week revealed Mr Edwards has begun repainting his wife’s distinctive pale yellow home after recent publicity.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/eef775540eb787179f96c6331b00c45a

I am confused as to why their children were not aware they were separated. They were living in different homes.

Yes, Louise, I find that strange too, especially when as I said in a previous post they are adult children, not little ones. And especially since she'd known the other man for 15 months. Maybe that's why it was kept secret; perhaps Sharon was too afraid to let him know that there was another man, fearing what he would do, and knowing his prediliction for firearms.

I feel that that there's something we aren't being told. Maybe ACA might enlighten us further down the track.

I am confused as to why their children were not aware they were separated. They were living in different homes.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why he left the teaching profession?

In regards to the photo on the beach, I'm sure it was posted the morning she vanished not the morning after.

From memory it was taken when she went to have breakfast with one of her sons.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/7d47d1b27d162515c63a89d1556f6f61

On Saturday, March 14, she was filmed on CCTV leaving the Good Intent Hotel in Grafton about 10pm.
She has not been seen since.
Earlier that day she had breakfast with her son Zac in Coffs Harbour — about 9am.

She then returned to play tennis in the afternoon at Grafton Tennis Club, where she is a committee member.

[h=1]Latest Media Releases[/h] [h=1]Investigations continue into suspected murder of Grafton teacher - Strike Force Burrow[/h]Friday, 18 March 2016

“Her mobile phone is a key element in our investigation and we are analysing forensic data from mobile service providers.”

Following preliminary forensic examination of her mobile phone transmission data, it appears her phone signal has migrated from Grafton, moving north to the Lawrence area.

The last signal transmission from her mobile phone was in this area in the early hours of Sunday 15 March 2015.

Detectives are continuing their analysis of this data, as well as that of other mobile services which may have communicated with her phone during this time.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNTMyOTQuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

March 14, 2015: 10-11pm: Sharon Edwards is last seen at the Good Intent Hotel in South Grafton, enjoying a night out with friends. Estranged husband John Edwards is also at the hotel.

I hadn't realised that before. So he would have seen her there with her 'friend'

I didnt know this either. I think this makes a big difference. Actually seeing an ex spouse with someone else is a lot harder than just knowing about it.

Perhaps he saw her but she did not see him there. Am I correct in saying her boyfriend came from Sydney?

Also I predict that the boys did not visit them in Lawrence or Grafton, but she went to them sometimes with JE so they were able to hide the fact that they had bought the new house in May 2014 for $415,000 which could have been mortgaged hence he had to let it as soon as he could? They also own a third property. I wonder where that is?

As far as I know, I think JE is older so he retired from teaching and Sharon's salary was possibly paying for the mortgage on the new house. Anyone know how old he is? I guess it was in both names but could have been just in Sharon's name as part of a secret property settlement with JE to keep the two other houses.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why he left the teaching profession?

I've thought the same....if he got a payout? He looks offbeat for a school teacher.
I remember somewhere it said JE purchased the house in Grafton. I'm still looking for this.

I didnt know this either. I think this makes a big difference. Actually seeing an ex spouse with someone else is a lot harder than just knowing about it.

As I predicted before, my gut feeling is that Sharon's boyfriend was a secret from everyone as I thought I read once that he lived in Sydney and perhaps she used to visit him there. This might have been the first time he had flown (as he did not drive her home) up to her area to see her in the 15 months that they had known each other perhaps expecting to stay the night. I say this because I can imagine that JE used to stalk Sharon so he would know her movements. Seeing her with another man (if it was the first time he found out about it), would have been a shock for JE so being angry about it, he might have lain in wait at her house to confront her about it. I think her boyfriend could have made a lucky escape going back to their other friend's house to stay the night as that did not sound as if it had been planned. It looks as if Sharon had not seen JE at the hotel but he saw her and perhaps immediately went to her house so she knew she was in trouble when she saw his car in the garage hence the expletive her boyfriend said that she uttered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back