Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched the video of the husband and the poor man seems genuinely upset. His mouth looks all trembly towards the end. I really feel for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know where Stephanie's mum lives? Maybe she thought she'd pop in and see her mum for Easter, and never made it there. What was the weather like there on Easter Sunday?

In a brief video at this link, about ½ way down the page, her family have maps out and are planning which routes to search then heading off to search them.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-and-bride-to-be-vanishes-from-riverina-town

- The family had a helicopter up for an hour today, it will go back up tomorrow. They will be paying for it themselves.
- They don't know where Stephanie could have gone ... everything would have been closed that day.
- They are cancelling and postponing all wedding arrangements.
- Bank cards have not been used. Stephanie's mobile phone is diverting right to messagebank.
- Stephanie always told people if she was going somewhere, or if she was changing plans.
- Stephanie's dad is driving up and down roads, searching for Stephanie's car.
- Apparently the police cannot trace Stephanie's phone, as it is 'off'. Her phone being off is unusual in itself.

Ben Fordham at this link, speaking to Stephanie's mum.
http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/99361 (6min 23secs)

steph_scott_450.jpg

http://www.2gb.com/article/search-missing-stephanie-scott

Why didn't he call her family or friends when she didn't show up for dinner, especially when he said that they used to message a lot. So her to be out of contact is not normal at all.

There's a big Ice problem in Leeton, with students of Leeton High School using it - relevant? Who knows??

There was a case in Leeton last year or the year before where 2 men crashed their car into a channel and the car wasn't found for 6 days, even then it was only that a farmer had ordered water and his channel was low enough to show the roof and when he drove over the channel on the driveway it was just visible.

There's no SES action happening - I'm guessing that the police don't see the need to engage their services.

There were detectives going back into the police station late this afternoon with news crews parked out the front. What on earth do the police know and what are their theories??

There was a festival on in Griffith that weekend and a LOT of extra traffic and people passing through and staying in Leeton...

Just random thoughts and comments...

I've got a close friend in Leeton and she spent hours driving around this afternoon looking for any sign of the car... The whole town is just so worried!

I really hope that there is a happy outcome here!!

I've got a close friend in Leeton and she spent hours driving around this afternoon looking for any sign of the car... The whole town is just so worried!

I really hope that there is a happy outcome here!!

RSBM

Do you know if it was raining there over the weekend, Humdinger? Bad weather, poor visibility? I see it has been very chilly at night, but I can't find anything about rainfall.
Some articles say her mum is scared Stephanie's car has rolled and gone into a ditch. Possibly because of the car you speak of that was submerged in a channel.

I have a feeling it did rain at some point, maybe Sunday? I know that my friend and I spoke of it today. Monday and today she saw snakes so I doubt it rained on Monday. I'll confirm with her tomorrow!
The channels are frightening, so deep and quite wide! I'd imagine that locals and police are looking for any marks on the ground near channels, but it's a massive system of channels, so it would be a difficult job!

I wonder if she had ever picked up hitchhikers previously? I am thinking accident but where, or abduction.

Edit. Just saw Humdingers post. These channels sound like the most obvious places to look for a submerged car. I hope they are searching these that are next to roads as running off the road into one of these is very plausible.

I found this news report about flooding on the Sturt Highway on Monday, just east of Narrandera and Collingullie, so I imagine there was enough rain or run-off in the area to fill the channels up, and maybe make the roads slippery. If only they knew if Stephanie had suddenly decided to go somewhere - maybe she thought she'd ring someone from the car, but never got the opportunity.

https://www.facebook.com/abcriverina/posts/909406642415910

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/man-missing-as-car-sinks-in-canal/story-e6freol3-1111116937539
This is an old article about a car crashing into a channel. There's a lot of itinerant worker in the area because it's a massive fruit growing region.

I'll come back with the link of the story I spoke of before.

OMG ... the picture! Those are deep cement irrigation channels - water 3-4 metres deep. It says a police car even rolled into the channel and sank in that rescue!

OMG ... the picture! Those are deep cement channels. A police car even got pulled into the channel and sank in that rescue!

They're not all like that, most are just really deep dirt trenches, for want of a better word. I'll find some pics.

A submerged phone would explain why it appears turned off. Hopefully they would know which tower it last connected to.

Yikes, no wonder her mum is worried about her being in a channel. I must have been sleeping when we drove through the area last year. I can't remember ever seeing them before either, but it is probably 25 years since my last visit and as a teen I wouldn't have been watching the scenery.

dcd2ba9cd126513aa5e427f60c97b2da.jpg

This was a crash last year right in town that killed 2.

57558b728565a93202a431691bf9e0b0.jpg

This shows a bigger channel

8817df3486b307a747e7494fbcfa174c.jpg

Some are right next to the road

c7eb83431ab5d8cc440c7e945368c3f9.jpg

36dd531908f602a5b5487bd420d17069.jpg

7adfa82128f91a691a101d908c78a9b1.jpg

2bd563849491d4330f918a8b4d3534c1.jpg

Yikes, no wonder her mum is worried about her being in a channel. I must have been sleeping when we drove through the area last year. I can't remember ever seeing them before either, but it is probably 25 years since my last visit and as a teen I wouldn't have been watching the scenery.

Unless you know they're there, most you don't see - which makes them more dangerous really!

There's one right in front of my friends house, so that's why I'm more aware I guess.

These channels are really spooking me.

If it was raining her car could've aqua planed and spun into a channel.

http://weather.mla.com.au/climate-history/nsw/leeton

Sunday - 2mm of rain, nothing for the 2 days before that. Not looking likely.

That page will change every day until Sunday's weather is no longer available.

Maybe she suffered a stroke or heart attack in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member