Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been canvassed yet: what was VS doing at the school on that day to begin with? Why did he go there? He wasn't scheduled to work there. He couldn't have *expected* any teacher to be there, it being Easter Sunday, let alone Stephanie? And if he had no keys to the place and was not the go-to person for anyone who needed out of hours access, of what interest could dropping in to the school have even been to him??

Unfortunately we are verboten from discussing family dynamics here that we may have picked up from social media. Some has been mentioned in MSM, and I don't know that it is OK to discuss that either as the family are victims also. You know the drill Troopster. The lines get blurry at times.
Paraphrasing, two boys and the mother arrived 13 months ago, the mother being under pressure from them to return to Australia, do an English course, and return to Nursing. The twin went to Adelaide and did not come with them.
Significant to me is that V is skilled in cleaning up after dental procedures. That could make him a very tidy criminal, despite the report of blood in his car.
How do we know the mother was under pressure to return to Australia? Was that reported somewhere?

And Im also not clear on how police got onto him to begin with, to even ask him about alibis? One person on here said something about him catching the attnetion of police because he apparently kept driving around the school in his ute while police were there investigating, but i have not heard or read that anywhere else. Do you think he would just have initially been scooped up with all the people who worked at the school, whether teachers or cleaners? I don;t see how he would have stood out as anyone significant from the get go (before his alibi didnt tee up), unless he had been stalking her and Stephanie had been aware and maybe mentioned something to her friends or family??

Hi everyone, lots of familiar names here. I don't get to see the news much so appreciate all the posts and media article links. Such an awful thing to happen. Almost doesn't seem real - more like a Patricia Cornwell Dr Scarpetta novel.

Maybe they left Holland for a reason? I guess we'll have to wait and see what else comes out. I don't know if I can do another two years (like we did waiting for GBC to get his).

I assume that the laptop/ipad would have no use to the cops now? Can any data be retrieved?
I think they would be able to still retrieve stuff. I'm thinking of the camera in the Jodi Arias case....it was water damaged after everything was deleted but they still got everything back.

Lets hope anyway!

and why Leeton? it's hard to imagine anyone sitting in Holland dreaming of a life in Leeton as an alternative. What's the connection? if any..

I wondered that too. Especially as they started out in Tasmania before Holland. Leeton seems like a random choice. It was also reported that his mother is a nurse. Maybe that had something to do with the choice of location.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sing-bride-to-be/story-e6frg6nf-1227296144538

An interesting fact from that article, but not relevant... the red car was spotted by the Channel 9 helicopter Thursday morning (so surely the helicopter hired by Stephanie's family earlier would have spotted it.) He's kept the car somewhere else before Thursday, surely.

I don;t see how he would have stood out as anyone significant from the get go (before his alibi didnt tee up), unless he had been stalking her and Stephanie had been aware and maybe mentioned something to her friends or family??

Yes, another thing I wondered about. The police seemed to be onto it incredibly quickly, like they had someone in mind.

Could there be any hope Stephanie is still alive and was being kept somewhere by him?
It seems everyone knows she's been murdered, is it a definite thing that it was her body on his phone?
I would think that whatever they have is pretty much conclusive that she is dead. Perhaps she was recognizable in the photo. Or her clothing or something. They'd know for sure, I'd bet.

Has this been canvassed yet: what was VS doing at the school on that day to begin with? Why did he go there? He wasn't scheduled to work there. He couldn't have *expected* any teacher to be there, it being Easter Sunday, let alone Stephanie? And if he had no keys to the place and was not the go-to person for anyone who needed out of hours access, of what interest could dropping in to the school have even been to him??

I thought initially that he went to the school expecting no one to be there and was caught out by Stephanie. Perhaps he was attempting to steal something, or something else dodgy and got caught.

Reading comments on here though, its seems that many feel that he more deliberately targeted Stephanie - went to school knowing she was there perhaps.

I don't think she was at all acquainted with him, even though he cleaned the school she worked at. He most likely did that after hours and given he did not socialize around the town they probably hadn't crossed paths.

Just wondering whether anyone out there thinks that a second person could have been involved here?
The more I think about the logistics with the cars, the more perplexed I am about how one person could have just whisked both cars away!
And for VS to evidently not be talking to police ... Could he be protecting someone (apart from himself)?

How do we know the mother was under pressure to return to Australia? Was that reported somewhere?
Daily Telegraph for one, I know there were others with even more detail, and this one alludes to neighbours comments/opinion.
The family spent several years in Holland before the boys pleaded with their mother to return to Australia, according to neighbours.
Anika, a qualified nurse, went to Canberra for an English language course soon after arriving in NSW and the boys spent several months trying to find work to support the family.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...anford-in-leeton/story-fni0cx12-1227297860421

I think the laptop was probably just being disposed of along with all other evidence he was left with - simply because it was Stephanie's and there's no reason why he should have it in his possession. Being lazy here about scrolling back through the thread - but have we heard news about her other belongings being found? She probably had a bag or wallet with her at least, and its contents, and her phone - have any of these been located?
MSM has not reported that it *is* hers, so, it could just as likely be his, and it could contain something incriminating - that's why it was being discussed. It's being assumed it's hers, but nowhere has that been reported.

The deputy head was reported as giving SS the keys early in the investigation by one of the media outlets
Do you have the link to that article? I've not seen mention of the deputy head till the one late today, and nothing about specifics of who gave her the key.

I thought initially that he went to the school expecting no one to be there and was caught out by Stephanie. Perhaps he was attempting to steal something, or something else dodgy and got caught.

Reading comments on here though, its seems that many feel that he more deliberately targeted Stephanie - went to school knowing she was there perhaps.

I don't think she was at all acquainted with him, even though he cleaned the school she worked at. He most likely did that after hours and given he did not socialize around the town they probably hadn't crossed paths.
That just makes it even more bizarre... If they didnt know each other, yet he 'knew' something as ad hoc as that she was going there at that time! How many other people would have known that? I wonder if he might have overheard her saying something to another teacher on a previous day after classes, when/if he was there cleaning, that she planned to go in on that day?
In any case, he seems to have had impeccable timing. She wouldnt have been there that long before he pounced. Just seems too impeccable to be that random, but then by the same token, if they didnt know one another, how could it not have been random?! Aaaarghh!

There has got to be more to VS's story!
I cannot believe the entire family left the Netherlands to pursue a lowly cleaning job in Australia. He is old enough not to follow his mother to Australia if she was the impetus behind the move. (Career move for a nurse - better wages ? arriving with nothing to start again at 50+ not ideal?)

Unskilled labour is a hard road in Australia - many skilled immigrants have issues with finding suitable employment with their qualifications. Even more strange that they decided on Leeton???

The twin brother cleared off right away and has no contact.

Sounds like VS was attempting to make a clean start ----- well he stuffed that up! Hmmmm are there any criminal reasons where you can be deported from Holland to the country of your birth?

An article I read said he was born in Tasmania, and that he and his brother had begged their Mother to move back to Australia from The Netherlands.

I'll try to find it.

Vincent Stanford, the man charged with Ms Scott’s murder, was born in Tasmania but spent many years living in Holland with his family before moving back to Australia and settling in Leeton 13 months ago. He worked in the same school as Ms Scott.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-scott-in-leeton/story-fni0cx4q-1227296902471

i guess it shows she had contact with him that day, dropping the keys off.
maybe he had lied about seeing her?
No, it just shows he somehow got the keys from her. He has not been named as the person she got the keys from (and I dont think he was), so, she wouldn't have been dropping the keys back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne