Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Divers found the object just after 10am this morning, having received a tip-off from a member of the public

“He was in a Hilux, a white Hilux. We rang the police on Wednesday when we heard what happened.”

The Hilux was seized on Wednesday night when detectives arrived at Vincent Stanford’s Leeton home to question him about Ms Scott’s disappearance.

They went to the house to confront Stanford on Wednesday night. He wasn’t home but arrived soon after and was taken to the police station and grilled about what he knew about Ms Scott.

They also claim an inconsistent story about his movements on the day of her disappearance led police to focus on Vincent Stanford

Blood was allegedly found in his seized Toyota Hilux, which police asked the public for sightings of around Easter Sunday and Monday.

Detectives had grown suspicious of Stanford and his account of where he was over the holiday weekend.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ller-faces-court/story-fns0kb1g-1227297958719

Just wondering whether anyone out there thinks that a second person could have been involved here?
The more I think about the logistics with the cars, the more perplexed I am about how one person could have just whisked both cars away!
And for VS to evidently not be talking to police ... Could he be protecting someone (apart from himself)?

I've been thinking about that too. Police have said that it's too early in the investigation to rule it out, but it's interesting that they haven't ruled it out because I have read other cases where they say pretty quickly that they are not looking for anyone else (the recent case of the young girl jogging, Masa Vukovic)

I wonder if there have been more reports about seeing the white ute on Sunday, because police have now said that they are focusing on 5 specific locations just outside Leeton. I believe we only know of two ... where Stephanie's car was located, and where the laptop was found. Everything else that they have found/taken has been from his home, and a few things from the school.

Griffith local area commander Supt Michael Rowan today announced investigators were now focusing on five specific locations, just outside the small town.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-be-stephanie-scotts-body#7DLq5jeeZcVf02ES.99

Or maybe they are reviewing his photos, and he took photos of everywhere that he dumped items.

“He took photos of the channel and then ran back down the channel without it [laptop] in his hands."

This article was from April 8th, however there was another article (I think from The Irrigator) on Tuesday that mentioned the keys.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/br...fore-her-wedding/story-e6freon6-1227295420055
Thanks for finding that...it says:

“At 11am she was seen at the school by the deputy head."

I think it's probably safe to assume that the deputy head either gave her keys or let her in, and is the colleague that has been mentioned, and the last to see her.

I think VS and Stephanie would have been known to each other. Teachers put in long hours, not just 9-3. She would have been at school early to prepare for the day's lessons and most likely would have stayed later than 3 on most days. All the cleaners I've 'known' from the schools I've been associated with know the teachers and vice versa. The cleaners usually start their cleanup pretty much straight after the 3pm bell goes ( if not before )

In my opinion he was infatuated with her and made his move which was politely declined which then sent him into a rage , and the rest is history :(
He would know her car and could have been driving past the school quite innocently when he's decided to go in and see her. Opportunity = :(

I'll bet we find out down the track that he had a criminal history of some sort ( probably sexual ) in Holland.

I wonder if there have been more reports about seeing the white ute on Sunday, because police have now said that they are focusing on 5 specific locations just outside Leeton. I believe we only know of two ... where Stephanie's car was located, and where the laptop was found. Everything else that they have found/taken has been from his home, and a few things from the school.

Griffith local area commander Supt Michael Rowan today announced investigators were now focusing on five specific locations, just outside the small town.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-be-stephanie-scotts-body#7DLq5jeeZcVf02ES.99

Whoa, a strange tidbit from that article:

“I saw a white ute pull up on Griffith Road with a bloke walking up on the channel with what looked like an iPad or a laptop,” he said.

“He took photos of the channel and then ran back down the channel without it in his hands."

He took photos of the channel???? WTF is going on?! OMG her poor family. This is so weird.

I also wonder if the police mentioning the burnt body photo ( makes me ill typing that :( ) will jog people's memories in the geographical area as to any smoke or fires that had been observed over the relevant days.

Thanks for finding that...it says:

“At 11am she was seen at the school by the deputy head."

I think it's probably safe to assume that the deputy head either gave her keys or let her in, and is the colleague that has been mentioned, and the last to see her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3031071/Leeton-man-arrested-murder-Stephanie-Scott.html

This article states she received keys from a colleague at 11am.

'She texted her fiancé Mr Leeson-Woolley at 10am on Sunday about her plans for the morning, and got a pair of keys from a school colleague at 11am, but when he tried to call her at midday there was no answer.'

The other article states she was seen by the Deputy Head at 11am, so I'd assume it was the Deputy Head that gave her the keys.

Notable cultural difference. Not a reason to move to Australia from the Netherlands as a young man, as two common outlets are obviously accomodated more liberally there.

http://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-crime-rate-in-the-Netherlands-seem-lower-than-other-countries

:confused:

"New South Wales*(NSW) has the most liberal legislation on prostitution in Australia, with almost complete decriminalisation"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Australia#New_South_Wales

Whoa, a strange tidbit from that article:

“I saw a white ute pull up on Griffith Road with a bloke walking up on the channel with what looked like an iPad or a laptop,” he said.

“He took photos of the channel and then ran back down the channel without it in his hands."

He took photos of the channel???? WTF is going on?! OMG her poor family. This is so weird.

I heard this witness on the tv news tonight and I'm 99% sure he said him and his friend thought the person was going to take photos because they had the iPad / laptop. Not that they observed him taking photos. Big difference and sloppy reporting by the newspaper journalist, if that's the true story.

That just makes it even more bizarre... If they didnt know each other, yet he 'knew' something as ad hoc as that she was going there at that time! How many other people would have known that? I wonder if he might have overheard her saying something to another teacher on a previous day after classes, when/if he was there cleaning, that she planned to go in on that day?
In any case, he seems to have had impeccable timing. She wouldnt have been there that long before he pounced. Just seems too impeccable to be that random, but then by the same token, if they didnt know one another, how could it not have been random?! Aaaarghh!

From all accounts Stephanie was a very nice friendly person, teachers often stay back working when cleaners are on site, so it's quite likely they did know each other. My guess is he has developed an infatuation with this young beautiful friendly teacher, who was probably quite kind to him.

My theory is, she was at school and he was driving by the school. He sees her car and considers this might be an opportunity to attack her, or maybe just to talk to her. The conversation would naturally be about her doing her handover because she is getting married in a week and going on her honeymoon. My guess is he was quite jealous of the fiancee, and it's quite possible she told him the Fiancee was not at home, ie, had attended a party last night and she was finishing up some work. This is around 1pm as she sent the last email.

So he made and move, she fought back and during the struggle he killed her. He knows hes got a few hours at least until the Fiancee will be back. He would move his ute close to the school (the carpark is on grounds), then place her body in the tray hidden beneath the canopy. He takes her laptop and car keys and drives the Mazda out into the vineyard off a dirt track. He walks/jogs back into town to school, cleans up any visible evidence quickly, then leaves the school. This would be about 3-4pm.

He then drives the ute somewhere remote on sunday afternoon, my guess would be somewhere in the bushland near the river near the village of Yanco. He burns the body to try and hide any DNA evidence, and for some ****ed up reason takes some pictures of her. May have then buried her in a shallow grave. He also throws her laptop/phone? into the channel, he may of thought it could be traced somehow.

Back home by 7:20PM as that seems to line up with witness reports of the time he arrived home.

I just wish he would, even if he didn't admit to the crime, at least just tell the police where her body is so the family can bury their loved one.

Daily Telegraph for one, I know there were others with even more detail, and this one alludes to neighbours comments/opinion.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...anford-in-leeton/story-fni0cx12-1227297860421
Thanks for that link, Possumheart.
So, as it's been reported, I guess we can discuss it then - as in, statements made about the family's movements?
No mention ever of the father, correct?
Sounds like they spent many years in Holland, if the boys are now speaking English with a Dutch accent.
Pleading with their mother to return to Australia? Wonder why they left Australia to begin with?
Something obviously wasn't going too well in the Netherlands.
And, so they come out to Leeton of all places, and I see I'm not the only person on here who thinks that's a bit of an odd destination to settle in. For cleaning work. They come out here with nothing but what they can carry, so to speak...
Almost sounds like they've fled one place, then the next...
So, sounds like they all wanted to leave HOlland, but one of the twins doesn't stay with the rest of the fam; goes to Adelaide. Wonder what happened there.
I agree with whoever mentioned that it sounds like VS wanted to make a new start here ... but just totally stuffed it up!

From all accounts Stephanie was a very nice friendly person, teachers often stay back working when cleaners are on site, so it's quite likely they did know each other. My guess is he has developed an infatuation with this young beautiful friendly teacher, who was probably quite kind to him.

My theory is, she was at school and he was driving by the school. He sees her car and considers this might be an opportunity to attack her, or maybe just to talk to her. The conversation would naturally be about her doing her handover because she is getting married in a week and going on her honeymoon. My guess is he was quite jealous of the fiancee, and it's quite possible she told him the Fiancee was not at home, ie, had attended a party last night and she was finishing up some work. This is around 1pm as she sent the last email.

So he made and move, she fought back and during the struggle he killed her. He knows hes got a few hours at least until the Fiancee will be back. He would move his ute close to the school (the carpark is on grounds), then place her body in the tray hidden beneath the canopy. He takes her laptop and car keys and drives the Mazda out into the vineyard off a dirt track. He walks/jogs back into town to school, cleans up any visible evidence quickly, then leaves the school. This would be about 3-4pm.

He then drives the ute somewhere remote on sunday afternoon, my guess would be somewhere in the bushland near the river near the village of Yanco. He burns the body to try and hide any DNA evidence, and for some ****ed up reason takes some pictures of her. May have then buried her in a shallow grave. He also throws her laptop/phone? into the channel, he may of thought it could be traced somehow.

Back home by 7:20PM as that seems to line up with witness reports of the time he arrived home.

I just wish he would, even if he didn't admit to the crime, at least just tell the police where her body is so the family can bury their loved one.

Yes, this could be a possibility. Tell me, wasn't where the car was found in the same general area as where the laptop was disposed of?

This is pretty much exactly how I think it's happened as well.

Yep, in this day and age, I reckon the capacity to conduct international criminal history checks would have to be on the wishlist of Governments and law enforcements agencies!
But it wasn't all that long ago, when in Australia the ability to run an interSTATE criminal history check was even still a challenge! You could get the data for NSW (speaking from a NSW resident perspective), but to get interstate histories you'd have to go through this convoluted process via the CRIMTRAC agency in Canberra, who would try and piece it all together. Now, I understand it's all accessible via the one database.
So, can only imagine (or dream) of the day when international checks could be run. Most likely not in our lifetime!! :(

We hear so much about immigrants coming INto Australia, so this scenario where expats are leaving and then coming back is a bit out of the norm, but it potentially exposes a loop hole.

Yes, this could be a possibility. Tell me, wasn't where the car was found in the same general area as where the laptop was disposed of?

It was close, but it had to be after he had already abandoned the mazda then gone back to get his ute, because witnesses saw him driving his ute. He may have even disposed of the laptop before he burned her.

One problem I see with the theory I posted is that, the pictures of her body don't line up with it being an accidental death. It seems to me that for someone to be so careless and stupid as to leave photos of the body on a camera in his car, they must have believed they were going to get away with the crime, and wanted to keep the image as a trophy. The fact he took the picture and kept it suggests to me that he may have been planning to assault/kill her/someone for a while.

POLICE divers have recovered a laptop from an irrigation canal just a few kilometres from her dumped car.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ller-faces-court/story-fns0kb1g-1227297958719

Yes, it sounds as though it was 6½ km from the location of the car - unless the following sentences are badly placed to run in conjunction with each other. If so, there was some other reason they were searching a channel 6½ km from the car.

..... divers were seen pulling a red laptop from the weed-strewn water.

The focus of the search on Friday was on a two-metre deep irrigation channel on the outskirts of Leeton, 6.5 kilometres from where Ms Scott's car was found on a rural property on Thursday.

Sources have confirmed the laptop belonged to the Leeton High School English and drama teacher.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/04/10/stephanie-scotts-laptop-pulled-canal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne