GUILTY Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Emma Partridge ‏@em_partridge now51 seconds ago

Someone yells "you piece of ****" as Marcus Stanford is sentenced to 1 yr and 3 months for being a murder accessory

Melinda Hayter ‏@MelindaHayter now

Marcus Stanford to be release from prison on 9 September 2016

And mainly for HER!! What a disgrace! I am so angry, so bitter about this crime and now this farce of a sentence!! Her poor family! Oh dear!

Sarah Crawford ‏@SCrawfordNews 3m3 minutes ago

Marcus Stanford's sentence is backdated to June 10 2015 and he will be released on September 9 this year. No parole period @dailytelegraph
:facepalm: :furious:

It appears crime compensates! I hope this farce of judge is not the same who will sentence the other beast... The main one.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/marcus-st...murder-of-leeton-teacher-20160823-gqzhm1.html

Marcus Stanford jailed for helping brother Vincent after murder of Leeton teacher
by Emma Partridge, 24 August 2016.

For failing to tell the police what he received and assisting his brother after the murder, Marcus Stanford was sentenced to one year and three months in jail without parole.
He will be out of jail in September...

Why are some judgements completely out of step with community expectations?

Sometimes, it must be just a terrible job to be a copper in NSW.. hunting the crimes of Marcus down must have taken weeks, and application and determination... all accompanied by the inherent disgust and shock that goes along with a murder investigation, in , of all quiet , isolated places, Leeton. ... the crimes took place in a huge area of Australia's nothingness, from Cocoparra Park to the northern outskirts of Adelaide, and on to Sydney..

1 year , 3 months, out in a fortnight.

A woman's life in this country isn't worth a stale crumpet.

I can see where he gets a sort of discount for pleading guilty, but there were so many aggravating factors!.. Marcus knew that Stephanie was murdered, by his brother, and that was her jewellery .. naturally, it was her driving licence, so he knows, alright.

I do not accept this sentence as rational, or reasonable.

Agree Trooper. :mad:

It's been a long, intense and painful wait. Thoughts with Stephanie's family today, her fiance, Police investigators, her friends, her colleagues at Leeton High School and local community. Some of you may feel as indignant about the sentence handed down to Marcus Stanford as some of us WS do. The sentence hardly seems adequate and does not seem to reflect community expectations IMO.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-...s-accessory-to-stephanie-scott-murder/7779598

in this report , there is a clip of the judge pronouncing the sentence.. . It looks to me like the judge didn't even have enough respect for Stephanie to shave this morning..

I expected a sentence of at the minimum, 6 years, with a 5 year tariff on parole, ... I did not expect the sentence for Marcus Stanford to be so lenient, so generous and almost flippant. It has really shocked me to the core.

I do despair now of the sentence for Vincent. Probably something like 7 years, with parole application set at 3 years, and a grant for a Uni degree while serving sentence.

I give up. What is the bloody point. .. . .

Appalling result, but thank you Fuskier for the constant updates.

This is not justice for Stephanie or her loved ones.

I expected a sentence of at the minimum, 6 years, with a 5 year tariff on parole, ... I did not expect the sentence for Marcus Stanford to be so lenient, so generous and almost flippant. It has really shocked me to the core.

For selling a murder victim's rings? In NSW? You're lucky to get that for murder here.

That murder isn't an every day occurrence in every town is surprising, given how lenient our sentences are. I guess it's a credit to our society in general that something like Stephenie's murder is shocking to us and big news.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/st...script/?cs=148

Judge’s findings in Stanford case | Transcript
24 Aug 2016.

: "I have earlier given some examples that demonstrate the wide range of circumstances in which an offence of this type may be committed. Mr Neild submitted that this offence fell "towards the lower end of the range". The Crown Prosecutor accepted this to be the case. I do as well but I would immediately add that the act of the offender disposing of the rings is utterly appalling, disgraceful and inexcusable. It was the act of a man who put morality and human decency secondary to the interests of his murderous brother.[Unquote].

: "A report by Dr Katie Seidler, clinical and forensic psychologist, was tendered in his case. As the offender did not give evidence in the sentence proceedings I have determined not to give any great weight to self-serving statements recorded in the report."[Unquote]

:"Mr Neild submitted that I should find that his client is genuinely remorseful. I do not accept that, and not only because he did not give evidence. Dr Seidler's report includes that "Mr Stanford expressed both remorse and regret" but there is insufficient evidence in the report to support my acceptance of such a bare assertion."[Unquote].

For selling a murder victim's rings? In NSW? You're lucky to get that for murder here.

That murder isn't an every day occurrence in every town is surprising, given how lenient our sentences are. I guess it's a credit to our society in general that something like Stephenie's murder is shocking to us and big news.

I agree about the selling of her rings being almost trivial in comparison with other crimes etc.. but this was so much more than that...... There were searchers risking life looking in the hugest haystack for Stephanie and/or her body, there were the parents, demented with grief and terror, there was the fiancé, speechless with horror, there was a school of kids facing the disappearance of their teacher, there was a small town, baffled and bewildered, frightened and stricken with anxiety.

Marcus knew all this. What a snort he must have got out of the labelling of Steph as the 'runaway bride'...only he and Vincent knew she was no runaway. I don't believe his sentence reflects this degree of complicity in this murder. It seems to be correlated to the amount he received for the rings, an odd position to take, in my opinion. A sentence for managing to extract $705 from a pawnbroker and that's what is measured up. It is so wrong.

The irrigation canals of Leeton were closed and emptied to enable a search, the cost of this to the community is huge and ongoing, the helicopters, the travel and accommodation of Homicide officers to Leeton, the door to door investigation, the counsellors for the kids of the school, the immeasurable cost to Stephanie's parents and fiancé, to the teacher colleagues of the school...

And if I might hark back to the claim that Vincent was at the school hoping for the 12 yr old he was stalking to turn up, this insight into Vincent could only have come from Marcus, .. I cannot see Vincent admitting to this creepy failure, he and Marcus had to have had a conversation about this child, and Marcus, not Vincent would have passed it onto the detectives at some stage.

For this alone Marcus should get 10 years, for aiding and abetting in the procurement and planning of abduction for nefarious purposes , a small female child. .. for withholding that information from authorities , add on an extra 5 years.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/st...script/?cs=148

JUDGEMENT
Marcus Stanford:

"The statement of facts includes that an examination of Marcus Stanford's mobile phone revealed that it contained text messages going back as far as November 2014 but all messages between him and Vincent Stanford had been deleted"...There is no recorded conversation or text message in which Vincent Stanford asked his brother to sell Ms Scott's jewellery... "The offender was asked about having deleted text messages to and from Vincent Stanford. He said this was just a routine to free up memory in his phone. The Crown suggests this cannot be true because of the large number of text message communications with others which were not deleted. The offender denied that he was attempting to conceal the messages concerning the envelope sent by his brother"...

NEWS

Kelly Fedor Retweeted
Chris O'Keefe ‏@cokeefe9 2h2 hours ago

Premier Mike Baird says Marcus Stanford's sentence "Doesn't seem appropriate and the AG is considering every avenue available." @9NewsSyd

There's hope.

I heard on the radio 2GB that the attorney general will be intervening about this lenient sentence.

Please please act quickly. It's only days away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back