GUILTY Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No offence taken here, my mind went to the thought of the judges/magistrates navigating through the day with a set like that!

Anyway, it's the INJUSTICE that seems to be occuring on a regular basis that makes my blood boil.

Things like:
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-man-who-ran-over-perth-toddler-in-stolen-car ...what???

Trusting that the sentencing of VS will be more appropriate.

BBM. Agreed Pi Thoughts.http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-man-who-ran-over-perth-toddler-in-stolen-car. OMG! Where are we heading as a society?

This thing about the Autism Spectrum..... It leaves one with the nasty conviction that the mother and the older brother, Annike and Luke were tremendously , criminally neglectful in not opposing Vincent's employment IN A RURAL CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL!. ... for months, they both kept silent, if this claim is to be believed.

Every day, they nonchalantly allowed Vincent with all his psychiatric handicaps and strange interests to toddle off down the quiet and leafy lanes of Leeton, among all the kids from year 1 to year 12, .... ages 5 to 16, girls and boys, all in many ways captive at school, insofar as they are all expected to be there, and allow Vincent to observe them, and track them, female teachers, male teachers..... he could wander around at will...

and never said a word.

Could this be true? .. . They are the ones who know Vincent best. .. maybe more so than Marcus who had been living apart from Vincent since 2013. ...

FYI
http://www.cowraguardian.com.au/story/4125299/stanfords-release-sends-the-wrong-message/

Stanford’s release sends the wrong message
28 Aug 2016, 8:04 p.m.

In less than two weeks, Stanford will be free. This is the same man who has pawned off Ms Scott’s rings, the same man who seemingly showed no remorse for his or his brother’s actions in phone recordings after the murder.
Normally news doesn’t get a one-sided reaction in a newsroom, but this announcement was met with anger and disgust...This is not the first time where justice hasn’t been done for a woman who was murdered and is part of an overall problem with violence against women in this country.
Marcus Stanford isn’t a murderer but to allow him to walk free after such a short jail stint sends a seriously scary message ...

FYI
http://www.irrigator.com.au/story/4124578/we-want-justice/

Leeton pleads for longer sentence for Marcus Stanford
29 Aug 2016, 11:30 a.m

People are absolutely upset - they want the system changed...
Leeton community has petitioned the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to appeal against Stanford’s sentence on the grounds it is too lenient...

A protest march has been organised for Friday against Stanford’s sentence... “The feeling in the community is one of absolute disbelief, anger and horror at what we feel is a lack of justice and slap-on-the-wrist sentences that are handed down one after another...

FYI
http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4127072/fight-for-justice-hits-new-heights/?cs=148

Justice for Stephanie Scott petition crashes through 50,000 supporter barrier
29 Aug 2016, 4 p.m.

PRESSURE is mounting for an appeal over the “pathetic” sentence handed down to the twin brother of Stephanie Scott’s killer, with a petition attracting 50,000 signatures in just days... The decision ignited fury in the Riverina and across the nation, sparking a change.org petition calling on the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to appeal the verdict...
The petition crashed through the 50,000 supporter barrier on Monday afternoon and will be handed to Murray MP Adrian Piccoli at the end of a “Justice for Steph” march in Leeton on Friday...

I don't believe that is correct, Autism Spectrum can be mild, moderate or severe, many people live a normal life with a diagnosis, it doesn't mean they can't be charged with an offence. Many people have some aspects of ASD but to get a diagnosis you have to fit every criteria, not just 1 or 2. I don't think anyone can claim he is or isn't on the spectrum, just by reading about him in the media, however, his medical records would show it.

'He also claimed Vincent had been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.'

if Vincent had Autism Spectrum disorder, he wouldn't be required, or allowed , in law, to plead guilty to murder. It would be an unsafe verdict, and open the door to years of litigation , within and without the courts. So it's time to knock this ridiculous rumour off it's hind legs and move on. One could say that every single person in prison is on the Spectrum, and who could argue that? . ...

I could just as easily claim that everyone who follows the Western Bulldogs is on the Autism Spectrum DIsorder and have genuine substance to my claim.

'A detailed 17-page report obtained by Fairfax Media has outlined how Stanford abused alcohol, had a chronic cannabis addiction and smoked up to eight joints and several cones each day prior to his arrest.'

And Marcus says Vincent is peculiar. .. .. the irony.

I find myself coldly interested in his attempts to take his own life.. .... or more accurately, his attempts to make public his attempts to take his own life. ..crying on the shoulder of the court appointed psychiatrist, .. how original. ... a failure at this , as in so many other things.

Vile brothers. ..

I don't believe that is correct, Autism Spectrum can be mild, moderate or severe, many people live a normal life with a diagnosis, it doesn't mean they can't be charged with an offence. Many people have some aspects of ASD but to get a diagnosis you have to fit every criteria, not just 1 or 2. I don't think anyone can claim he is or isn't on the spectrum, just by reading about him in the media, however, his medical records would show it.

pleading guilty to murder, and having that plea accepted, yet at the same time, offering the mitigating factor of Autism Spectrum Disorder would be met with endless and unresolvable legal argument. The point is, that the plea of Guilty of Murder has been accepted by the court, and the correct conclusion of that is, the claim of Autism Spectrum Disorder has been rejected entirely in respect to this particular crime. I don't dispute the various levels , etc, but the discussion is centered on a particular person, in relation to a particular crime and I doubt if there is the bandwidth to explore all the variety and theories of every sufferer of ASD. I'm sticking to this person, and this crime in the matter of the claim of Autism Spectrum disorder, and happy to engage on that basis.

' I don't think anyone can claim he is or isn't on the spectrum, just by reading about him in the media, however, his medical records would show it.'

thankyou Karo....

I think that the absence of medical records is conclusive, as far as the court is concerned , that he isn't on the Spectrum. The committal hearing was postponed twice, and his bail and charge hearing was postponed once on the theory that medical records from Holland were being sought by his defence and these records after all this effort and time were not forthcoming, nor presented, nor , in fact, mentioned at his plea hearing. It is rational and reasonable to therefore conclude that there are no records of Vincent being treated, or diagnosed in Holland, as a child with this disorder.

Plus... of all people who would be au fait with the matter, it would be his mother. She would have been the adult signing the papers, presenting him to doctors, following up the treatment diagnosed, etc etc etc. She would know who the doctors were, where the diagnosis took place, where the ongoing treatment took place. I have no reports that she gave any of this information, assuming it exists , to the court in the matter of him pleading guilty to murder. It is fair to assume that if she had done so, this would have been reported in the media.

Hence, he has admitted guilt, and pleaded guilty which results in no trial, and the court has accepted this as the spoken word of a man able to distinguish the ramifications and consequences of that plea and is satisfied that it isn't within the realm of an unsafe conviction liable to be overturned down the track on the basis that Vincent was secretly nuts. and deliberately squirrelled away all his own medical records.

Marcus Stanford 'no longer welcome' in former hometown

"I didn’t actually realise this was his house until the guy I get my wood from told me it was the 'murder house', even though it didn’t happen here,” the tenant told the Adelaide Advertiser.

"I hope he doesn’t come back. I’m definitely going to keep my doors locked."

Another neighbour said Stanford no longer had any connections to Forreston.

"His house has gone, his job's gone, he doesn't have any family here. There's no reason for him to come back," the man told the Advertiser.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32505041/marcus-stanford-no-longer-welcome-in-former-hometown/#page1

This is utter disgusting bull*****!!!

NSW DPP will not appeal sentence handed down to Marcus Stanford

Premier Mike Baird had slammed the sentence and ordered a review.

"I have formed the view that there are no reasonable prospects of success on an appeal against the inadequacy of the sentence," the statement said.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2016/08/24/09/28/Stephanie-Scott-killer-twin-sentenced

this is very disappointing... maybe it isn't the end of the matter, because 60,000 signatures is a hell of a lot out in rural NSW.. it has significance and impact, and I wouldn't be surprised if the DPP was put in the position of taking another look. And quickly.

this is very disappointing... maybe it isn't the end of the matter, because 60,000 signatures is a hell of a lot out in rural NSW.. it has significance and impact, and I wouldn't be surprised if the DPP was put in the position of taking another look. And quickly.

The arrogance!

"I have formed the view that there are no reasonable prospects of success on an appeal against the inadequacy of the sentence," the statement said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back