Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy that's going to sue i know he has a reason they used his photos! But aren't you ment to use your real name on social media like Facebook as I know people who don't use real names but I also know of people who have been reported i don't know if it was Facebook or others reporting them its just a few years back alot of people using aliases had to change to real names, maby they will hav a defence that he wasn't using his real name and the photos are up for the world wide Web but yeah he didn't do the crime

The guy that's going to sue i know he has a reason they used his photos! But aren't you ment to use your real name on social media like Facebook as I know people who don't use real names but I also know of people who have been reported i don't know if it was Facebook or others reporting them its just a few years back alot of people using aliases had to change to real names, maby they will hav a defence that he wasn't using his real name and the photos are up for the world wide Web but yeah he didn't do the crime
I don’t use my real name on FB, it’s my 1st name and my spouse’s 1st name as my last name.

The ABC understands the man comes from a large family with links up and down the Mid West.

The man's father is in Karratha, and had not had much contact with him but was said to be shocked when he heard the news.

According to his first cousin, who the ABC has chosen not to name, Mr Kelly and his older brother were raised in Carnarvon by their grandmother, who died around three years ago.

The cousin said he saw Mr Kelly at the shops on October 19, and was surprised at how friendly he was.
"He was a very quiet person," he said. "He would usually stick to himself."
But he said his cousin greeted him at the shops and told him they "have to stick together now", which he thought was strange.

He said the situation had affected many of his family members, who may not have had anything to do with the man for many years.

.abc.net.au accused-abductor-had-fake-family-on-social-media
Abandoned by his parents for his grandmother to raise. No father or grandfather in his life, did he always have the interest in dolls and perhaps started his fantasy world while young?
It’s all a bit much to take in. Disturbing.
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
The effort it took to maintain all of those profiles and their interactions would have made it a full time job. I must admit, I was fooled at first, thinking I had the wrong guy because he had a family that commented on his page. Yikes.

If he was coming and going from the house I sure hope C was left alone to look after herself and he was just dropping off supplies.

I'm still baffled by the doll collection. Either it's a genuine obsession or he wanted to build an impressive doll collection to groom children.

I’m confused, can someone answer a question for me.
I’ve read his grandma died recently and he was struggling with the loss but then it’s posted a few pages back that she died 3 years ago.
Also I’ve seen it posted here that grandma left him her house, if that was her house why is it being called government housing?
In the US government housing is owned by the government and provides a place to live for low income families or they receive a voucher which pays the landlord of privately owned houses. In both cases the tenant is responsible for a percentage of the rent.

I’ve read his grandma died recently and he was struggling with the loss but then it’s posted a few pages back that she died 3 years ago.
Also I’ve seen it posted here that grandma left him her house, if that was her house why is it being called government housing?
In the US government housing is owned by the government and provides a place to live for low income families or they receive a voucher which pays the landlord of privately owned houses. In both cases the tenant is responsible for a percentage of the rent.
I also wondered how he was in the house if in fact it was previously the grandmothers as far as im aware in Australia government housing the lease is in one name only and generally when the person dies its not past down generation by generation

I have two questions for those that are local to this case:

1. Are there plea bargains in your legal system?
2. Are these types of cases/trials televised?

1. We have plea bargaining but many charges have mandatory minimum sentencing, so we aren't as flexible and prosecutors and judges don't have as much discretion as US folk.

2. Definitely not!

The amount of people expressing sympathy for this perp because his dolls are displayed so nice is blowing my mind. She was taken from her parents for 18 days with zero intention of letting her go!

She basically may have BEEN a doll. He collected her for his collection.

The crime for which he’s been charged with combined with the FB posts should be raising massive red flags.

I think it's sad to see a man talk about wanting a family and being a loner and emulating a family through fake profiles.

However, that doesn't mean that he should be allowed in society. Having empathy doesn't lessen the trauma that CS and her parents are enduring.

Our justice system has a focus on rehabilitation, and should never be retributive.

However, when people start excusing the crime because of the sadness they feel for this person - no. <modsnip: Comment on sentencing is a breach of sub judice>

The effort it took to maintain all of those profiles and their interactions would have made it a full time job. I must admit, I was fooled at first, thinking I had the wrong guy because he had a family that commented on his page. Yikes.

If he was coming and going from the house I sure hope C was left alone to look after herself and he was just dropping off supplies.

I'm still baffled by the doll collection. Either it's a genuine obsession or he wanted to build an impressive doll collection to groom children.
It would be hard to plead insanity with all the networks of internet profiles i know it sounds insane to hav it all but he had to be in control of his mind to be able to do this anyone would get lost in it, it sounds like he had a level of order and with the dolls it shows he is very organised

That was me that proposed the theory of grandma and the house. In some circumstances, renters of Govt housing can buy the house, on a special rate , it was originally meant to make home owners of renters..

It was/ is a Maggie Thatcher idea, where you sell off council housing, and you have a voter base of home owners with a changed outlook. Lots of countries adopted this regime until the consequences of it came home to roost... that is, no money coming in for more council housing. = homelessness.

WA, VIC and NSW do this, I don't know if QLD ever did, or the NT< or Tasmania. It very much depended on the state govt of the day.

It is still called Govt Housing because of the design, and it's location. On a Govt Housing estate, so to speak.

I hope I have cleared that up.

And we know she was distressed. We know a neighbor heard her crying.

I’m not sure that’s a fact. This was the neighbours interviewed the morning she was rescued. From memory the comment was more along the lines of “I heard crying the other day which could have been her”.

Agree with you - I think this is baloney. Also, they didn't mention it in their first interview, it came later, and it was highly speculative.

1. We have plea bargaining but many charges have mandatory minimum sentencing, so we aren't as flexible and prosecutors and judges don't have as much discretion as US folk.

2. Definitely not!

I think it's sad to see a man talk about wanting a family and being a loner and emulating a family through fake profiles.

However, that doesn't mean that he should be allowed in society. Having empathy doesn't lessen the trauma that CS and her parents are enduring.

Our justice system has a focus on rehabilitation, and should never be retributive.

However, when people start excusing the crime because of the sadness they feel for this person - no. <modsnip: Comment on sentencing is a breach of sub judice>

Im just thinking he has the option pleading guilty then that would be no trial?

Or the option pleading not guilty then a trial (he was caught red handed would be hard to plead not guilty) but what if he pleading not guilty due to mental illness would their be a trail?

Or would they not even get to a trial if because of mental illness he isn't fit

Basically im trying to understand will it even get to a trial if he has mental illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member