Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone compiled a list of confirmed missing people around the area yet?

Another local missing person post updated today.

POLICE SEARCH BUSH LAND IN BYRON FOR A WOMAN REPORTED MISSING IN JANUARY

Police are searching bush land and makeshift campsites along the Byron coastline today for a woman reported missing in January.

42 year Thea Liddle was last seen in Mooball, on the Tweed, in October last year, but was reported missing by her family to the Queensland Police in January.

Police say she lived a nomadic life but would always stay in contact with her family.

Detectives have established Strike Force Holby to investigate the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

At the time of her disappearance, Thea was staying at a property on Tweed Valley Way, at Mooball, with a man, then-aged 46.

She is known to frequent several Far North Coast locations, including Mooball, Nimbin and Byron Bay.

Police and her family hold grave concerns for her safety as there has been no activity from her bank accounts or mobile phone since early November 2019.

As part of their investigations, detectives searched a property at Mooball in May.

ABC North Coast

Bones found in search for missing woman

Skeletal remains are found in bushland near Byron Bay where backpacker Theo Hayez and nomadic woman Thea Liddle went missing.

Skeletal remains have been discovered by police in remote bush near Byron Bay
Police were searching for clues into disappearance of traveller Thea Liddle, 42.
Belgian backpacker Theo Hayez, 18, also went missing in the area in May 2019 .

Police are so far unable to determine if the bones belong to a man or a woman.

Skeletal remains found in Byron Bay search where Theo Hayez went missing | Daily Mail Online

Theo and Thea... what a coincidence. I hope one of the two families gets answers.

Skeletal remains are found in bushland near Byron Bay where backpacker Theo Hayez and nomadic woman Thea Liddle went missing.

Skeletal remains have been discovered by police in remote bush near Byron Bay
Police were searching for clues into disappearance of traveller Thea Liddle, 42.
Belgian backpacker Theo Hayez, 18, also went missing in the area in May 2019 .

Police are so far unable to determine if the bones belong to a man or a woman.

Skeletal remains found in Byron Bay search where Theo Hayez went missing | Daily Mail Online

I am very sure this area (pictured below, on Daily Mail) had been searched by volunteers last year. And unlikely to miss an entire skeleton.

30783630-8524521-image-a-43_1594797631267.jpg

almost convinced with the events going on up in this region there is a serial killer lurking about which is very very unsettling because we've had serial killers before go unnoticed and only discovered many years later

even our top forensic psychologists think so because to have these people go missing in these circumstances so close together, those odds are one in a million

i hope these bones can shed some light onto either case and possibly start unraveling if this is indeed random events or actually someone is lurking about and killing people in northern NSW

How did the police end up searching Cozy Corner when Thea was missing and last seen in Mooball?

Apparently she is known to be transient. Possibly the camps were thought to be an option for where she could have been staying?

But the Direct move from Mooball to Tallows is interesting as there are camps at Brunz and Belongil that dont seem to have been searched by police.
They must have had some information.

The remains found at Byron Bay are female

Northern Star newspaper, behind a paywall

CLUE UNCOVERED: Forensic work continues on skeletal remains
Northern Star
THE human remains found near Byron Bay have been confirmed as female, according to NSW Police. Earlier this month, police were conducting an ...

Northern Rivers news, weather, sport and local classifieds | Northern Star

Hey, I'm pretty sure I've never posted here- only on Toyah Cordingley and Nicole Cartwright threads - but I followed this thread for a few weeks months ago and have checked in today after seeing a news article about Thea Liddle.

I thought this link might be of interest and welcome information. Forgive me if it's "old news", I came across it during a recent (unrelated) Google search on 'The Tower' Tarot card.

What the police can get from mobile phone tower data

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenOfPain
Back