Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for the horses, I hope they find them a better home...
I know. Seeing the horse running towards her in a picture earlier, I was reminded how loyal animals are. I wanted to yell "run away, horsey!!" :(

How dare she grin for the cameras.

she looks a real piece of work.. . however.. come October 10th, it should be made plain just what she lied about to the police, and why. And exactly how she perverted the course of justice. ...

Might find out a lot more about old Julene.

Thorburn had to give up the thrilling trade of truck driver, due to a crippling back injury that made that job impossible for him.. .. perhaps he needed help to get Tia's body in the car, and help to get it out at the river..... maybe Julene can shed some light on that...

Hi all, this is my first post. I heard about this awful murder only about a week ago and I've gained a much better oversight of the case here than via the MSM.
As a Kiwi who's stayed on his own side of the ditch, I'm not familiar with how the Aussie police and agencies operate, but I'd have thought when Tia was found, the cops or an agency would have told the family: "In such cases families fall under suspicion, so you must shut down your daycare until we know this isn't potentially a threatening environment for other kids".

At least that way the 11-year-old wouldn't have been raped and the 4-year-old molested. Those girls could have wound up murder victims too.

:welcome:
Hi all, this is my first post. I heard about this awful murder only about a week ago and I've gained a much better oversight of the case here than via the MSM.
As a Kiwi who's stayed on his own side of the ditch, I'm not familiar with how the Aussie police and agencies operate, but I'd have thought when Tia was found, the cops or an agency would have told the family: "In such cases families fall under suspicion, so you must shut down your daycare until we know this isn't potentially a threatening environment for other kids".

At least that way the 11-year-old wouldn't have been raped and the 4-year-old molested. Those girls could have wound up murder victims too.

May be a coincidence - recently someone i know, a 24yo Victorian man appeared in court and pled guilty to child sex offences; he is/was a professional dancer, just like TT, and he had previously been living/studying/working in Sydney at a national dance company. I wonder if they have a connection... anyone know which dance company TT was with?

Hi Bill, welcome :) I agree, you'd think they would have been persons of interest right from the beginning... I'm shocked to think the police believed his statement about dropping her at school no questions asked. I suppose there was some conflicting reports from school friends so that muddied the waters. Very unfortunate :(

and another thing... among themselves,..Julene, Trent , Josh , Rick... they must be concerned about the 'anonymous ' phone call, and I would think the detectives would pokerfaced play it to the limit, while they fell out among each other, .. not forgetting that Rick cant talk to anyone and Trent would be particularly stupid if he didn't know his phone calls and visits were recorded.

And if it wasn't one of the family , I am mighty curious to know who it was... perhaps the cousin on facebook, who seemed rather casual about having a crime admitted to him via that platform.

and another thing... among themselves,..Julene, Trent , Josh , Rick... they must be concerned about the 'anonymous ' phone call, and I would think the detectives would pokerfaced play it to the limit, while they fell out among each other, .. not forgetting that Rick cant talk to anyone and Trent would be particularly stupid if he didn't know his phone calls and visits were recorded.

And if it wasn't one of the family , I am mighty curious to know who it was... perhaps the cousin on facebook, who seemed rather casual about having a crime admitted to him via that platform.
My immediate thoughts were that perhaps one of them was the anonymous phone call. Probably not, they'd want the reward if they were going down anyway I suppose. Just thinking out loud.

Excuse my ignorance regarding the area Tia was found, but are there crocs in the river? I'm wondering if Rick was hoping they'd remove every last trace of her?

Excuse my ignorance regarding the area Tia was found, but are there crocs in the river? I'm wondering if Rick was hoping they'd remove every last trace of her?

No crocs, but no doubt some bull sharks.

just reading over some old stories in light of the arrests...

Tiahleigh's "Facebook account had reportedly been deactivated on the day of her last confirmed sighting" I'm assuming this was on the Friday, after she had been killed. ... wonder which of the cretins deactivated her facebook - and why?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Facebook-page-parents-missing-children.html

Thanks Freya. If the police fell for his words hook, line and sinker it's a pity they didn't bother to check out this thread. Almost from the moment Tia was found, someone posted they didn't buy the stranger theory and they were convinced the killer was someone Tia knew. In light of the happenings of the last few days, some of the early comments here make interesting reading. Some very perceptive people have been following this.

No crocs there mate. Too cold. But warm enough to make decomposition quite rapid, not to mention the number of insects.

I doubt any of the family would have made that call, tbh. I had hoped someone among that lot might have cared about Tia and not known bad things were going on. But from what I've seen here in recent days, that looks a remote possibility. It appears there was no good in any of them. That Trent could post all these ridiculous selfies and wax eloquent about staying positive in life, when Tia had been butchered in the next room, or wherever, is sickening. She'd had a crush on him, you'd think that might have sparked a flicker of humanity in him, but clearly not ne scrap. The ultimate poster boy for selfishness. Ditto the rest of them, evidently.

The death of TP is a multi-perpetrator crime, it is most often present in a domestic violence situation. So we have RT the head of the family setting a scene for the others to react in an abusive situation. RT was displaying his masculine honour in his actions and the others were complicit in following his wishes.

Being mindful of how fiesty T was, by description, nobody with a bad back could have erased her. Unless they were no stranger to pills.

What do we know about Rick Thorburn?
-He was born in New Zealand---lived in North Palmerston?
-Came to Australia in 1981
-Was a long-haul truckie
-got a back injury, quit driving a big truck
-likes "income streams"
-came up with idea of daycare, fostering, taking in young international students for homestays using his 'friendly' dogs and horses as lures, and selling junky Yank food from a van
-allegedly a child rapist
-allegedly a murderer
-avoids taking responsibility for his actions
-did he google 'taking the fifth' in the days after Tiah's diappearance? We know some murderers like to double-check on their Miranda rights, and old Rick is such a wannabe American...
What else do we know?

Tiahleigh Palmer's foster parents stood up and accepted a dance trophy in honour of the murdered schoolgirl (pictured left in dance outfit)- just weeks after her death. Daily Mail Australia can reveal sympathetic members of the audience broke down in tears as foster mother Julene Thorburn (bottom right) and foster father Rick (top right) received the award. 'I cried for them because I felt sorry for them,' said one mother, who applauded with the rest of the crowd. The emotionally-charged moment, confirmed by multiple sources, took place at an annual dance concert about a fortnight after Ms Palmer's funeral last November.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/auhome/index.html

seriously... these Thorburns are as tough as titanium....nothing fazes them!... they really threw themselves into playing the parts of the mourning parents!!.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove