Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 ways your matter can be sent to a higher court.

Full hand up committal without cross-examination
No witnesses give evidence.
The prosecutor gives (hands up) evidence to the magistrate.
Evidence includes written statements, videos, audio tapes, fingerprint reports and any other evidence which police have to prove their case.
Your matter is committed to the higher court for trial or sentence depending on whether you plead guilty or not guilty.
You can choose to plead guilty, plead not guilty, or enter no plea at this stage

Tia case to be heard
06/04/2017
from the Courier Mail

In the Beenleigh Magistrates Court yesterday, Trent Thorburn’s Legal Aid lawyer said she had been instructed to list the case for a “full hand up” in the coming weeks. That would mean no evidence would be tested before the matter was committed for trial

I missed this but heard the date for court is 24th of this month. Do you have the CM link? I cannot find it cheers xo

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...land-campaign-more-carers-recruitment/8460950

The number of Queenslanders inquiring to become foster carers hit a record last month, with the State Government launching a recruitment drive to turn the curious into the committed.

The Opposition estimates 1,300 carers left in the past two years, struggling under the stretched system and financial pressure.

The State Government has today announced a $2.5-million recruitment campaign, ahead Foster and Kinship Carers week.

The advertising campaign combines with other moves to increase financial support, cut red tape and offer respite.

( I found this report to be somewhat worrisome, in the light of Tiah's experience and outcome..... there doesn't seem to be any extra investigation funds to look in to the suitability of applicants..... )

Foster brother of Tialeigh Palmer asks to speed up trial

6 hrs ago Read more: Daily Mail

Foster brother of murdered Tialeigh Palmer, 12, asks to skip incest court hearing - as he seeks to move his case to the district court The foster brother of slain Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer has sought to move the case against him forward without going to a committal hearing. Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Monday heard Trent Thorburn, 19, who is facing charges of incest, perjury and perverting the course of justice, has applied for a registry committal, which would allow the case against him to shift to the district court without a full committal hearing.

The biological mother of Tiahleigh Palmer has exclusively revealed what’s driving her pursuit for justice, as the case comes before court again.

Ms Palmer was at Beenleigh Magistrates Court today to hear lawyers for Tiahleigh’s foster father, Rick Thorburn, tell the court his mental state must be assessed by a psychiatrist.

Court proceedings are now delayed.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...g-her-pursuit-for-justice#ruI0fC929tkwpx56.99

Thorburn finds a psych that agrees he is not of sound mind due to parental influences way back in the day, the State of QLD finds a psych that discovers he is merely a child-murdering paedophile, and nothing more, and the jury takes it all on board and decides just who is pretending to be crazy and who is not. .. it is the fate of so many jurors, and good luck to them.

Off topic, but I can't work out how to start a thread and can't find one for Cassie Sainsbury - the Aussie girl in Colombia who was caught with 5.8kgs of coke. I'm posting here because it was the most recently active thread in my subscribed threads.

Thorburn finds a psych that agrees he is not of sound mind due to parental influences way back in the day, the State of QLD finds a psych that discovers he is merely a child-murdering paedophile, and nothing more, and the jury takes it all on board and decides just who is pretending to be crazy and who is not. .. it is the fate of so many jurors, and good luck to them.

Murderous Rick is far worse than the likes of Dennis Ferguson IMO.

Dennis Ferguson was the lowest of lows but he did not murder and got 14 years for kidnapped and sexually abusing three children.

LIFE for the murdering mongrel imo.

I'm no Rhodes Scholar but I can tell you a pedophile is not normal and (allegedly) unable to be ever normal.
Obviously Ol' Rick knew tampering with children in his care was wrong, according to the rules, but he still did it and murdered to cover his tracks.

Going back to Rick's OD in custody ... we mused then that he was 'helped' by someone who was well connected, although he may have swallowed a bunch of meds at home before they took him in.
Musings in the night:
a) did the OD give him permanent psychiatric damage?
b) is he playing the psychiatric card so he doesn't go into the general prison population and get punished by inmates because of possible 'connections'

I can't remember (c), but it was pretty clear to me at 2am. I know I was thinking about mad vs. bad. Remember he said he had killed someone and 'had gotten away with it'? He must be regretting that now... a far safer position for him to beg off as mad than continue with the shambles he has made up to this point!

MOO

If my musings make no sense, please tell me.

Happening all too often, poss; being mad. It just got the Thaiday woman off for murdering her 8 children in North Qld. Unforgivable, both her and our judiciary.

Going back to Rick's OD in custody ... we mused then that he was 'helped' by someone who was well connected, although he may have swallowed a bunch of meds at home before they took him in.
Musings in the night:
a) did the OD give him permanent psychiatric damage?
b) is he playing the psychiatric card so he doesn't go into the general prison population and get punished by inmates because of possible 'connections'

I can't remember (c), but it was pretty clear to me at 2am. I know I was thinking about mad vs. bad. Remember he said he had killed someone and 'had gotten away with it'? He must be regretting that now... a far safer position for him to beg off as mad than continue with the shambles he has made up to this point!

MOO

If my musings make no sense, please tell me.

Rick has also been moved to Gatton . Its a prison for transitional prisoners due for parole. I find this a bit odd. Wonder if he was being beaten up at Wacol R and R

Off topic, but I can't work out how to start a thread and can't find one for Cassie Sainsbury - the Aussie girl in Colombia who was caught with 5.8kgs of coke. I'm posting here because it was the most recently active thread in my subscribed threads.
If there is a thread, can you please let me know

If there is a thread, can you please let me know

me three please - very keen to hear thoughts about & discuss the cassie sainsbury case.

There isn't a thread. I'll send a PM to a mod and request a thread for Cassie Sainsbury to be opened.

As no thread has been started yet for Cassie, I have pm'd Makara about starting a thread for her...
Her case is becoming more interesting by the day...

Also, Schapelle Corby is being released from Bali this Saturday...

One is being released and the other is awaiting her sentence...

As no thread has been started yet for Cassie, I have pm'd Makara about starting a thread for her...
Her case is becoming more interesting by the day...

Also, Schapelle Corby is being released from Bali this Saturday...

One is being released and the other is awaiting her sentence...

Anyone can create a thread, I just thought I'd ask a mod, but to no avail it seems, they're probably pretty busy. I'll go ahead and create one in 'crimes in the news'.

Anyone can create a thread, I just thought I'd ask a mod, but to no avail it seems, they're probably pretty busy. I'll go ahead and create one in 'crimes in the news'.

Thankyou for that PrimeSuspect...There has been huge media coverage about her case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme