Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or was tied tight high up the tree with no slack in the lead?

I wondered what had occurred for the dog to be tied up. It has played on my mind to the point of dreaming about it, I had this vivid dream that the perp approached her from behind, called out to her, and as many women have experienced... this feeling in the pit of your stomach that the person is dangerous and you need to get to safety, she kept walking briskly debating whether to turn back to her car or keep going up the beach and hopefully bump into someone else. He approached her from behind on the right hand side, she fought tried to get away and he hit over the head on her right hand side with something, the dog was tied up at this point as she was in and out of consciousness and then the rest of the attack took place.

Perhaps this is a sign I need to have a few days away from websleuths! epp.

Some photos just buckle you don't they. Those from Toyah's service do that.

I have no doubt there were plain clothes police in attendance.

Just where is this family that was picnicking at the beach? They need to be found because this is a homicide investigation.
The only thing that can be done for Toyah now is get her justice. That family could have vital information. Or more.

Same article - different headline

Freaking bloody bastards!!

Someone might have asked for a cigarette or money, Toyah had her keys, if there were 2, one held her and the other went to her car and got her wallet and then....or the dog was held as surety that she came back with money. Maybe.

Whoever has done this is rotten to the core. It’s such an innocent and free lifestyle in the tropics. The words that have described her injuries and death have been stomach churning.

Peace and love to Toy’s loved ones.
We all want this evil caught.

I wondered what had occurred for the dog to be tied up. It has played on my mind to the point of dreaming about it, I had this vivid dream that the perp approached her from behind, called out to her, and as many women have experienced... this feeling in the pit of your stomach that the person is dangerous and you need to get to safety, she kept walking briskly debating whether to turn back to her car or keep going up the beach and hopefully bump into someone else. He approached her from behind on the right hand side, she fought tried to get away and he hit over the head on her right hand side with something, the dog was tied up at this point as she was in and out of consciousness and then the rest of the attack took place.

Perhaps this is a sign I need to have a few days away from websleuths! epp.
A couple of theories as to why the dog was tied up. Perhaps the dog went to someone in friendly style, the person took control of the dog and tethered it in a more secluded area so as to lure Toyah there by its barking. Or perhaps the dog knew the attacker and had to be tied up to prevent it following him. If there were people in the carpark it might attract attention if someone left behind a dog that appeared to be accompanying him.

And yet another murdered woman :-( :
DETECTIVES have swooped on a Fraser Coast motel after a woman was murdered early this morning.

Police are appealing for information after a woman was found dead outside a Ferry Street, Maryborough motel just after 5am.
<modsnipped copyright infringement>

Category: | The Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
THE murder of Toyah Cordingley on Wangetti Beach, north of Cairns, on October 21 has an amazing parallel with the 1985 murder of script writer Miranda Downes at nearby Ellis Beach.

Twenty-four-year-old Toyah Cordingly’s body was found in sand dunes behind the beach 40km north of Cairns by her father on the morning of October 22 this year. Police said she had suffered “visible, violent injuries”.

No Cookies | Townsville Bulletin

Photo of Toyah at the beach she was found, i think its the same dog (Jersey)

e6dnao.jpg

157et1k.jpg

On August 4, 1985, emerging Sydney TV scriptwriter Miranda Downes, 35, set off for an afternoon jog along Buchan Point Beach, 25km north of Cairns.

Approaching her in a yellow Ford Bronco four-wheel-drive was invalid pensioner Ernest Arthur Knibb.

There was little Miranda could do to save herself. Knibb ploughed into her. But he wasn’t done there.

The crime had a sexual motive, police believed, and Miranda’s clothes were found torn from her body.

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I find this quite interesting:

MIRANDA Downes, or Mandy to her friends and family, had the world at her feet.
She was young, beautiful, talented and a successful Sydney screenwriter who had written two Australian miniseries.

But almost 28 years to the day, her battered, naked body was found at the water's edge on the beach at Buchan Point in north Queensland.

The 35-year-old had arrived the day before on August 3, 1985, to holiday with long-time English friends.

At about 6pm, Miranda - a fitness enthusiast - decided to go for a run on the beach, promising to be back soon.

Category: | The Courier Mail

No they aren't, but Indie seems to have a strap around her muzzle in pics of her on the beach. Wonder if this is because she's such a large dog, I don't know the rules in Qld for dangerous dogs.
To me that looks a bit like a halti-type lead; instead of a collar around their necks, the halti goes over their snout so it is easier to handle the dog. I used one for one of my dogs years ago as she forever pulled on the lead when she had a neck collar on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme