Australia- Two sisters in their 20s found dead inside Sydney unit had been there lengthy time, Suspicious deaths, June 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, you'd be surprised at how long the festering of perceived dishonour can motivate someone to murder. In the killer's eyes, every time they'd go to the village. gurdwara or the mosque they would be viewed as incapable of controlling their wives or their female children. It's tantamount to walking around with a big red A emblazoned on your clothing, just to let people know that you have dishonourable children or wives and you've done nothing about it.

So it's very understandable that sometimes retribution can takes years to be fulfilled. Like the saying goes, "Revenge is a dish best served cold." It means after five years someone who may have the same opinion as you would dismiss the possibility of revenge after such a long period of time. At least that's what they're hoping.

Here's some samples of honour killings that have either taken place in Canada where I live or used 'ambassadors' to travel to another country to restore their honour.

Before we westerners get too smug regarding the horrifying outdated practice of honour killings due to cultural and religious beliefs, how do we describe all those women who have died in western countries at the hands of their significant others? Hundreds if not thousands of women over the years have been killed by jealous husbands/boyfriends after they ended a relationship or were 'unfaithful'. Not only that, some of those significant others who feel their manhood has been put into question, make no bones about not only killing their spouse/girlfriend they kill all their children, too and perhaps when they show up at the victim's workplace they kill her workmates, too.

Western society will charge and convict someone guilty of those crimes. However, I believe the current trend of religious beliefs interfering with political platforms that promote a more 'traditional' view of a woman's place as a wife and mother is taking us on a dangerous path. IMO
I respect your opinion :)

I guess time will tell, or not?

There are no new updates.

But then, toxicology results take long.

I respect your opinion :)

I guess time will tell, or not?

There are no new updates.

But then, toxicology results take long.

Yep, time will tell, or not. They were probably dead for quite a while which is why they were going to get turfed by the landlord. I'm sure he had no idea they'd both been dead for a while which is why they didn't pay rent. Depending on the level of decomp the autopsy results COD may end up being undetermined. I can't imagine living with that kind of fear for years. Paranoia feeds paranoia and fear and anxiety can be the catalyst. It's got to affect your mental health and create psychosis. I think it's unlikely they were murdered. But I've been wrong before.

The two women found dead in an apartment in a suburb of Sydney had fled Saudi Arabia as teenagers in 2017, according to reports

Two sisters found dead in an apartment in Sydney, Australia earlier this month had fled Saudi Arabia, Daily Mail Australia reportedSaturday.

The two had fled Saudi Arabia as teenagers in 2017, Daily Mail Australia reported. They led quiet lives in Sydney's Canterbury suburb, and had friendly interactions with locals, according to the report.

To formally identify the bodies, police are trying to reach family in Saudi Arabia, but said it is proving difficult as they do not appear to be in regular contact with relatives.

There had been concerns about their welfare, with the women described as being "timid" and "standoffish" during a check by police months before their deaths, a source told the news outlet.

Their BMW coupe had been keyed a few months before the welfare checks, and the older sister had taken out a restraining against a 28-year-old man in 2019 - although this was later withdrawn and dismissed.

It is not clear why the women left Saudi Arabia, and authorities in Australia would not confirm to Daily Mail Australia if the women were seeking asylum.

In 2019, a report by the investigative journalism television show 'Four Corners' found that around 80 Saudi women had tried to seek asylum in Australia in recent years.

Many were fleeing Saudi Arabia's oppressive male guardianship laws, which allow their husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles and sons to effectively control their lives.

While other countries in the Middle East have elements of the male guardianship system, Saudi Arabia's laws are by far the most draconian in reach and application, according to Human Rights Watch.

Australia is one of a handful of countries that doesn't require a visit to an embassy or consulate to apply for a visa - one less obstacle for Saudi women seeking to escape their homes in the kingdom.

However, an investigation by Australian journalists in 2019 found that Australian authorities were blocking Saudi women suspected of wanting to seek asylum from entering the

The newspaper revealed that the older sister had taken an apprehended violence order (AVO) against a 28-year-old man in January 2019, while the AVO was later withdrawn and dismissed.

In another court matter, the owner of their Canterbury unit filed a civil case against the 23-year-old on May 13 this year.

Landlords can issue tenants with legal warning notices via the civil court for overdue rent before taking further action to have them removed from the property.

That action was taken four weeks after sheriff’s officers went to the apartment to serve the women with an eviction notice – alongside police – and the grisly discovery was made.
Repeat review:

This is heartbreaking that they were only found b/c of unpaid rent.

Isolated and with no apparent helpful companions in a foreign land.
RIP
It is a telling point - meaning they had no close friends, no regular work, no commitments with any one or any organisation at all. And that was after 5 years in the country.

The other thing I wonder is their BMW. Did they take quite a bit of cash coming into Australia? Was it their own savings, or their family's? Money would have complicated matters too.

MOO

I meant murder for religious reason.
It never happens where I live.
It feels abstract to me.
Incomprehensible.
Besides, if it really concerns family, I think the sisters committed suicide, fearing going back.
I doubt family killed them.
And that is my opinion.
Oh,, I don't think they ever had any plans to go back!!

Yes, in mainly Christian, European, American countries etc honour killings are unheard of. It's not a Western thing.

But they are hugely prevalent in the Middle East, India, Pakistan etc. and also among their ex-pat communities of such people in the UK, France, Canada, the USA etc.

The other thing I wonder is their BMW. Did they take quite a bit of cash coming into Australia? Was it their own savings, or their family's? Money would have complicated matters too.

MOO
I guess they came from a wealthy family - were well educated, knew foreign languages, had means to escape and pay rents for 5 years without working.

But then, SA people are generally rich, no?
MOO

I guess they came from a wealthy family - were well educated, knew foreign languages, had means to escape and pay rents for 5 years without working.

But then, SA people are generally rich, no?
MOO
We can (can't IIRC as per TOS) only assume as there aren't many facts. We don't even have names for them!

While Saudi Arabia is a wealthy country which produces billions in oil, I think quite a number of it's citizens live in poverty? They had the means to escape to Australia and managed to acquire a BMW so I'm guessing they were doing alright financially.

Strange that they both were found deceased in separate rooms. Wonder if it will be the same COD for both.

We can (can't IIRC as per TOS) only assume as there aren't many facts. We don't even have names for them!

While Saudi Arabia is a wealthy country which produces billions in oil, I think quite a number of it's citizens live in poverty? They had the means to escape to Australia and managed to acquire a BMW so I'm guessing they were doing alright financially.

Strange that they both were found deceased in separate rooms. Wonder if it will be the same COD for both.
In one of the reports it was written that they contacted their family sporadically.

So, there was a contact with somebody from the family - maybe they got financial help this way?

But, if so, why the authorities claim they cannot get in touch with them?
And what about the sisters' funeral?
Where will they be buried?

The bodies of two sisters found inside a unit in Sydney’s southwest last month have been identified by police, as a renewed appeal for information is launched.
The women have been identified as sisters, 24-year-old Asra Abdullah Alsehli and 23-year-old Amaal Abdullah Alsehli.

The bodies of two sisters found inside a unit in Sydney’s southwest last month have been identified by police, as a renewed appeal for information is launched.
The women have been identified as sisters, 24-year-old Asra Abdullah Alsehli and 23-year-old Amaal Abdullah Alsehli.

I am so glad they have been identified. There's obviously still a lot to play out here, and lots of speculation about motive/murder/cause of death, but that's hardly unique in a place like this where those sorts of outcomes are far more interesting than some sort of misadventure (carbon monoxide poisoning etc).

1658892697948.jpeg

A post-mortem examination has been conducted but police are yet to receive the coroner's report or toxicology results.
"The bodies were there for some time, so that is problematic," Detective Inspector Claudia Allcroft said.
She said the pair mostly kept to themselves.

Police say they have not yet ruled out homicide or suicide as investigations continue.
In a renewed effort for clues, police have released a picture of the pair and asked for any information on the women.

This is just so sad, isn't it? Two young women (just girls back than) have the courage and the wits to flee their oppressive country, seek a new life on the other side of the world, and try to create a new free life in Australia. And for what? They weren't happy, and they still weren't free. They probably would have been no worse off if they had stayed in SA.

"She added that the manager of their apartment building contacted police in mid-March.
'I believe there was food that had been left out in the common areas, and he contacted police as he was concerned for their welfare,' she said."

Take away food deliveries might mean food poisoning.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back