Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow this guy could be GBC's twin. Lawyering up, not talking to cops, super stud ( in his own mind).

Is it just me, or is this incredibly juvenile behaviour for a 28-year-old adult male??!!

His other incidents involving the police include when he was charged with police assault, obstruct police and public nuisance offences after an alleged incident on January 27 in Surfers Paradise.

He was then reportedly in a high-speed police chase on July 27 after this year's Splendour in the Grass music festival.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ided-version-events-police.html#ixzz3A8ysAjHL

Sounds like his development was arrested somewhere in adolescence..........

And his desperate need for approval from the muscle-guys on the bodybuilding site is just painful to read. They repeatedly diss him and still he comes back for more.

Adolescent with a father complex........(and serious mother issues, obviously)

Police allege Mr Tostee was spotted driving a grey vehicle with no numberplates and reaching speeds of 200km/hour on the Pacific Motorway south of the border.

Police deployed road spikes on the northbound lanes of the M1 just prior to the Tugun Tunnel, but it is alleged Mr Tostee continued to drive on the rims at about 140km/hour.

He was finally stopped about 15km up the M1 at Currumbin.

Mr Tostee will appear in Southport Magistrates Court on August 27 on assault police, obstruct police and public nuisance charges from January.

His appearance will also include a mention for the drink driving and breach of bail condition charges he received on July 27.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...anger-to-the-law/story-fnj90t7b-1227020994419

Not the smartest tool in the shed. :facepalm:

why no number plates on the car?

I wonder if he's ever been in treatment? As in, rehab? Or for mental health issues?

Or if he's just been cruising through.......sounds like he's never really been held accountable for his actions before.

"continued to drive on the rims"... until the coke wore off, too? :x

Because seriously. That's the behaviour of somebody who never developed mentally past the age of 14 -- or is high a kite.

Good looking and cocky like all the guys on the Gold Coast': One woman's Tinder date with Gable Tostee drinking Jagerbombs until 2am… but she didn't go to his apartment because she's afraid of heights

He did invite me to go down but I'm not going to put myself on the 14th floor with someone I don't know. And I have a massive fear of heights. I would never do it by myself,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

Instead, Deb invited Tostee to her fifth-floor apartment for a wine night with her friends and he showed up with Jaegerbombs.

They stayed up drinking until 2am on a Thursday night and she said he seemed 'absolutely normal'.

'We drank with my friends we chatted for a while,' she said.

The 28-year-old told her he was a builder, that he had wealthy parents and that he was named after Clark Gable from Gone With The Wind.

'I wasn't threatened or worried, it's Tinder you don't know them from a bar of soap,' she added.

However, Deb said she ensured she didn't put herself at risk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rtment-shes-afraid-heights.html#ixzz3A9FjFxrL

Despite handing himself in to police the day after Ms Wright's death and being released without charge, police say Mr Tostee is still focus of the investigation.

Regional Crime Co-ordinator Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said police are pursuing a number of leads.

“We have had a positive response through Crime Stoppers from a number of people who we have obtained statements from, including a number of women,” he told the Gold Coast Bulletin.

Tostee's online proclamation of innocence came as security footage of the fall was seized by the police investigation, which involved 20 detectives and Queensland's homicide squad, to reportedly find out where Mr Tostee was when Ms Wright fell.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/24681199/tinder-tragedy-kills-new-zealand-woman/

I honestly think this guy is more than capable of behaving decently, when it suits him - he seems to have a lot of defenders, and girls speaking up who have had positive experiences, he's for sure not a Dahmer-level monster or anything. But on the other hand, reports from girls he's got alone, on his own territory seem to be a different story, as well as a few others the papers are avoiding 'for legal reasons'. Bit of a jekyll and Hyde, I reckon. Or it's a substance issue. I wonder if he takes steroids, being in the body building thing.

I have no doubt that QPS will know what happened ( probably already), if her date was in the apartment, if there was anyone else with the two in the apartment on that morning and if anyone was with / near her on the balcony when she fell. These would be the primary confirmations for them. Then to what probably happened?

It may be a reasonable conclusion that she fell, a misadventure, and noone else was on the balcony at the time. Date returns from bathroom or wherever and thinks " oh she's gone, (a bag or something of hers left there) and then leaves the building by the front door and into surfers to search for her?

1. Would he take her belongings?
2. Would he return to his unit after looking in clubs that to discover a scene, ask what's going on?

There is something amiss here as he is unaccounted for until 11.00 am, and without returning to his apartment, if blissfully unaware of his dates plummet from the balcony, how did he know to hand himself in? If he had of turned up at 5.00 am after clubs close, still with her handbag having been looking for her, he might be able to say, we drank a lot, there was an argument, I went to the bathroom, I thought she just left. (A particularly hard story to sell, if the in apartment cameras he has installed have had the data cleaned off them)

A typical in apartment camera link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVT9OJ_JbY

All in all, for the stupidity that goes on in tinsel town, surprisingly few people fall from balconies drunk, some do (usually while climbing across rooms) and some falls will always remain suspicious. Let's hope for this girls family that the QPS get a result if it's warranted.

They usually do.....

I have no doubt that QPS will know what happened ( probably already), if her date was in the apartment, if there was anyone else with the two in the apartment on that morning and if anyone was with / near her on the balcony when she fell. These would be the primary confirmations for them. Then to what probably happened?

It may be a reasonable conclusion that she fell, a misadventure, and noone else was on the balcony at the time. Date returns from bathroom or wherever and thinks " oh she's gone, (a bag or something of hers left there) and then leaves the building by the front door and into surfers to search for her?

2. Would he return to his unit after looking in clubs that to discover a scene, ask what's going on?

There is something amiss here as he is unaccounted for until 11.00 am, and without returning to his apartment, if blissfully unaware of his dates plummet from the balcony, how did he know to hand himself in? If he had of turned up at 5.00 am after clubs close, still with her handbag having been looking for her, he might be able to say, we drank a lot, there was an argument, I went to the bathroom, I thought she just left. (A particularly hard story to sell, if the in apartment cameras he has installed have had the data cleaned off them)

All in all, for the stupidity that goes on in tinsel town, surprisingly few people fall from balconies drunk, some do (usually while climbing across rooms) and some falls will always remain suspicious. Let's hope for this girls family that the QPS get a result if it's warranted.

They usually do.....

bbm. The thing that keeps sticking with me is the three screams that the people surrounding that apartment heard - after they'd heard loud arguing. That says to me that she wasn't alone at all. Some serious conflict was going down imo.

Ridge Forrester perhaps??! :floorlaugh:

095259-5e87f440-211f-11e4-bee2-80d82dcd29df.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-for-casual-sex/story-fnihsrf2-1227021095768

Trying hard to be Ridge Forrester. How bizarre!

1201227.jpg

bbm. The thing that keeps sticking with me is the three screams that the people surrounding that apartment heard - after they'd heard loud arguing. That says to me that she wasn't alone at all. Some serious conflict was going down imo.

Arguing... and IMO she *must* have screamed before she fell - according to that witness, there was scream/pause/scream/pause...x3 - no way did that happen in under 3.5 seconds (which is how long it would take for a person of 100kgs to fall 14 floors, though I doubt she weighed that much).

You know, after reading more of his posts on the bodybuilding forum it seems like he really needed some help some time ago. And it confirms my impression of his incredible emotional immaturity

I SO wish he'd had some assistance in his teenage years, when he obviously needed it so much.

Then maybe his life would be WAY more fulfilling and beautiful Warriena would still be alive.

There would have been 'warning signs' galore with this guy I'll bet. There's STILL warning signs, judging by his high-risk behaviours. That's an ongoing cry for help/seeking attention. If only his spiralling out of control hadn't been ignored.......

I found a calculator that measures time of fall according to metres/weight.. 2.93 seconds if Warriena weighed 65-70kg and fell 42m (roughly 140ft, average 10ft per storey on modern buildings x14 ) - just for a more accurate calculation there.

I found a calculator that measures time of fall according to metres/weight.. 2.93 seconds if Warriena weighed 65-70kg and fell 42m (roughly 140ft, average 10ft per storey on modern buildings x14 ) - just for a more accurate calculation there.

Thank god it was quick.

You know, after reading more of his posts on the bodybuilding forum it seems like he really needed some help some time ago. And it confirms my impression of his incredible emotional immaturity.

I SO wish he'd had some assistance in his teenage years, when he obviously needed it so much.

Then maybe his life would be WAY more fulfilling and beautiful Warriena would still be alive.

There would have been 'warning signs' galore with this guy I'll bet. There's STILL warning signs, judging by his high-risk behaviours. That's an ongoing cry for help/seeking attention. If only his spiralling out of control hadn't been ignored.......

Yes I was reading too. I could feel how lonely he was, as a consequence of his attitude to life.

They usually do.....

I am certain QPS know what happened.

It seems unlikely Warriena was alone in the apartment (though perhaps that's what GT would hope to argue - that he had left her there, he went out and somehow she managed to fall off the balcony. I'm guessing he made a quick exit via the fire stairs after it happened). There are reports of loud arguing, then 3 screams - at least 1 and probably 2 had to have occurred before she fell. CCTV should capture him somewhere and establish when he left the building. It's also unlikely that she fell simply by leaning over - the balcony rails are quite high (I read where someone who knew the building said even a very tall person could not fall by leaning over). Someone else had to be involved in some way OR for some reason she was trying to climb off the balcony (this seems highly unlikely to me).

I wonder if the security camera in his unit was on that night, and if so whether the police have it? Or was he able to somehow disable it after the event? (I really have no idea how these things work)

It will be very interesting to know if Warriena's belongings were there when the police arrived in his unit, or whether he removed them.

The QPS media conference, which was due to be held yesterday, still doesn't seem to have been re-scheduled. I'm guessing they have been inundated with information from the public.

I am certain QPS know what happened.

It seems unlikely Warriena was alone in the apartment (though perhaps that's what GT would hope to argue - that he had left her there, he went out and somehow she managed to fall off the balcony. I'm guessing he made a quick exit via the fire stairs after it happened). There are reports of loud arguing, then 3 screams - at least 1 and probably 2 had to have occurred before she fell. CCTV should capture him somewhere and establish when he left the building. It's also unlikely that she fell simply by leaning over - the balcony rails are quite high (I read where someone who knew the building said even a very tall person could not fall by leaning over). Someone else had to be involved in some way OR for some reason she was trying to climb off the balcony (this seems highly unlikely to me).

I wonder if the security camera in his unit was on that night, and if so whether the police have it? Or was he able to somehow disable it after the event? (I really have no idea how these things work)

It will be very interesting to know if Warriena's belongings were there when the police arrived in his unit, or whether he removed them.

The QPS media conference, which was due to be held yesterday, still doesn't seem to have been re-scheduled. I'm guessing they have been inundated with information from the public.
Likewise I believe he was there when she died, I don't believe you would leave a virtual stranger alone in your house, and there certainly have been no reports of anyone else there. Seriously if you are innocent, why would you do a runner. IF he was not there, he would have no reason not to cooperate with police.

So there was just a brief segment about Gable Tostee on A Current Affair on Ch 9.

Apparently an A Current Affair producer was approached by Gable Tostee about 10 months ago on Tinder .. Stephanie Angus, I think they said. Her 1st message from him … roses are red, violets are blue, I’ve got a gun, now get in my van.

Stephanie was alarmed and stopped communicating with him, then was surprised to find out her best friend had also heard from him.

Both were shocked and worried when they heard about his involvement with Warriena.

Brief video at this link .. but there was a bit more to the segment, it may be up on their site later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1111845/Woman-speaks-brush-Gable-Tostee-Tinder.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm