Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere a few days ago that GT describes himself online as 'between 180 and 190 cms'

If he's 185cms and Warriena was as described 'tiny', and as he's apparently stated online that he picked up another 'tiny' girl on his balcony (who subsequently 'freaked') it leads me to suspect that 'tiny' women are preferred for feelings of power and control out on that balcony -- picking up women and sitting them on the rail, or holding them up and letting them know how easy it would be for them to fall

Add to that substance abuse and limited dexterity -- a woman screaming and struggling to get free -- and it's no great leap of imagination to suspect a slip, a stumble, and a woman plunged to her death, imo

Not for a split second do I even entertain any suggestion that she threw herself over

She was so beautiful. I wonder what they were arguing about.

She was so beautiful. I wonder what they were arguing about.

Purely speculation on my part, but I suspect she wanted to leave and was unable to do so. Maybe her dignity had been offended by suggestions or insults made to her. It's very difficult for physically small women in such situations. They're at a definite disadvantage and it's silly to suggest otherwise. So, if a physically small women is trapped inside with a much larger and stronger male adversary, she's got problems, right there. If she's manhandled, picked-up or otherwise restrained, what can she do apart from verbally (unless she has a weapon, which our laws are keen to prohibit)?

A bad situation is obviously exacerbated if either or both parties is under the influence of drink or drugs. And if a door is locked or barred, the only other exit is over a balcony, like poor Lisa Harnum

Not saying Warriena was deliberately tossed over the balcony rail, but if she had been picked up and walked out onto the balcony to render her compliant through fear, and if the offender lost his balance (because of drink or just because) then a tragedy unfolded and no fixing it

All just my opinion/theories/speculation based on what's been reported in mainstream and social media of course

Purely speculation on my part, but I suspect she wanted to leave and was unable to do so. Maybe her dignity had been offended by suggestions or insults made to her. It's very difficult for physically small women in such situations. They're at a definite disadvantage and it's silly to suggest otherwise. So, if a physically small women is trapped inside with a much larger and stronger male adversary, she's got problems, right there. If she's manhandled, picked-up or otherwise restrained, what can she do apart from verbally (unless she has a weapon, which our laws are keen to prohibit)?

A bad situation is obviously exacerbated if either or both parties is under the influence of drink or drugs. And if a door is locked or barred, the only other exit is over a balcony, like poor Lisa Harnum

Not saying Warriena was deliberately tossed over the balcony rail, but if she had been picked up and walked out onto the balcony to render her compliant through fear, and if the offender lost his balance (because of drink or just because) then a tragedy unfolded and no fixing it

All just my opinion/theories/speculation based on what's been reported in mainstream and social media of course

bbm. And we know from MSM and social media that he does indeed have a history of physically picking up these small women - as well as repeatedly forcing their hands onto his crotch and his hand onto theirs, even after they've said they don't like it.:facepalm:

A very valid scenario you put forward imo :seeya:

We've all seen videos (usually on Youtube, involving weddings, lakes, swimming pools and the like -- 'funny videos') of men overestimating their physical prowess by picking up women to enjoy their terror and screams. It must be very empowering for a certain type. They do the same to children, often, as shown in the same sort of videos. And they are situations prone to going badly wrong, quite often. How often have we watched wedding videos online where the inebriated groom slips or simply drops the bride? We've seen videos online of (usually) men dropping their children. When it happens on a lawn, or near a swimming pool or at a wedding venue, the victim often survives with bruises or perhaps a few broken bones. If it happens on a balcony several floors up, it's bound to lead to death

We've all seen videos (usually on Youtube, involving weddings, lakes, swimming pools and the like -- 'funny videos') of men overestimating their physical prowess by picking up women to enjoy their terror and screams. It must be very empowering for a certain type. They do the same to children, often, as shown in the same sort of videos. And they are situations prone to going badly wrong, quite often. How often have we watched wedding videos online where the inebriated groom slips or simply drops the bride? We've seen videos online of (usually) men dropping their children. When it happens on a lawn, or near a swimming pool or at a wedding venue, the victim often survives with bruises or perhaps a few broken bones. If it happens on a balcony several floors up, it's bound to lead to death
And we have all heard the old saying that if a guy listens to a woman attentitively until 2 or 3am she will give in and go to bed with him. 2:20am, GT probably thought it was time for payoff. W had been raised as a Jehovah's Witness. No doubt she had some standards.

I seriously hope Mr Tony Ongart wasn't in the unit at the same time as Warriena and GT..........(thanks TGY for bringing that possibility to my attention :seeya:)

He seems a whole step up from GT (if that's possible).

But why would LE seize his phone? Hopefully just because GT was texting him that night.......

And we have all heard the old saying that if a guy listens to a woman attentitively until 2 or 3am she will give in and go to bed with him. 2:20am, GT probably thought it was time for payoff. W had been raised as a Jehovah's Witness. No doubt she had some standards.

BBM

Sigh. And they appear to have cost her her life

Wonder how many other women succumbed to fear as inducement to prop us his feelings of sexual inadequacy after being hoisted out to the balcony to helplessly and in total terror, 'enjoy the view'?

I can see the appeal of Tinder for people with a limited repertoire. Find a random, try your tricks. Next time same tricks, different person - a Groundhog Day version of dating. It gives me the creeps. Maybe it is perfect for a (self described) highly functioning autistic. Would be interested in Isisrising's opinion.

I can see the appeal of Tinder for people with a limited repertoire. Find a random, try your tricks. Next time same tricks, different person - a Groundhog Day version of dating. It gives me the creeps. Maybe it is perfect for a highly functioning autistic. Would be interested in Isisrising's opinion.

Well, yes - I agree with what you just said Possum.

It sounds like in real life when GT met girls in clubs he came off as creepy and overbearing and he repelled them. So for him, the use of Tinder seems ideal because he gets to post his Ridge Forrester headshot and show off his (so-called) good looks and even though his banter is a little 'off', obviously some women were overlooking that. Maybe they just didn't pick up the creepy vibe.......but they well may have in real life.

And yes, for a high functioning autistic person who likes repetition and set routines etc, it would be a far more comfortable forum than chatting off-the-cuff to people in nightclubs.

BUT - I'm still skeptical about this whole autistic diagnosis. I just think it's passed out so often as a cop-out for people with poor interpersonal skills.

He's definitely personality disordered imo.....but I reserve judgement on the Aspergers/austism thing.....

From what my 25yo DD tells me, Tinder is a dating App, but many, many people use it for a quick hook up to have sex. Not saying Warriena did this, but GT surely did.

From the descriptions I've seen it says it uses GPS to find people close to you, wonder if she started chatting to him only since arriving in Australia or if she had spoken to him previously.

If you think his FB is bad - check his YouTube

I actually think GT represents the small tip of a very large iceberg. His behaviour, attitudes and actions have led to an extremely tragic outcome. He was spiralling out of control - two serious encounters with LE within 6 months - and further disaster of some kind was inevitable without appropriate intervention. Sadly, as so often seems to happen, the inevitable has occurred - and an innocent woman has died and the lives of her loved ones will never be the same.

This has flushed out a whole sub-culture of men whose views and actions make them very dangerous. Who knows how many people (especially women) they are harming?

It is also concerning to see just how many young women seem to "like" the FB pages of these men, including GT and his buddy TO.

I keep imagining what her poor family are going through, all her friends.. it was meant to be a fun holiday, a wedding, a time for relaxing and celebration.. a few days from home. What a loss, for them all.

And this smug little .. I can't even think of a word for him.. so and so, is in the media, all over forums, concerned only for him flipping self.

I just get too angry. So I'll stop there.

I can see some ASD in him. It is a developmental disorder and he's acting far below his age. He's looking for quick hookups which could indicate a lack of social understanding. Same goes for the bodybuilding board and possible inappropriate comments. He has been reported to have a high IQ but cannot function in society. He may not see the consequences of some of his actions. But then they can all be attributed to ADHD as well. The majority of Aspies/ASDers have a strong sense of right and wrong, but that can be seen as self-justification.

MOO :moo:

I can see some ASD in him. It is a developmental disorder and he's acting far below his age. He's looking for quick hookups which could indicate a lack of social understanding. Same goes for the bodybuilding board and possible inappropriate comments. He has been reported to have a high IQ but cannot function in society. He may not see the consequences of some of his actions. But then they can all be attributed to ADHD as well. The majority of Aspies/ASDers have a strong sense of right and wrong, but that can be seen as self-justification.

MOO :moo:
I totally agree. I also feel that he has felt socially outcast as a child and is still trying to figure out how boys work. That's just my gut feeling and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member