NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#WW alcohol level was much higher actually , when originally it was said they cant use sample from blood , it had to be done from eye fluid . I tried to point it out once before during these discussions about levels of alcohol . The eye fluid was far less the way remember reading that , like it was today

layout app for photos

Vitreous humour (eye fluids) are apparently frequently used to test for blood alcohol contents, and indicate higher than a blood alcohol reading would show - 20% higher. It doesn't say if the eye fluid exaggerates the reading, or if the true reading is really that high. Apparently, it can be used for testing for a 'range' of drugs. Although they more commonly check the liver for drugs. I don't know if Warriena's liver was even in a suitable condition to test for drugs (?) So they may not have checked for other drugs at all, or they may have checked for ones within the 'range of drugs' that can be identified through the eye fluid. http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/tox/how.html

I'm not sure about the accuracy of a BAC taken from from vitreous fluid. I'll have a 'nose around' tomorrow.

They can test for other drugs, etc (see the link I posted in reply to soso above).

Also:

'The blood alcohol test was taken using her eye fluid because the only remaining source of blood found in her chest cavity had been contaminated, the court heard.'

Gable Tostee murder trial hears Warriena Wright's body severely mangled

#WW alcohol level was much higher actually , when originally it was said they cant use sample from blood , it had to be done from eye fluid . I tried to point it out once before during these discussions about levels of alcohol . The eye fluid was far less the way remember reading that , like it was today

layout app for photos

Yes, I seem to remember that too, met. Can you find your post?

Yes, I seem to remember that too, met. Can you find your post?
Yes boh it was around when the trial began I studied the thread here & saw it clearly somewhere on ws before that date . But I just scrolled for an hour to search for it once and for all but couldn't find it . And it has never been tacked onto the reports from that point on . It was because after certain time passed the blood is contaminated or it was some other reason pertaining to the fact that her body had no clean sample left although they tested it but its not permitted for purposes of law but it was mentioned it was higher [emoji26]

layout app for photos

Yes boh it was around when the trial began I studied the thread here & saw it clearly somewhere on ws before that date . But I just scrolled for an hour to search for it once and for all but couldn't find it . And it has never been tacked onto the reports from that point on . It was because after certain time passed the blood is contaminated or it was some other reason pertaining to the fact that her body had no clean sample left although they tested it but its not permitted for purposes of law but it was mentioned it was higher [emoji26]

layout app for photos

I'll try a Boolean search tomorrow using your keywords but, for now it's :eek:fftobed: for me. Goodnight all x

Does that back what I thought was written ? Can you translate thank you higher level in femoral ? Pity the original is mia

layout app for photos

http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/tox/Toxicology.pdf
page 4
Vitreous humour alcohol concentrations are a little higher than blood about 20% on average.
Assuming there has been no degradation.
Interpretation of other toxicological findings in vitreous humour are somewhat more complex.
Ok im wrong , and hopefully we see the article from months ago . Some very interesting things mentioned about the tests done

layout app for photos

"She had severe injuries really to the whole of her body," Dr Little said.
Fluid taken from Ms Wright's eye showed she had a blood alcohol level of 0.156 when she died.
A blood sample taken from her chest cavity, the only remaining place blood was available, returned a higher alcohol level but Dr Little said it was unreliable because it was likely to have been contaminated.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/32881768/tostee-trial-hears-from-last-crown-witness/#page1

Ok im wrong , and hopefully we see the article from months ago . Some very interesting things mentioned about the tests done

layout app for photos

No the above article does say the blood content was much higher.

Bit confusing to me.

Interesting read. Also regarding toxicology, it stands to reason if there was other substances found it would have been reported in the media same as her alcohol level was. Its really here nor there anyway. If anything it would've helped the defence bring Wrights state of mind in to even more question.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...uries-warriena-wright-gold-coast-fall/7928954

"Dr Little recorded 80 separate injuries on Ms Wright's body, including severe trauma to her head and body, which caused her death.

She tested fluid in Ms Wright's eye to estimate her blood-alcohol concentration at the time she died was 0.156 per cent.

Dr Little said Ms Wright had areas of reddening around her neck, but they were more likely caused by the fall rather than prior injury, such as strangulation.

She said there was no evidence of internal injuries to the neck.

The prosecution had previously alleged Tostee tried to strangle or choke Ms Wright during their fight, but the defence disputed this.

Dr Little also noted multiple scars on Ms Wright's wrists, thigh and upper chest which appeared to have been self-inflicted.

She said the scars were not recent and probably more than weeks or months old.

The prosecution concluded its case at the end of Dr Little's evidence."

No the above article does say the blood content was much higher.

Bit confusing to me.
Thanks thats exactly right , my memory is ok like it was yesterday.
Yes confused by that too ??

layout app for photos

In all the photos of WW arms there was no scars to be seen on wrist or anywhere I just put that bit down to the victim blamers campaign . Jmo

layout app for photos

In all the photos of WW arms there was no scars to be seen on wrist or anywhere I just put that bit down to the victim blamers campaign . Jmo

layout app for photos

Well i agree with your observation on that, but why would the Dr. Little that did the autopsy state that then? And the scars on chest & thigh? Very strange that it is stated this way because how does Dr. Little know Warriena was never in a previous accident and obtained any scars by other means than her supposed self harm? Did a family member tell Dr. Little that, or was it an assumption?

This has been pointed out many many times previously in prior threads, but it appears that this fact is unpopular, and unwilling to be conceded by the "core thread regulars", so Ksks, there is probably little use pointing out this fact any more. The court got it wrong, you see.

Not sure why you're surprised about that? Courts do get it wrong unfortunately for the victims of crime. There are plenty of cases like that for you to research on that topic if you care to. They do exist you know.
Oh, thanks for pointing that out, Karinna, but Im well aware that courts get it wrong, and you seem to have forgotten my previous post in prior threads that alluded to the false incarceration rate in the USA being about 1.5%, and about 0.75% in Australia from memory.

The bolded bit in my original comment was sarcasm. It is very clear to me in this case the court got it right, and I haven't heard one thing here or anywhere to disprove it. Prominent criminal lawyers in Brisbane have publicly queried why this was ever brought to trial.

As non participating lay people, we wouldn't have enough of an insight into most cases to make a claim of miscarriage of justice. However, there are cases where a blatant errors of logic and fairness are apparent to even the casual observer, and I hope these are the ones you are referring to.

In this thread, ridiculous unsubstantiated claims were made that the judge was incompetent or corrupt. Rather some of the more cogent reasons for miscarriages are as follows -

1. In 15% of wrongful conviction cases overturned through DNA testing, statements from people with incentives to testify — particularly incentives that are not disclosed to the jury — were critical evidence used to convict an innocent person.
  2. A review of convictions overturned by DNA testing reveals a trail of sleeping, drunk, incompetent and overburdened defense attorneys, at the trial level and on appeal.
  3. Many forensic techniques — such as hair microscopy, bite mark comparisons, firearm tool mark analysis and shoe print comparisons — have not been subjected to sufficient scientific evaluation and have resulted in error.
  4. Evidence of fraud, negligence or misconduct by prosecutors or police is disturbingly not uncommon among the DNA exoneration cases.
  5. Astonishingly, more than 1 out of 4 people wrongfully convicted but later exonerated by DNA evidence made a false confession or incriminating statement.
  6. Eyewitness misidentification is the greatest contributing factor to wrongful convictions proven by DNA testing, playing a role in more than 70% of convictions overturned through DNA testing nationwide.

Source : http://www.innocenceproject.org/ (Steven Avery's case is mentioned there.)

Take note of the second point - anyone who hires an incompetent lawyer, or is relegated to using a public defender, is putting their outcome at risk.
Take note of the fifth point - clearly people are railroaded by the police, and it is a smarter person who "lawyers up" first before speaking to police. Very pertinent to this case, considering the swift yet unfounded charges that were brought.

Note: [BBM] [UBM] [IBM].

Oh, thanks for pointing that out, Karinna, but Im well aware that courts get it wrong, and you seem to have forgotten my previous post in prior threads that alluded to the false incarceration rate in the USA being about 1.5%, and about 0.75% in Australia from memory.

Link to substantiate this, please.

The bolded bit in my original comment was sarcasm. It is very clear to me in this case the court got it right, and I haven't heard one thing here or anywhere to disprove it. Prominent criminal lawyers in Brisbane have publicly queried why this was ever brought to trial.

Again, links to substantiate those 'prominent lawyers' public queries', please.

As non participating lay people, we wouldn't have enough of an insight into most cases to make a claim of miscarriage of justice. However, there are cases where a blatant errors of logic and fairness are apparent to even the casual observer, and I hope these are the ones you are referring to.

Links to Australian cases 'where blatant errors of logic and fairness are apparent', please.

In this thread, ridiculous unsubstantiated claims were made that the judge was incompetent or corrupt.

This is a serious accusation IMO. Links to substantiate these claims, please.

[RSBM]. The reference is applicable to the American legal and judicial processes only. Also Gable has not been 'wrongfully convicted' but not found to be 'innocent', rather he has been found to be 'Not Guilty'.

Why is the question ?

layout app for photos

Met, could you please use 'Reply With Quote' (the speech bubble with the openimg quote marks in it) when replying to another WSer? Otherwise it can be difficult to work out who you're replying to and the 'conversation' seems disjointed. Thanks bub.

For what it's worth, I doubt there will be an inquest. While WW's death has been referred to the Coroner, that doesn't automatically mean there will be an inquest. In my opinion.

Would you mind expanding on that thought Ks?

Are you asking out of genuine interest? If so, I will happily explain my thoughts.

Of course.

Just did a massive post that was deleted when my iPad froze. Will try again tomorrow.

That happens. Thank you. Use 'Go Advanced' to guard against losing your post. It 'auto-saves' most of what you've entered into the text box when you log back in.

I'm still interested in reading your reply to my original query, Ks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back