Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officers said Walsh’s former cellmate at the jail was recently found with a mobile telephone strapped to his genitals.

Set to 'vibrate', no doubt...

Also, those having trouble seeing Tostee's FB - I believe you have to be logged in. I got an error page of some kind, when I wasn't.

And thanks for likin' my new avatar blurb, gals. Sleuths gonna sleuth, dontcha know.

Nine News Brisbane @9NewsBrisbane · 29m

Accused murderer Gable Tostee misses loved ones and maintains his innocence in Gold Coast balcony death case. #9News

Did anyone catch more info from 9 News?

Even his clothes are made of carpet :shame:

Omg, you. I had my morning coffee out the nose (thx Brightbird!), and now it's my evening one.

May as well just start snorting caffeine direct, with you lot about.

I wonder if there was anything out on the balcony that she could have used to smash her way back in. If there was, maybe GT threw her off to make sure she didn't break a window to get back in.

If she was merely a guest who had overstayed her welcome, like he is stating in that recording, it would be simplest and safest for him to either call the police or shove her out the front door. If shoving her out the front door, he can gather her belongings then throw those out the door or off the balcony (not very gentlemanly but less illegal than manslaughter/murder).

Imagine this. You are heavily intoxicated by alcohol (possible chemical as well), just been in a struggle and shoved out on the balcony. Now was the light on? And were the curtains drawn? (voice recording would pick that up).

Heavily disorientated pushed onto a balcony and you are presented with a glass reflection of the building lights. In that case Warriena could of been given the impression she was about to fall over and jumped back only to fall over the side of the real balcony.

Horrible I know. But a possibility

I feel like deleting this post... :/

I'm glad there's been a few laffs today.. reading those transcripts made me feel terrible.

Keep thinking of Reza, and how much she must miss her sister..

Imagine this. You are heavily intoxicated by alcohol (possible chemical as well), just been in a struggle and shoved out on the balcony. Now was the light on? And were the curtains drawn? (voice recording would pick that up).

Heavily disorientated pushed onto a balcony and you are presented with a glass reflection of the building lights. In that case Warriena could of been given the impression she was about to fall over and jumped back only to fall over the side of the real balcony.

I know what you are saying. If she were spinning out chemically and her perception started whirling in circles unable to work out which was the way in ... Awful. Doesn't explain dangling legs and how she got over the ledge, which would involve putting one leg over, then the other - or being lifted over. And she wasn't very tall.

And three screams.

Now I feel like deleting :/

Please don't delete! They're good posts. And let's face it, there's a chance Warriena *did* accidentally fall over that balcony, or deliberately attempt to climb it.

But ONLY because Gable Tostee put her out there, after encouraging her drink moonshine though she was already drunk, then depriving her of liberty, choking, terrorising and verbally abusing and threatening her. However it went, HE is the reason she is dead.

eta: though I still think he dangled her off the edge and then closed the door. I really do.

So there is no tone of disgrace for using social media while incarcerated, but there are still weekend papers to sell, so we will see what comes out around midnight. (If I'm still awake - stupid flu).

Hope you feel better soon.. the flu going round here was a nasty one, you have all sympathy from me. :)

And yeah, I'm getting a bit fed up with the media where this case is concerned, for a couple of reasons.

Don't feel that way because when my daughter was at a party a girl started climbing over the railing thinking it was only a verandah. When everyone stopped her, she explained she didn't realise she was so high up because the lift was so fast from the basement. DOH I know :notgood: not drunk just not thinking.

Please don't delete! They're good posts. And let's face it, there's a chance Warriena *did* accidentally fall over that balcony, or deliberately attempt to climb it.

But ONLY because Gable Tostee put her out there, after encouraging her drink moonshine though she was already drunk, then depriving her of liberty, choking, terrorising and verbally abusing and threatening her. However it went, HE is the reason she is dead.

eta: though I still think he dangled her off the edge and then closed the door. I really do.

I also find it very believable that he dangled her over, even if he then replaced her feet on the ledge while he quickly went inside and possibly waited for that accident to happen.

What I have trouble believing, for some reason, is that he was strangling/choking her as transcribed. I really find this hard to accept because of the way she responds in the transcripts. I keep guessing that perhaps he did tackle or pin her down in a hold but not choked her by putting both hands to her throat... because I know I'd run straight to the front door and get the heck out, I reckon. It baffles me.

Don't feel that way because when my daughter was at a party a girl started climbing over the railing thinking it was only a verandah. When everyone stopped her, she explained she didn't realise she was so high up because the lift was so fast from the basement. DOH I know :notgood: not drunk just not thinking.

That is something I have always wondered TGY. Did Warriena realise she was so high up? Presumably she would have seen the panorama and known she was high up at some early point, but as her vision became more impaired from moonshine vodka, and her brain became fuzzier, did that height perception slide away somewhat? Did she feel like she was 5 floors up or 2 floors up, say, instead of 14 floors. Did the height seem less scary than her fear of him?

I knew a person a long time ago who was driving a very short distance in a very familiar area (while intoxicated on vodka, interestingly) and made a left turn onto train tracks (!) thinking they were making a left turn onto a road. Drunken vision/perception is much different to sober vision/perception, at times.

He injured her.
He abused her.
He wouldn't allow her to leave.
He strangled her.
He tackled her.
He threw her out onto the balcony.

Who does this to a guest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics