Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201305/how-spot-sociopath

In The Mask of Sanity, published in 1941, Cleckley distilled what he believed to be the 16 key behavioral characteristics that defined psychopathy. Most of these factors are still used today to diagnose sociopaths/psychopaths and others with antisocial disorders. (Psychopathy and sociopathy are terms with an intertwined clinical history, and they are now largely used interchangeably. The DSM excludes both, in favor of antisocial personality disorder.)

Superficial charm and good intelligence
Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking
Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations
Unreliability
Untruthfulness and insincerity
Lack of remorse and shame
Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior
Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love
General poverty in major affective reactions
Specific loss of insight
Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations
Fantastic and uninviting behavior with alcohol and sometimes without
Suicide threats rarely carried out
Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated
Failure to follow any life plan

I think there's some very interesting days ahead when the full brief of evidence is presented.

There's been quite a bit of discussion about the various witnesses however, there's also the mention of police gathering up CCTV evidence. I wonder where they've gathered that from and what it will show. That alone will be very interesting indeed in my opinion.

Personally, I'm *very* interested in the autopsy results.. while there would have been a lot of damage from the fall, they'd still be able to tell if there was injury to her throat, finger-mark bruising, etc.

I 100% agree, the full brief of police evidence will be fascinating. Pity we have to wait so long to see what'll emerge in court. But better they dot the i's and cross the t's, and get this person put away, where he can't put anyone else's life at risk.

And we must presume that he was also "diagnosed by a professional" with autism, too (unless this was just made up altogether and the court did not want documentation..) -- professionals can be suckered, by someone good at suckering people. Case in point.

He clearly has alcohol issues. But how in control of it is he, if he can spend a night in a bar drinking water.

Who said he spends entire nights in bars drinking water? Again this is heresay.

Personally, I'm *very* interested in the autopsy results.. while there would have been a lot of damage from the fall, they'd still be able to tell if there was injury to her throat, finger-mark bruising, etc.

I 100% agree, the full brief of police evidence will be fascinating. Pity we have to wait so long to see what'll emerge in court. But better they dot the i's and cross the t's, and get this person put away, where he can't put anyone else's life at risk.

Oh ... I'm hoping he is locked up way before the trial. I hope that they lock him up in a fortnight on 12th January, or as soon as possible after, for endangering so many people's lives while drunkenly speeding away from police. It is evident he has no concern for other people ... not Rrie, not motorists on the highway, not the police, not the girls he publicly ridiculed on the bb forum ...

:jail:

Police allege Mr Tostee was spotted driving a grey vehicle with no numberplates and reaching speeds of 200km/hour on the Pacific Motorway south of the border.

Police deployed road spikes on the northbound lanes of the M1 just prior to the Tugun Tunnel, but it is alleged Mr Tostee continued to drive on the rims at about 140km/hour.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...anger-to-the-law/story-fnj94idh-1227020994419

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201305/how-spot-sociopath

In The Mask of Sanity, published in 1941, Cleckley distilled what he believed to be the 16 key behavioral characteristics that defined psychopathy. Most of these factors are still used today to diagnose sociopaths/psychopaths and others with antisocial disorders. (Psychopathy and sociopathy are terms with an intertwined clinical history, and they are now largely used interchangeably. The DSM excludes both, in favor of antisocial personality disorder.)

Superficial charm and good intelligence
Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking
Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations
Unreliability
Untruthfulness and insincerity
Lack of remorse and shame
Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior
Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love
General poverty in major affective reactions
Specific loss of insight
Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations
Fantastic and uninviting behavior with alcohol and sometimes without
Suicide threats rarely carried out
Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated
Failure to follow any life plan

So ONE line in a book written over 70 years ago proves this guy is a psychopath?

Who said he spends entire nights in bars drinking water? Again this is heresay.

I don't think you understand what "hearsay" means (I presume you meant 'hearsay' and not 'heresy' ;) ) .

A witness reporting to newspapers what they've witnessed is not "hearsay". The club owners and staff are recounting personal experiences with Tostee, which he himself has validated as real experiences by whining about them on the BBF, albeit spun to make himself look the victim, big surprise there.

If it helps:

Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted, but knows it only from being told by someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law#Prior_statement_of_a_witness

hearsay
[heer-sey]

noun
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge:
I pay no attention to hearsay.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor:
a malicious hearsay.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hearsay

I don't think you understand what "hearsay" means (I presume you meant 'hearsay' and not 'heresy' ;) ) .

A witness reporting to newspapers what they've witnessed is not "hearsay". The club owners and staff are recounting personal experiences with Tostee, which he himself has validated as real experiences by whining about them on the BBF, albeit spun to make himself look the victim, big surprise there.

If it helps:

Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted, but knows it only from being told by someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law#Prior_statement_of_a_witness

hearsay
[heer-sey]

noun
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge:
I pay no attention to hearsay.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor:
a malicious hearsay.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hearsay

I know what hearsay is. Who was the "witness"? Link?

Tostee would go out four or five times a week, usually by himself. Sometimes he would spend the night drinking just water, no ice. Bar staff say he would usually still be there as they closed up, trying to speak to intoxicated girls.

.. a former bar worker said he had followed her to her car after closing time more than once; another said he would prowl the streets after bars had all closed, looking for dates.

One nightclub employee said: "Everyone knows to keep away from him. His reputation is he's just a weirdo, he'd just odd."

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/tostee-had-been-banned-clubs-and-described-creepy/2354079/

Tostee would go out four or five times a week, usually by himself. Sometimes he would spend the night drinking just water, no ice. Bar staff say he would usually still be there as they closed up, trying to speak to intoxicated girls.

.. a former bar worker said he had followed her to her car after closing time more than once; another said he would prowl the streets after bars had all closed, looking for dates.

One nightclub employee said: "Everyone knows to keep away from him. His reputation is he's just a weirdo, he'd just odd."

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/tostee-had-been-banned-clubs-and-described-creepy/2354079/

This article mentions no sources so it is effectively hearsay. Who are these supposed witnesses/employees? The media was caught out lying about sex tapes, why would these reports be any more true?

Thanks, SA.

This is hearsay:

But ask around in the bars and clubs of the Gold Coast and you might hear a different story. 3rd Degree talked to a lot of bouncers and club managers about Tostee and his reputation, and he did have one – a bad one.

"Basically that he's a bit of a predator to the females," says club owner Simon King. "A lot of security obviously watched him pursuing women and obviously security were tipped off by those women. I remember hearing stories about him following females home."

In the middle of this year, security staff banned him from many of the bars and clubs in Surfers Paradise.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/3rd-...hlights-tinder-risks-2014101520#ixzz3NIS3WTP1

Which might not help his prosecution in court (unless they call those staff and women who had direct interaction with him, which I believe they will do).

But here, in the world outside of the courtroom, the only thing I find myself asking is this: Why would all these people make this stuff up about him? Who am I more inclined to believe: the club owners and staff, or the guy with the behavioural issues on trial for murder? :waitasec:

As if the media are going to print the girls' names ... while Tostee is loose :rolleyes:

Thanks, SA.

This is hearsay:

But ask around in the bars and clubs of the Gold Coast and you might hear a different story. 3rd Degree talked to a lot of bouncers and club managers about Tostee and his reputation, and he did have one – a bad one.

"Basically that he's a bit of a predator to the females," says club owner Simon King. "A lot of security obviously watched him pursuing women and obviously security were tipped off by those women. I remember hearing stories about him following females home."

In the middle of this year, security staff banned him from many of the bars and clubs in Surfers Paradise.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/3rd-...hlights-tinder-risks-2014101520#ixzz3NIS3WTP1

Which might not help his prosecution in court (unless they call those staff and women who had direct interaction with him, which I believe they will do).

But here, in the world outside of the courtroom, the only thing I find myself asking is this: Why would all these people make this stuff up about him? Who am I more inclined to believe: the club owners and staff, or the guy with the behavioural issues on trial for murder? :waitasec:

So in other words it is hearsay...

As if the media are going to print the girls' names ... while Tostee is loose :rolleyes:

As if multiple newspaper outlets are lying, about multiple witnesses.

Though I can see how someone like Tostee might try to argue it. I've seen him spin the bans from the clubs, nothing is his fault if course, so he just doesn't understand.

The first article was written before he was charged and the second while he was in custody...

Pretty convenient that they don't mention their sources. Like the media would ever make anything up, right?

Why is it that Tostee, with all the women he has met/dated, has never had any complaints or charges against him from females?

So in other words it is hearsay...

No, I was providing you with an example of what hearsay is. Since you seemed confused about it.

Statements from bar staff who personally saw his behaviour are NOT hearsay. If you believe they're all lying, that all the papers, all the staff, all the owners, are for some reason out to get poor Gable, well.. idk. Good on ya.

No, I was providing you with an example of what hearsay is. Since you seemed confused about it.

Statements from bar staff who personally saw his behaviour are NOT hearsay. If you believe they're all lying, that all the papers, all the staff, all the owners, aew for some reason out to get poor Gable, well.. idk. Good on ya.

And how many articles have mentioned this?

This is EXACTLY what the media does when they want a story, they demonise and sensationalise.

As if multiple newspaper outlets are lying, about multiple witnesses.

Though I can see how someone like Tostee might try to argue it. I've seen him spin the bans from the clubs, nothing is his fault if course, so he just doesn't understand.

Well, it will be interesting to hear the character witnesses statements during the sentencing phase, won't it? I wonder if they'll be able to find any that are not family.

:jail:

Indeed! And as Justice Mullins stated....

Justice Mullins said: “I don’t think you can proceed on the basis that it’s objectively a weak case

“You’ve got that difficulty that although theoretically your client wasn’t on the balcony, it makes the murder case a little bit more difficult.

“In the context of what occured in the apartment I would have thought that the manslaughter case is not weak

“But that does depend on what comes out in evidence as to what occurred in the apartment before Ms Wright went onto the balcony.

“But I would have thought it’s a reasonably strong case for manslaughter on the material as it stands at the moment.

“The investigation is still ongoing, so it’s a little bit hard to be definitive.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ail-hearing-told/story-fnihsrf2-1227051234017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee