Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have analysed the contents of a home-built still:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2751411/There-s-million-cops-building-I-m-f-ed-eight-hours-moonshine-madness-driving-Dad-Gable-Tostee-s-arrest-murder.html

Years ago he was preparing to forge Australian $. In the last year he punched a cop, went on a drunken high-speed car chase, and was charged with murder. His many selfies and inwardly-fascinated posts reveal a certain kind of character. And then there's the long letter he wrote for an apparently witch-hunting public, which goes into extraordinary detail about his side of things.

What part of this extremely comprehensive 'letter of innocence' do I believe? Well, its punctuation and grammar are to be commended. It's all quite compos mentis, and I use the Latin advisedly.
I want to believe he is innocent but his past behaviour says it is just another criminal. He feels free to be repulsively boorish (night-club bouncers see him coming and bar entry) until too many eyes are on him and then the heat is on.

If he is genuinely that intelligent then what a waste of intelligence. Why did it have to come to someone's life ending because of him directly or indirectly? Why didn't the judge jail him all those years ago? It could have changed so much.

At the risk of sounding crass, could UMO have been a vibrator or sex toy? Just a thought…

At the risk of sounding crass, could UMO have been a vibrator or sex toy? Just a thought…

I believe that has been kicked around as a possibility toward the end of the previous thread.

Marly would the police have cordoned off the unit for as a crime scene for the forensics to do their job? I'd hate to think anyone could enter willy nilly.

Because Tostee laid low for several days, how would the police gain entry? Meanwhile poor Wrie lay on a cold slab as a 'Jane Doe' while Tostee.....well I won't say anymore there. :notgood:

Tostee's unit remained a crime scene almost one week later.
http://news.yahoo.com/tinder-date-balcony-plunge-gable-022438922.html

I guess if the witnesses knew from what balcony R'rie fell then the police would be able to be let in by the apartment supervisor, wouldn't they?
I had assumed it was made a crime scene immediately.

Tostee's unit remained a crime scene almost one week later.
http://news.yahoo.com/tinder-date-balcony-plunge-gable-022438922.html

I guess if the witnesses knew from what balcony R'rie fell then the police would be able to be let in by the apartment supervisor, wouldn't they?
I had assumed it was made a crime scene immediately.

Interesting. From my knowledge, a building supervisor can't give access - they don't have access to individual apartments. Or does this vary from building to building?

But it's good to know it was the known crime scene from the start. Presumably Tostee (or anyone he knows) did not return there after he initially left to "access his basement/meet his Dad/eat pizza".

Just curious as a side interest, would Tostee have been allowed back into the crime scene to pick up clothes or whatnot? Can people re-enter crime scenes with permission?

Marly would the police have cordoned off the unit for as a crime scene for the forensics to do their job? I'd hate to think anyone could enter willy nilly.

Because Tostee laid low for several days, how would the police gain entry? Meanwhile poor Wrie lay on a cold slab as a 'Jane Doe' while Tostee.....well I won't say anymore there. :notgood:

TGY yes the apartment would have been cordoned off although so far we don't know how long it took police to access it. I'd assume GT would have made some effort to clean up following Warriena's fall from the balcony.

Which leads me to another question....did he remove anything from the apartment on his way out.

Interesting. From my knowledge, a building supervisor can't give access - they don't have access to individual apartments. Or does this vary from building to building?

But it's good to know it was the known crime scene from the start. Presumably Tostee (or anyone he knows) did not return there after he initially left to "access his basement/meet his Dad/eat pizza".

Just curious as a side interest, would Tostee have been allowed back into the crime scene to pick up clothes or whatnot? Can people re-enter crime scenes with permission?

168 Restricting access to crime scene...(establishing crime scenes etc is on following link....)

168 Restricting access to crime scene
(1) The responsible officer must immediately take the steps he or
she considers to be reasonably necessary to protect anything
at the crime scene from being damaged, interfered with or
destroyed, including for example, steps necessary—
(a) to ensure people, including police officers, whose
presence at the crime scene is not essential do not enter
the crime scene; and
(b) to prevent unnecessary movement inside the boundaries
of the crime scene; and
(c) to establish a safe walking area in the crime scene for
reducing the risk of damage to any evidence that may be
on the place.
(2) Also, a person, other than the responsible officer, must not
enter a crime scene unless—
(a) the person has a special reason, associated with the
investigation, for entering the crime scene; or
(b) the person is a police officer who is asked to enter the
crime scene by the responsible officer or an
investigating police officer; or
(c) the person is an authorised assistant; or
(d) the presence of the person is necessary to preserve life
or property at a crime scene; or
(e) the person is authorised to enter by the responsible
officer.

https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/P/PolicePowResA00.pdf

It's the time wasting runaround the police had to do and they would have been concerned who else may be injured or dead in the unit.
1) Is the unit owned or rented?
2) Rented through what real estate company?

The selfishness is astounding.

So even though it was cordoned off the police may not have entered for a some time after.
I was thinking that when the person below rang 000, they would have given details of their location. Therefore, the police would have had a reasonably accurate idea of what apartment to head too.
I assumed this was sooner rather than later.
I guess we should never assume.

Twice (that we know of) he's run from the police.
Is it the guilt or lack of respect.
I thought only fugitives run.

As I said earlier I had just assumed the apartment would have been declared a crime scene and that would have allowed police automatic entry.
I have zero knowledge of this stuff.
I was not questioning anyone.

But it has got me thinking .... how does this work, particularly with a high rise apartments. No window to peek through.

The police would have had reports that there were people arguing on the balcony immediately before the fall... 000.
The police would not have known for certain that Tostee had left the apartment until they had entered it.
I presume they would have to consider if an argument was reported and someone had plunged from the balcony, and no one answered the door. That the other person may be inside injured or hiding. imo

When police can enter your home without your consent:
Police can enter your yard and home without your consent

* To reach a crime scene. Wouldn't the balcony be considered the primary crime scene given that is from where R'rie fell?

* In urgent circumstances, such as when a person has been seriously injured or is about to be harmed.

* To search for evidence if they reasonably suspect it may be otherwise be hidden or destroyed.

Others are listed but are not significant.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/being-arrested-and-police-custody/being-searched/

Koala Mitten Update

I saw a lady on TV this morning who was thrilled to bits, so happy. They have received boxes and boxes of cotton mittens from all over the world for the burned and injured koalas. Says the mittens help to keep the bandages and meds on the koalas' burned paws, and promote healing.
She couldn't thank everyone enough. :)

Re the first line I've bolded. Could that have been the "object"... "solid object".... "metallic object".....??

“He said let it go let it go,” Ms Ryan said.

“At that point a heavy object dropping with a thud is heard.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...d-until-tomorrow/story-fnje8bkv-1227126554029

solid object.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...128046513?nk=615eb8ffdd4c9cd7c53e7af90f8405c8

Sounds of a metallic object dropping is heard

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostees-apartment-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html

So just reread some of earlier posts stretching to last thread also- the thing with the UMO is probably quite crucial to GT's defence. His defence team and him will have to prove that GT had to lock her out on the balcony because he had no other choice, and circumstances drive him to that point of desperation. However, just re-reading this article from Gold Coast Bulletin where Ms Ryan (lawyer) refers to the UMO. She too does not name the object. Does this mean that even the defence ex-lawyers had not been told what the UMO is as well or it is a deliberate withholding of information due to whatever reason(s)? She does specifically use the word "heavy" to describe the UMO though.

Ms Ryan referred to part of recording that appeared to demonstrate Ms Wright was wielding something dangerous during the encounter which led to her death.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...d-until-tomorrow/story-fnje8bkv-1227126554029

She does specifically use the word "heavy" to describe the UMO though.

Of course she does. Poor Gable has to look like HE was the one in mortal danger, innit. Though even if it was 'heavy' (which I firmly believe it was not) and they can somehow spin it as an attack against Tostee, it's pretty clear Warriena was being held down and had every right to attempt to defend herself.

Interesting that for all his pitiful 'ows' on the rest of the recording, there's not a single 'ow' or anything like it, around the time it's claimed he was struck with this supposedly heavy object. Though he did complain that she thinks she can hit him and he'll fall down 'like in the movies' -- not a big deal, then, Gable?

I *hope* they try to tell a jury that HE was the one terrified for his life.

I think she might have jumped OFF
Tostee said in his opening statement to his father.

Reminds me of GBC initial statement to 000.
I don't know if she came to bed.
We did learn in fact that after a re-think he did indeed think she had come to bed after all.
"Do you see the pj's Mr BC"

I am looking forward to Tostee answering the what, when , why and how.

Imo his re-think has led to the introduction of UMO based on the sounds on the recording.

I am not convinced R'rie had hold of anything heavy, metallic or otherwise. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members