Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there are! This was why the discussion is great, it makes you think and question both sides.

Yes indeed.
I am a bit stuck on the metal object. the one Gabe said Rrie tried to hit him with.
The one that she presumably dropped after grasping for breath for an extended time.
I am also very curious as to what metallic object was so important for Gabe to screw or unscrew given he was said to be in shock.
If only Gabe had told us his side instead of leaving it to his QC.
Things may have become much clearer.
imo

I believe that Tostee absolutely forced Warriena over the balcony in some way. It is certainly consistent with the audio recording. Does anyone know exactly what evidence was put before the jury in terms of - the SINGLE handprint of Warriena's on the balcony railing- the witness who saw Warriena dangling with her feet pointing outwardsI am at a loss to explain why the prosecution hasn't argued that Tostee at least dangled Warriena over the balcony, or even that he put her over it and left her hanging. Both of these scenarios are MORE likely in light of the evidence than Warriena climbing over the balcony. My theory is that Tostee's daddy has some very powerful connections on the gold coast, which explains why Tostee felt so confident repeatedly flouting the law. What kind of a person has their lawyer on speed dial and feels comfortable calling them in the middle of the night? Something very suspicious going on there. But anyway, since the Crown has obviously deliberately brushed over the evidence indicating Tostee put Warriena over the balcony, I am wondering what evidence the Jury saw despite this. I'm hoping that perhaps some clever juror will put the evidence together and figure it out themselves? Perhaps they will put Tostee's balcony threats, Warriena's terrified screaming, the dangling feet pointing outwards and the single handprint together and realise Tostee put her over?

Yes indeed.
I am a bit stuck on the metal object. the one Gabe said Rrie tried to hit him with.
The one that she presumably dropped after grasping for breath for an extended time.
I am also very curious as to what metallic object was so important for Gabe to screw or unscrew given he was said to be in shock.
imo

Do you perhaps think there was some sort of recording device or recording (tape) he had to get before he left the apartment? The telescope looked very 'cam corder' to me. There is so much we don't know about that night.

Something that stood out to me is the picture of GT and her on the balcony where he is smiling but she looks so unhappy. Are there timestamps for these pictures?

Her shoe's were inside near the lounge - The black ones behind the coffee table

attachment.php

His are on the balcony

attachment.php

By zooming in can anyone make out the contents on the coffee table? And what is lying next to Warriena's bag?

Why on earth was her phone in his pocket?

I believe that Tostee absolutely forced Warriena over the balcony in some way. It is certainly consistent with the audio recording. Does anyone know exactly what evidence was put before the jury in terms of - the SINGLE handprint of Warriena's on the balcony railing- the witness who saw Warriena dangling with her feet pointing outwardsI am at a loss to explain why the prosecution hasn't argued that Tostee at least dangled Warriena over the balcony, or even that he put her over it and left her hanging. Both of these scenarios are MORE likely in light of the evidence than Warriena climbing over the balcony. My theory is that Tostee's daddy has some very powerful connections on the gold coast, which explains why Tostee felt so confident repeatedly flouting the law. What kind of a person has their lawyer on speed dial and feels comfortable calling them in the middle of the night? Something very suspicious going on there. But anyway, since the Crown has obviously deliberately brushed over the evidence indicating Tostee put Warriena over the balcony, I am wondering what evidence the Jury saw despite this. I'm hoping that perhaps some clever juror will put the evidence together and figure it out themselves? Perhaps they will put Tostee's balcony threats, Warriena's terrified screaming, the dangling feet pointing outwards and the single handprint together and realise Tostee put her over?

I have been thinking about that myself.
6 minutes - maybe the prosecutions approach was to keep it simple and let the jury focus on the compelling evidence, that Gabe himself recorded. Just as the defense did.
It does not really matter how it occurred. Just the decision as to whether Gabe was responsible for it occurring and to what extent.
imo.

Yeah NatalieJones I am of the belief that crucial distinctions in those last moments will be overruled in favour if the broader questions as to whether she threatened him or he threatened her and which one was greater.
IMO it is obvious he is by far the greater threat.
The lawyer was on speed dial because Gable Tostee/Eric Thomas (he changed his name while in jail) is as they say known to police. Quite the rapsheet. The jury might be a little surprised by his crimes. I certainly feel informed by them.
JMO this moment in the public eye is about as high on the food chain as he will ever get.

By zooming in can anyone make out the contents on the coffee table? And what is lying next to Warriena's bag?

Why on earth was her phone in his pocket?

Yes why was it in his pocket?
Because he went in and put his pants on. So was it in his pants already or did he, in his shock ruffle through her bag to find it.

Saul Holt QC Defense Barrister vs Crown Prosecutor Glenn Cash

When the jury in the Brisbane Supreme Court murder trial are sent to deliberate on his guilt, the guile of Saul Holt QC will in all likelihood be the difference between Tostee spending the rest of his life in jail, or going back to his life as a Gold Coast playboy.

In a valedictory feature on Holt a decade ago, former Manawatu Standard editor Michael Cummings described him as a "cocky little bugger", albeit one who had reason to be so.

I think Holt will make the difference!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/853...precocious-former-palmerston-north-prosecutor

or going back to his life as a Gold Coast playboy
yeah they'll all be swooning for him

well, maybe dusty funbags will, can't see anyone else being that dumb

Saul Holt QC Defense Barrister vs Crown Prosecutor Glenn Cash

When the jury in the Brisbane Supreme Court murder trial are sent to deliberate on his guilt, the guile of Saul Holt QC will in all likelihood be the difference between Tostee spending the rest of his life in jail, or going back to his life as a Gold Coast playboy.

In a valedictory feature on Holt a decade ago, former Manawatu Standard editor Michael Cummings described him as a "cocky little bugger", albeit one who had reason to be so.

I think Holt will make the difference!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/853...precocious-former-palmerston-north-prosecutor

Oh Lord, such bad journalism.

Yes indeed.
imo
On the metal object, I would say it possibly was the bracket part of the telescope, I believe a very curious poster :facepalm: last night said it was the tripod part , now I have not seen any pictures of this said item but maybe, it was a small telescope and the tripod/bracket is in essence the same thing. I was hoping that poster might also of told us how GT ended up with Warriena's phone :thinking: . On the screw and unscrew metallic sound, maybe it was "smelling salt's" a metallic small tube? Holding something to sober him up fast. I wish all questions were addressed better, this is a nightmare for the jury who can't theorize like we can. Actually can they ask for clarification on things?

I believe that Tostee absolutely forced Warriena over the balcony in some way.

If there was any suggestion GT had done this, the crown prosecution would have been all over it like flies on a big steaming turd loaf. The sole eye witness maintains she was attempting to climb down.

'We were trying to look out. We said 'it's right above us, there's something going on right above us here" ... because you could hear her. she was trying to get away, there was a lot of movement.
'We were trying to see what was going on and because of what we could hear I looked over and as I looked over ... I've said to Ryan ... "Oh God, she's coming over, she's coming over the balcony".
'I've said to [Ryan] "I don't, l don't know what, what is she doing? Like I don't know what she's doing".
'Cause I couldn't work out the logic of why she was the way she was. All I could see, cause I'm quite short ... I could see the bottom of her feet.
'I couldn't work out what why or what she was doing ... and she wasn't gripping either, she wasn't on a ledge, so um her feet were dangling. I couldn't work out, is she trying to get down, or was she trying to get somewhere else?
'And then by the time I've tried to work out what she was doing, was she trying to get down to another level or where she was going, um, she was gone, she'd fallen, she, there was just shock in her voice.'

So with Stocking's on, is it not possible, that the witness, may in fact of seen wrong? Regarding which way WW feet were facing? Stocking's cover the entire foot, one may have trouble seeing which way a foot is facing on a dark night?

Witness said she noticed W's toes... kinda hard to mistake which way those were pointing?

"Thanks to the recording, both Crown prosecutor Glenn Cash and Mr Holt agree on almost all crucial facts of the case.
They agree Ms Wright was not pushed or thrown by Mr Tostee from the balcony, but that he forced her out there and closed the sliding door."

"They also agree that early in the evening, Ms Wright was the aggressor in an ongoing series of fights the pair can be heard having, and that his blood on two ornamental rocks found inside the apartment supports his claim she was throwing them at him."

"Thanks to the recording, both Crown prosecutor Glenn Cash and Mr Holt agree on almost all crucial facts of the case.
They agree Ms Wright was not pushed or thrown by Mr Tostee from the balcony, but that he forced her out there and closed the sliding door."

"They also agree that early in the evening, Ms Wright was the aggressor in an ongoing series of fights the pair can be heard having, and that his blood on two ornamental rocks found inside the apartment supports his claim she was throwing them at him."

Doesn't really matter if they agree - if the jury has a different interpretation they could well disagree with both of them.

Two ornamental rocks now?

Doesn't really matter if they agree - if the jury has a different interpretation they could well disagree with both of them.

Agreed, but I'm not sure how they could, when the sole eye witness maintains she fell trying to climb to her death and that she didn't hear or see anyone else on the balcony other than WW.

Agreed, but I'm not sure how they could, when the sole eye witness maintains she fell trying to climb to her death and that she didn't hear or see anyone else on the balcony other than WW.

Who is this witness?

What can you see in the dark at 2.30am?

Witness said she noticed W's toes... kinda hard to mistake which way those were pointing?
I was replying to the stocking's observation by a witness, who didn't say if they were skin color or black, and just throwing a possibility out there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE