Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect he'll have that particular headache for a little while yet...

He needs a

attachment.php

headache cure

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 5.49.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 5.49.50 PM.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 148
yes it is, but I'm not jcb

You'll do me Poss! ;)

Let's just hope they've done enough this time to put him away. There wouldn't be too many women who can't recall being in a few hairy situations when we were young and inexperienced. When you hear a story as sad as Warriena's, you give thanks that those blokes were decent enough to bundle you into a cab, or drop you off at your front door or whatever. Warriena just got very, very unlucky.

He is the basement now. An outside camera captures him leaving and heading into Lionel Perry Park, adjacent. It's 2.31am. #tostee
0 replies 1 retweet 2 likes
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou Oct 11
Which is next to the River of course.

As have I. Mine was an armed robbery trial and we got roasted by the judge for something very similar to what happened today even though it was very innocent. It wasn’t pleasant.
I was in court as a victim, the luxury that Rrie doesn't qualify for. The Barristers defending the rapist brothers managed to hold back a heap of forensics. The games are crazy. Sociopaths themselves. Lost my case. Nearly had a colleague on the Jury until I pointed it out. It was a very dehumanising experience. It is part of why I come here. To try and make sense of it.

I was in court as a victim, the luxury that Rrie doesn't qualify for. The Barristers defending the rapist brothers managed to hold back a heap of forensics. The games are crazy. Sociopaths themselves. Lost my case. Nearly had a colleague on the Jury until I pointed it out. It was a very dehumanising experience. It is part of why I come here. To try and make sense of it.

dI2hetL.gif

I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through that Possumheart! Sounds awful :(

I was recently a victim of crime myself, not as serious, but it went for an extended period. I learnt some of the hard life lessons & the injustice of our systems.

With rising serious crime rates, it makes you wonder if jurors of today have themselves been affected by crime, either themselves or someone close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's not an appeal and to my knowledge the new(ish) double jeopardy laws have yet to be tested in QLD. For all intents and purposes the decision of the jury is final. If Gable is acquitted of murder but found guilty of manslaughter then the Crown cannot initiate a new prosecution even under the new legislation.

Well, that's interesting; thank you for that. I imagine when the first double jeopardy case does come up the eyes of the legal world will be glued onto it.

... And for the present all we can do is hope the jury get it right regardless of a sloppy prosecution. :sigh:

I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through that Possumheart! Sounds awful :(

I was recently a victim of crime myself, not as serious, but it went for an extended period. I learnt some of the hard life lessons & the injustice of our systems.

With rising serious crime rates, it makes you wonder if jurors of today have themselves been affected by crime, either themselves or someone close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt they have, and they have an important job to do tomorrow.

I think it was Freya who had been strangled and had jumped from a moving car. I heard you sister. I have been beaten before being carried back and forth by footballers. I am a normal middle class female professional. Who knows what the jury are thinking.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear it. Hugs to you, Poss.

As have I. Mine was an armed robbery trial and we got roasted by the judge for something very similar to what happened today even though it was very innocent. It wasn’t pleasant.

Thank you. I thought I was a lone Jurer here on Websleuths.

It is no fun, at all, and I hope that the Jury can decide soonish ...

Websleuth members would have their heads spinning because ALL that you can talk/discuss is what has been presented in Court.

I think it was Freya who had been strangled and had jumped from a moving car. I heard you sister. I have been beaten before being carried back and forth by footballers. I am a normal middle class female professional. Who knows what the jury are thinking.

love to ya, Possy

My best vibes to you, Poss and Freya! And all other survivors on WS. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme