Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are referring to the choking noises that is still pure speculation. There is no evidence on Warrina's body that indicates she was choked. As such, based on the evidence, the force used to remove her to the balcony was reasonable. You cannot say beyond reasonable doubt that she was choked. <modsnip>

As such, it also cannot be stated beyond a reasonable doubt the he used reasonable force. That is pure speculation. No-one can see that.
But her choking sounds can be audibly heard on the tape ... for far too long.
I am going to err on the side of the victim.

The prosecution knows it has no case. It's hoping to convict on emotion and moral culpability alone. You think the prosecution doesn't know and rely on 'The Courier Mail' effect?

No faith in the justice system?

It has been said that you can cut off oxygen and blood supply to the brain without leaving a mark. It would also be quite difficult to assess a person's injuries pre falling 14 storeys onto a concrete slab. Any evidence of the trauma that he imposed would be removed by the impact of a fall from such height. After all her head was hyperflexed into her trunk.

Exactly. And possibly impacted on her state when she was on that balcony. Just so sad that so much cannot be discussed or considered in that jury room.

As such, it also cannot be stated beyond a reasonable doubt the he used reasonable force. That is pure speculation. No-one can see that.
:goodpost:

I'm out most of the day - can someone else please do the Tweets ? :tyou:

I'm really surprised that we haven't seen women coming forward who have had dealings with Tostee, apart from those very few comments we've seen in articles...if he slept with 150 (or was it 250 haha) women its a numbers game that at least a couple would speak up. I wonder if that will happen after the trial? I don't know - obviously if there are women out there that he has slept with they may not want that to be public knowledge for obvious reasons, but if there are, I hope they speak up if they have experienced anything untoward, abusive, etc.
Gut feeling, there are very few women he has slept with.

If a person's car front bumper had just been dented by a white car in a carpark - then that person's car ran up the back of another white car that stopped in front of it, on the way home - demolishing the front end of the just-dented car, who could tell specifically which damage was caused by which incident?

If you are referring to the choking noises that is still pure speculation. There is no evidence on Warrina's body that indicates she was choked. As such, based on the evidence, the force used to remove her to the balcony was reasonable. You cannot say beyond reasonable doubt that she was choked.<modsnip>

Crown prosecutor Glenn Cash had earlier taken the jury through the all-important section of recording, using it to allege Mr Tostee used "excessive force" in restraining her and intended to cause her grievous bodily harm by restricting her breathing, possibly with a forearm.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...s-decisions-led-to-death-20161014-gs2wvi.html

Glenn Cash argument suggest the forearm as possibility.

Gable Tostee jurors told ‘keep trying’ to reach verdict over Gold Coast death of Warriena Wright

Alexandria Utting, Gold Coast Bulletin
October 19, 2016 12:00am

JURORS in the trial of accused Tinder-date murderer Gable Tostee have been urged to take as “long as they wished”, despite yesterday telling the judge they “cannot reach a verdict after trying many times”.

The jury of six men and six women, in a note to Brisbane Supreme Court Justice John Byrne, asked for advice after being unable to agree on whether Tostee killed New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...t/news-story/edf1ad47ee922f6090245843725c4c95

I would do the tweets for a bit but can't seem to copy/paste them on my tablet?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

What the? Innocent until proven guilty? ..... The onus is on the prosecution. Tostee does not need to prove anything beyond reasonable doubt.

What the? Innocent until proven guilty? ..... The onus is on the prosecution.

I think he is guilty of manslaughter. I do not believe he used reasonable force. I have listened to the whole 199 mins of the recording - from the start with the sexy, sultry music - to the end with the convo with dad. <modsnip>

Gold Coast Bulletin&#8207; @GCBulletin
#TOSTEE - THE jury in the Gable Tostee case will resume deliberations this morning after being told to keep trying

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Not only this but what I can not make sense of......not allowing her to collect her belongings. This is something one would expect from a couple that had some history but why not just let her go WITH HER STUFF.

Because then how are you going to post online about the silly foreign girl you got wasted and kicked out whilst keeping her stuff? I think his motives were all about what he post to look the most alpha brah.

I don't get it. Why didn't she scream for help at the top of her lungs for 30 mins on the balcony? I spent 15 years living in high rises in surfers paradise and it's very densely populated. She would have the police arrive within minutes

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the victim is dead and unable to explain her actions but GT is alive and well. If Warriena was assaulting him and wrecking his furniture as he claims, why not call the police? He chose to punish her and listening to the recording pretty much explains why.

GT could have collected Warriena's belongings and chuck them out the door and no doubt, she would have left with them. Not a great end to the night, but GT claims to have had 150 plus conquests, I'm sure he knew how to handle a 'situation'. JMO

Bohemian
Yesterday, 10:11 PM#1228
Talk to teh tail 'cawz teh earz ah not listenin'

Warriena's only serious 'assault' was to GT's fragile psyche (ego) not his physical being on that fateful night, in my opinion. If you have done even a little online sleuthing that much is obvious. I believe it is the overriding reason for his disproportionate and irrational act of physical aggression toward her.
Last edited by Bohemian; Yesterday at 10:22 PM.
Warriena said he sounded like a *advertiser censored****! That would blow a slow burning fuse like GT, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE