Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing with the Cars thread...

BS owned a 1999 Maroon Ford Fairlane, he also had a white van with his company name printed on the front.

I have listened to the Lia Harris Podcast entitled "Strikeforce".

BS was a POI in 2015.

The FGM contacted BS from an advertisement in the local paper to attend to her faulty washing machine.

In BS's words, through a YouTube video he posted online, he attended the FGM' s house on Tues 9th Sept and then fitted the spare part on Thur 18 Sept. He said he did not visit the area of Beneroon drive in between those dates.

Reporters, reporting on the WT case said they saw BS's white van driving slowly past where they were stationed in the days following WT's disappearance. The van was easily identified by the logo on the front.

Continuing with the Cars thread...

BS owned a 1999 Maroon Ford Fairlane, he also had a white van with his company name printed on the front.

I have listened to the Lia Harris Podcast entitled "Strikeforce".

BS was a POI in 2015.

The FGM contacted BS from an advertisement in the local paper to attend to her faulty washing machine.

In BS's words, through a YouTube video he posted online, he attended the FGM' s house on Tues 9th Sept and then fitted the spare part on Thur 18 Sept. He said he did not visit the area of Beneroon drive in between those dates.

Reporters, reporting on the WT case said they saw BS's white van driving slowly past where they were stationed in the days following WT's disappearance. The van was easily identified by the logo on the front.
Do you have a link about BS van driving slowly past? Or is there a mix up about later reports when he was identified as a POI, a search was going on at "the ghost road" and he was photographed driving on that road which was the main road from where he lived at the time to The Pacific highway? If he came back on the 18/12/14, how was there washing, drying on the line in the MFC's walkthrough days before, I wonder?

The Land Rover in the drive way which PS saw, was possibly the new 2014 Grey-green Land Rover discovery - owned by the FP. As the fosters arrived after 9pm on Thur 11th, the timing may be a bit off. Not too many Land Rovers on our roads though - and new ones would attract attention.

William Tyrrell’s birth family felt under suspicion for five years

JWSleuth put together a good post of the 'other' different cars (excluding PS & BS & family vehicles) that you might be interested in.

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Do you have a link about BS van driving slowly past? Or is there a mix up about later reports when he was identified as a POI, a search was going on at "the ghost road" and he was photographed driving on that road which was the main road from where he lived at the time to The Pacific highway? If he came back on the 18/12/14, how was there washing, drying on the line in the MFC's walkthrough days before, I wonder?

BS' van was seen parked on Benaroon Drive among search vehicles. It was reported on 19th Sept 2014. Referenced in this post by Tootsie.

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

I would imagine that some reporters saw his van slowly driving past them as he was headed to that location.

I can answer your 1st question ! The quote about BS driving slowly is in Lia Harris's podcast - "Strike Force" - by Lia Harris. I would quote a time frame on that recording if I could but my options are pause and play.. It's a very simplistic interface.

I think you mean 18th Sept, which was in the post you quoted.

And, yes I agree that it would be the Ghost Rd search.

I can answer your 1st question ! The quote about BS driving slowly is in Lia Harris's podcast - "Strike Force" - by Lia Harris. I would quote a time frame on that recording if I could but my options are pause and play.. It's a very simplistic interface.
I'll have a listen. I apologise, about BS being at Benaroon Dr. after the walkthroughs. It was the same day. My bad.

Former foster mum of William Tyrrell is facing a fresh charge
William Tyrrell’s foster mum is facing a fresh charge, separate to the assault of a child charge she and her estranged partner pleaded not guilty to last year.
-.-.-
The fresh charge is expected to be addressed in conjunction with existing matters.

Medical material was to be filed and served for the woman by April 8, with both parties to return to court later that month.

Neither the child who police allege was assaulted nor the couple can be identified for legal reasons, while non-publication orders also restrict media reporting on the nature of the allegations.

bbm

Missing toddler William Tyrrell's grandfather dies | Daily Mail Online

I was listening to the Lia Harris podcast last last night - the episode entitled "Two Families".

It was interesting to learn that LT was taken into short term foster care at 3 months old. She had several short term placements before being placed with the foster family we know. WT was taken into foster care at 9 months old.

When the BF and BM learnt that WT was to be taken into foster care - they hid at the GF's home for 7 weeks. (This is the BM's father. )

I had never heard a biological grandfather mentioned up until this point in time.

It was also interesting to hear that the FM could not identify anyone in the blue/green vehicle which did a U-turn at the top of Beneroon drive - when the children were riding their bikes. The FM said she saw the car for about 10 seconds. There were no details of what the driver looked like - she could not see anyone.

She said LT stopped riding her bike and watched the car.

Where did the I.D of the driver come from that has been discussed so much on WS ? I have seen it printed in MSM articles - many times. This information is from episode 1 of the podcast.

bbm

That I find strange. A little girl, who lives in Sydney and certainly is used to see many cars every day, stops bike-riding and has interest in one car near her grandma's home? Maybe, the car or the driver looked familiar to L and she wondered about seeing it in Kendall??

I've often wondered about that truck driver and I hope the police actually did speak to him (not about the Camry driver, but about his own movements). From what he told Ray Hadley, it sounded like the Camry driver did nothing more than park where he, Peter the truck driver, had either planned to park or did park. But by pointing to the Camry with suspicion he was able to divert all attention away from himself. Or maybe he was just trying to be helpful.

Paraphrasing what I think Peter the truck driver said or meant:
- after sleeping overnight at the Clybucca truck stop, he had driven south along the Pacific Highway before taking the exit to Kew about 9 am
- he'd planned to park near the hotel in Kew, but because there was a black Camry already parked there he drove on through the roundabout, past a corner service station on the left, and parked in the bus zone on Kendall Road, Kew
- he was waiting for a call from his contact to make arrangements to pick up a machine to take it to Silverdale (NSW?)
- 30 minutes later the Camry drove along and parked in front of him
- 45 minutes later (or was it 45 mins after he first got there?) Peter's contact told him to "Go into KenDELL, wait for us there." (Note that Peter kept pronouncing the name of the town as "Ken-DELL", instead of the way I think the media pronounces it, "KEN-dle", which strikes me as a bit strange unless there are other people who also pronounce it that way?)
- in Kendall I think Peter probably parked near the Kendall Community Op Shop, alongside the cars parked at the curb (Note that if this is correct then his truck might have been visible in the CCTV images from the former Kendall Tennis Club in Graham Street, which was just across the road)
- 10 or 15 minutes later the Camry drove up and parked at the shop, and a "a well-built lady: black shorts, black top, blonde - walked into that shop"
- Peter drove out of Kendall at about 11:30 or 12 noon. He didn't say where he went to get the machine, or what sort of machine it was.

At a minimum, IMO Peter would have been worth talking to because he'd been sitting on the main road to or from Kendall for more than an hour that day, first in Kew and then in Kendall, around the time that William went missing. He told Ray that his dashcam was turned off, so that's unfortunate, but maybe he saw something or heard something?

- from about 06:06 in the audio file at:
"Ray Hadley: Desperate search for missing boy", 2GB, 16 Sep 2014
Sorry, I'm late, but I thought until today, the thread was closed. :)

bbm
Apropos the lady in a black Camry:
Do we know, where the lady came from, who took a role as a "family speaker"?? Did she drive a car and was she present in Kew/Kendall early on (too early)?
Do we know, if the FM's sister was thoroughly cleared, who allegedly was picked up by FM at an airport? Is she a blonde?

Knowing the nature of the common assault charge will be a key to this case- depending on how severe it is, it could be a key piece of information. Could it highlight potentially what the FP are capable of, in relation to the WT case. Could be an aspect of their character.
Outsiders don’t know what goes on behind closed doors, or be very surprised of what seemingly normal people can do.
Not saying either way, it’s OMO….but can divulge some behaviours that may be telling. Mental health issues shouldn’t come into it when looking after young children imo

Interesting idea, JLZ. I'd assumed FFC was talking about the first day, but in fact the clip doesn't mention anything like that.

There's a transcript by organised_chaos in thread 63, post 897 and I think someone else might have done one too? And I heard a few words a bit differently so I'm having a go as well:

From a video "Tyrrell's foster mum describes her desperate search for missing boy" (0:22) in the article "'This is ridiculous. He's not down here': William Tyrrell's foster mother describes her desperate search for the missing three year old to police in never before seen video shot days after his disappearance", Daily Mail Australia, 27 March 2019

FFC: "... a semi-trailer coming down really fast and I've pulle--I--he think--he thought I pulled over cause he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over
Police: Hm-mm.
FFC: [continuing] but I pulled over cause I've just got my head out the window looking for William.
Police: Hm. Hm.
FFC: And then I drive really slow on [bleeped], get to the riding school and I just think 'He's not here'.
Police: Yeah.
FFC: And then I bring the car back up [pauses] and I just run out and I look for him again, ..."

Just based on a statement by MFC at the inquest, I think FFC was probably only out searching on the first day. But maybe that's not what MFC meant:

"I searched every day," [MFC] told the court. "My wife and my mother-in-law were at the house with (William's sister)."
- William Tyrrell’s foster dad searched bushland for days, News.com.au, 27 March 2019
FFC speaking (also writing, as far as I remember) in present tense confuses me again. Did she learn in school, that changing to present tense for part of a story increases tension? :confused: Or does it promise to sound much more true, if told this way? :confused:

Knowing the nature of the common assault charge will be a key to this case- depending on how severe it is, it could be a key piece of information. Could it highlight potentially what the FP are capable of, in relation to the WT case. Could be an aspect of their character.
Outsiders don’t know what goes on behind closed doors, or be very surprised of what seemingly normal people can do.
Not saying either way, it’s OMO….but can divulge some behaviours that may be telling. Mental health issues shouldn’t come into it when looking after young children imo

I think we'll find that it is not so severe.
We cannot overlook the mental health issues, considering what these people - including William's sister - have been through in the last 7+ years.

As posted before, the magistrate doesn't seem to want this issue linked to William's case. There must be a reason for that. The magistrate is the one who knows the details.

imo

Magistrate Robyn Denes ..... 'These allegations are not the most serious the criminal courts see by any stretch.'
'In every court in New South Wales there are matters not dissimilar to the complaint raised here. in fact, only last week I dealt with a far more serious allegation in relation to a five-year-old child.'
William Tyrrell's foster parents Sydney faces court Hornsby assault of a child | Daily Mail Online

Investigators are considering common assault charges after a child was allegedly identified with bruising.
https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/avo...t/news-story/15319a36838a7b2f8b2d26fbacb9528b

Last edited:
I think we'll find that it is not so severe.
We cannot overlook the mental health issues, considering what these people - including William's sister - have been through in the last 7+ years.

As posted before, the magistrate doesn't seem to want this issue linked to William's case. There must be a reason for that. The magistrate is the one who knows the details.

imo

Magistrate Robyn Denes ..... 'These allegations are not the most serious the criminal courts see by any stretch.'
'In every court in New South Wales there are matters not dissimilar to the complaint raised here. in fact, only last week I dealt with a far more serious allegation in relation to a five-year-old child.'
William Tyrrell's foster parents Sydney faces court Hornsby assault of a child | Daily Mail Online

Investigators are considering common assault charges after a child was allegedly identified with bruising.
https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/avo...t/news-story/15319a36838a7b2f8b2d26fbacb9528b

Point taken….but if the assault charges are not very severe, why has the child been taken from them, haven’t returned and the police deemed it severe enough for 2 charges?
IMO there’s been some form of distrust in treatment or unhappiness in the living conditions, I have no doubt relevant authorities would’ve asked the child if they wanted to leave the foster family.

There was also another vehicle described as a dark green/greyish coloured sedan police are interested in.

The vehicle drove past Benaroon Drive as William was riding his bike on the driveway around 9am and performed a u-turn.

The other vehicle in question is a four-wheel-drive that is said to have exited Benaroon Drive around the time William disappeared. A four-wheel-drive was later seen driving at speed in the Kendall area.

William Tyrrell: Police seek information on two cars | audio, video
It was seen leaving Beneroon Drive ???

Point taken….but if the assault charges are not very severe, why has the child been taken from them, haven’t returned and the police deemed it severe enough for 2 charges?
IMO there’s been some form of distrust in treatment or unhappiness in the living conditions, I have no doubt relevant authorities would’ve asked the child if they wanted to leave the foster family.

If you google "foster child removed" you will see there are many reasons why a foster child may be removed.

A foster child was removed because they weren't of the same heritage as their foster parents, another was removed because the foster parents were moving away from the local area and away from the relative agency, another was removed because the child's conduct was unmanageable.

I believe it was stated in MSM that BS' kincare children were removed due to high publicity and pending charges against BS.

I imagine the child in question was removed for similar reasons, but who knows?

The child has rights that are outlined for them in a booklet (there are two booklets designed for foster children, according to age range and level of understanding, that explain to them their rights, their responsibilities, and who they can speak with).

I doubt we will ever know the ins and outs of the AVO - and speculation will run rife - because the child is (presumably) a foster child and therefore the child's privacy is protected by the law.

imo

Last edited:
Can 18+ year old former foster children go public with their experiences? Or are they under an NDA or something like that for life?

Not implying anything about the FPs, actually this is more of a general pondering about the whole ordeal for William's sister. When she comes of age will she be able to go to the media if she chooses?

Can 18+ year old former foster children go public with their experiences? Or are they under an NDA or something like that for life?

Not implying anything about the FPs, actually this is more of a general pondering about the whole ordeal for William's sister. When she comes of age will she be able to go to the media if she chooses?

I'm not a lawyer, but reading the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 - my guess would be she would have to be 25 to be identified as the child, not sure about ID'ing herself - IMO

View - NSW legislation

(1AA) The name of a child or young person who is or has been under the parental responsibility of the Minister or in out-of-home care must not be published or broadcast in any form that may be accessible by a person in New South Wales, in any way that identifies the child or young person as being or having been under the parental responsibility of the Minister or in out-of-home care (however expressed).
Note—
Identifying the child or young person as being or having been a foster child or a ward of the State, or as being or having been in foster care or under the parental responsibility of the Minister, or in the care of an authorised carer, are all examples of identifying the child or young person as being or having been in out-of-home care.
(1A) The prohibition in subsection (1) or (1AA) applies to the publication or broadcast of the name of the child or young person concerned until—
(a) the child or young person attains the age of 25 years, or
(b) the child or young person dies,
whichever occurs first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads