Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting SA, that in this article it says they searched the lake after a tip off to police.

I wonder who gave that tip off? I guess it's possible an accurate tip off and they just couldn't find him.

But I guess also highlights the point that long term followers of the case have made: that tip offs can lead to absolutely nothing.

The tip off was that a local man (he was later named) saw a white van disappear into the bush in the Queens Lake area, a few hours after William disappeared. He thought it was Spedding's van.

Spedding said it couldn't have been him as he was at a footy presentation - someone much later supplied photos to prove he was there.

They found some bones during that search, but they were animal bones.

I don't know if they ever found out whose van it was, that was seen.

Last edited:
It is possible IMO, that the FFF Charges for the alleged two counts of "knowingly providing false and misleading evidence" are totally separate to the alleged charges of "assault".

The foster father, whose identity cannot be revealed for legal reasons, was charged by Detective Lonergan in January this year with two counts of 'knowingly provide false and misleading evidence'.

The charges were only revealed on Wednesday following a revision of non-publication orders surrounding the case.

Whereas, the alleged assault charges of a child that is not William, were laid in November, 2021.

William's foster father and foster mother, 56, were charged in November 2021 in relation to the alleged assault of a child who is not William Tyrrell.

Confusion about the two separate categories of charges being related, could arise from both the NSW CC hearing occurring in November, 2021, and the initial alleged assault charges, also being laid in November, 2021.

The 55-year-old, who detectives claim has 'lied about something we can prove', gave the allegedly false evidence to the secretive NSW Crime Commission late last year.

The foster father testified for up to two hours after being secretly summonsed to appear at the NSWCC Surry Hills headquarters on November 11.

William Tyrrell's foster father charged by Unsolved Homicide squad detectives | Daily Mail Online

All IMO and speculative.

Last edited:
I also find it really interesting, and am wondering if Strikeforce Rosanne and possibly the Coroner are seeking some additional assistance from the NSW Crime Commissioner himself??? Hence the CC Hearing, in order to accomplish that?? ALL IMO

Michael Barnes commenced his appointment as the NSW Crime Commissioner on 24 August 2020.

From 2017 to 2020 Michael served as the NSW Ombudsman, where he oversaw the restructure of the organisation, the appointment of a new executive, and the launch of a new 5-year strategic plan.

Over the preceding 10 years Michael had first served as the inaugural Qld State Coroner and then (from January 2014) the NSW State Coroner. In these roles, Michael presided over numerous high profile and contentious inquests such as those investigating the death of Daniel Morcombe, the deaths arising from the sinking in the Torres Strait of the Malu Sara, the Lockhart River air crash, the deaths connected with the Pink Batts program, the death of Philip Hughes, and the Lindt Café siege.......

Commissioner Michael Barnes — NSW Crime Commission

I also found this interesting ...... Perhaps the Coroner is getting close to referring William's case to the DPP.......????? (purely my own speculation)

I just found the following definition in the most recent NSW CC Annual Report.....
One of the "Functions" of the NSW CC:

to assemble evidence that would be admissible in the prosecution of a person for a relevant offence arising out of any such matters and to furnish it to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP)

Page 11
nsw-crime-commission-annual-report-2020-2021.pdf

There is an awful lot evidence after 7 plus years, to go thru, to find all of the "admissible" evidence...if they are considering charging a person in relation to William's case IMO.

I have never had a problem with the ‘surprise’ as this is something I have done before and many others that I know. I guess it’s being spontaneous, and it’s her mother who probably didn’t mind.
I have always kept an open mind about this case, but from as early as I knew the movements of the foster father that day, I felt it was at the very least uncanny. That he leaves for his VC, William disappears pretty much in that gap of time, he returns not long after. That’s the part for me that I come back to.

I thought I had read somewhere (on this very long stack of threads!) that she hadn't seen her mother for a very long time, that it wasn't usual for them to visit. If this is the case it might be a bit more odd

I thought I had read somewhere (on this very long stack of threads!) that she hadn't seen her mother for a very long time, that it wasn't usual for them to visit. If this is the case it might be a bit more odd

There have been a few others find that odd as well. Why do you find odd about it Pheme

It is possible IMO, that the FFF Charges for the alleged two counts of "knowingly providing false and misleading evidence" are totally separate to the alleged charges of "assault".

The foster father, whose identity cannot be revealed for legal reasons, was charged by Detective Lonergan in January this year with two counts of 'knowingly provide false and misleading evidence'.

The charges were only revealed on Wednesday following a revision of non-publication orders surrounding the case.

Whereas, the alleged assault charges of a child that is not William, were laid in November, 2021.

William's foster father and foster mother, 56, were charged in November 2021 in relation to the alleged assault of a child who is not William Tyrrell.

Confusion about the two separate categories of charges being related, could arise from both the NSW CC hearing occurring in November, 2021, and the initial alleged assault charges, also being laid in November, 2021.

The 55-year-old, who detectives claim has 'lied about something we can prove', gave the allegedly false evidence to the secretive NSW Crime Commission late last year.

The foster father testified for up to two hours after being secretly summonsed to appear at the NSWCC Surry Hills headquarters on November 11.

William Tyrrell's foster father charged by Unsolved Homicide squad detectives | Daily Mail Online

All IMO and speculative.

From that DMO article:

William Tyrrell's foster father was charged by two detectives from the Unsolved Homicide team with knowingly giving false and misleading evidence.

One of the officers is a senior detective in the strike force investigating the missing toddler.

I think the bits that I bolded above, if correctly reported by the DMO, tend to tie the charges to the WT case.

IIRC, she said she hadn't visited her mother at Kendall since her father's funeral. He died in Feb 2014. William was reported missing on 12 September 2014.

While you can argue that the Nsw Crime Commission deals with homicides (they do, but generally only in regards to organised crime), they definitely don't deal with common assault. That is just so far out of their wheelhouse.

Hi Elouise, yes I understand the function of the NSW Crime commission. We don’t know the nature of all the questioning though. We don’t know the angle of the questioning. We don’t know if all questions are looking for direct answers to Williams disappearance. We don’t know if the alleged assaults (although not related to William) have been used within any questioning to paint a particular picture or prosper a scenario/theory to what may have likely happened to William. We don’t know if the FF is telling the truth about the alleged assault when asked, and so thus indeed could cast a shadow on his credibility regarding matters relating to William.
There are many ways to state a case.

This case has baffled us for many years and the fact that NSW Police and the NSW Crime Commission are still pursuing the FP's on various matters says a lot to me. I do not think they would be throwing the vast amount of time and resources at this unless they have some solid information. Many people will be shocked IMO once all of the jigsaw pieces are put together.

IIRC, she said she hadn't visited her mother at Kendall since her father's funeral. He died in Feb 2014. William was reported missing on 12 September 2014.
But IIRC, her mother had spent much of that time staying with the other siblings, after her husband's death. So it might not be that odd that the Fparents did not visit at that time.

This case has baffled us for many years and the fact that NSW Police and the NSW Crime Commission are still pursuing the FP's on various matters says a lot to me. I do not think they would be throwing the vast amount of time and resources at this unless they have some solid information. Many people will be shocked IMO once all of the jigsaw pieces are put together.
I wish I could agree with you, that they wouldn't throw time and resources at someone without solid evidence. But the Spedding debacle and the public accusations made about a few others, doing not fit with that statement,. JMO

Its feels to me that they realised that they had never fully investigated earlier theories, about the child falling from the balcony, etc. So they are making a last ditch effort to see if they can shake anything out. I feel like they made a calculated effort to go after the F family, and although they apparently found nothing during the digs and searches and forensics of the cars, etc, they are trying to pressure them and shake them up, in order to get confessions.

I really want more info about the AVO and about FF's alleged mistruths before I throw them under the bus. JMO

If you interrogate ANYONE, 8 years after a traumatic event, you can catch them in inconsistencies and mistruths if you want to. JMO

But IIRC, her mother had spent much of that time staying with the other siblings, after her husband's death. So it might not be that odd that the Fparents did not visit at that time.

That seems logical, especially if the other 3 siblings were closer to Kendall.

I don't read anything untoward into the 7 month gap.

If you interrogate ANYONE, 8 years after a traumatic event, you can catch them in inconsistencies and mistruths if you want to. JMO

True, but the media reports it as "two counts of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence at a hearing".

Knowingly being the key word, and the aspect of the allegation which would need to be proven in court.

When she said she hadn't visited her mother at Kendall, maybe she was only referring to visiting her mothers Kendall home, as opposed to visiting Kendall at all during that period.

True, but the media reports it as "two counts of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence at a hearing".

Knowingly being the key word, and the aspect of the allegation which would need to be proven in court.
Right, but that is just LE speak that is used in the process of bringing forth the charges. And we do not know if he is guilty of 'knowingly' giving false evidence or not. That is what the trial is for. JMO

Right, but that is just LE speak that is used in the process of bringing forth the charges. And we do not know if he is guilty of 'knowingly' giving false evidence or not. That is what the trial is for. JMO

Definitely, hence my reference to court. It is up to the prosecution to make out their case based on the evidence and for the judge or jury to determine guilt or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel