Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall ever seeing a pic of them together. Can you remember where or when?

Or was it a side-by-side done by MSM with 2 different photo's?

I recall one photo of PS beside a photo of Frank Abbott. Talk about guilt by association, media style.

Here it is: William Tyrrell: Frank Abbott's phone conversations with a priest revealed | Daily Mail Online

Added to # 914.

OK so just a side by side, I thought you meant together - phew that would have been a whole different story.

I don't think that makes either of them look, how do I say, any more guilty, it's just a side by side.

I'm not sure what you mean Underbelly when you say "whatever happened on that day was unlikely"? All I was pointing out was that when considering probabilities (as per published statistics), it is more likely that William died in the hands of his carers (from many possible causes) than he was abducted by a random stranger. Both options are still possible, but the former scenario is more probable. And there will always be cases (like CS') that defy the statistics. That's why we talk in terms of probabilities not certainties
I'm suggesting that something such as William being taken by a stranger could have happened, but some people seem to have ruled that out because something else is more likely. Hopefully the cops aren't thinking that way, although they do have a history of target fixation.

I’m not sure- but my point was the special reward still stands when previous POI’s have been named and investigated and no one gave the sufficient evidence to lead to the reward.
Hopefully one day, it does.

The reward didn't stand when BS was named a POI, nor some of the other earlier POI's, so not really relevant. I'm not so sure about PS I would have to look it up, but again he wasn't mentioned as a POI until GJ's trial.

Ok , so say the FF came out today ( against court orders mind you ) & told the world who they are, where they live, their occupations, their family tree etc what would that change??

I just don't get the whole hatred towards them for not being named publicly :rolleyes:

Is it because people can't throw their pitch forks at them publicly??

From what I have observed ( yes I know who they are, I know what they look like ) & IMO they are just a normal suburban couple who tried to give children a better life IMO

I would hate to see how much more they would have suffered ( & I believe they have truly suffered alot from groups / people who do know their identity & where they live etc ) who have gone to great lengths to do harm to them IMO

Hypothetically, what would your reaction be if they are in fact guilty? Obviously a lot has to happen before this is the case, but one train of thought is that it is possible they have come across this way to deflect. The fact that LE has actively been investigated them and laid other charges along the way does seem to reflect they have suspicions.

You have to admit, it’d be one of the greatest lies ever if so. All hypothetically of course. Only mentioning it because the FFM is a POI

Ok , so say the FF came out today ( against court orders mind you ) & told the world who they are, where they live, their occupations, their family tree etc what would that change??

I just don't get the whole hatred towards them for not being named publicly :rolleyes:

Is it because people can't throw their pitch forks at them publicly??

From what I have observed ( yes I know who they are, I know what they look like ) & IMO they are just a normal suburban couple who tried to give children a better life IMO

I would hate to see how much more they would have suffered ( & I believe they have truly suffered alot from groups / people who do know their identity & where they live etc ) who have gone to great lengths to do harm to them IMO
Feeling all warm and fuzzy about these people doesnt change whats occured.

-William went missing on their watch
-FFC has been outed as lying to the investigation. Now charged
-MFC has been outed as lying to the investigation. Now charged.
-Other foster child has been removed from their care.
-FFC + MFC charged with assulting said child.
-FFC+ MFC charged with stalking and intimidation.

Have I missed anything? seems plenty to me.

How are these folk deserving of the warm and fuzzy accolades being distributed around?

Feels like Rosann is really starting to have a clear direction finally.
The truth is coming.....William will see justice....I can feel it!!!

moo

edited to add. did miss something else....FFC now openly LE POI #1

Last edited:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/t...ws-story/65a0ecde5f265bf69beacef17bdfc066?amp

Paraphrased from above article

I noted in this article that it reports that their was no evidence found of William from the FGM house or the bush they searched back in the end of 2021

I read that in another article today, as well. From ABC News.

Investigators did not find anything of note during a new search of bush, about a kilometre from the Benaroon Drive property where William was last seen, late last year.
William Tyrrell's foster-mother charged with giving false information to Crime Commission

The interesting thing about FA reportedly not having an alibi, is that he claimed to have one with his daughter.

I happened to stumble on the story he told his pastor/protector this evening. (I noticed it because I forgot where the daughter thing came from.)

Should have been easy enough for the police to follow that up, and rule him in or rule him out. But it seems he was ruled in (judging by the two searches that were done of the area around where he lived).

Another thing I was reminded of from this article is that FA didn't go to church on the Sunday after William disappeared. Which I presume was unusual because the pastor mentioned it.
And that he said he was in Wauchope. But didn't he drive RP for his dialysis?

Abbott told the pastor he was in Wauchope on the day William disappeared.

"He started morning off at the shop, doing whatever duties, a shop in Wauchope, I’ve never been there. He met up with his daughter, then they went to the Uniting Church [for lunch]," Mr Parish said.

He did not attend the monthly church service two days after William's disappearance because he was visiting a sick relative, the inquest heard.

William Tyrrell inquest: Pastor helped paedophile get bail, court told

The public perception generated by masked/blurred photographs and videos and suppressed identities is that these people must have something to hide. Fodder for media and (presumably) hell for the parties.

I have been away since the CSK case and came back to post something about missing woman Revelle Balmain then this discussion caught my eye because I was catching up on the case and it related to something I was thinking about.

One of the issues I see with the anonymity of the FPs is that it stopped other people from coming forward about them if they knew something. I don't mean friends and family; I mean someone who may have seen something. This is not to presume that there was something to be seen. But in cases like this, usually parents are known, and POIs have their pictures published, often with the specific request for people to come forward if they have seen something.

I'll use the example of a car. What if a person had seen one of the cars they used to take a trip out that morning that has never been mentioned? It might have been a tourist who spotted it on a main road. But they have no chance of knowing that if they have no information about the people or their car. Or what if one of the FPs went somewhere and did something odd a year after the investigation and someone saw them? They won't know what they have been looking at to come forward. Not that I am suggesting, of course, that these actually happened, just that they're plausible situations where the investigation may have missed things as a result of the anonymity.

Yes, it would have meant probably thousands more tips, but that's what happens in these cases.

It doesn't matter to me who they are per se; but the pictures and information about their vehicles was IMO important.

I have been away since the CSK case and came back to post something about missing woman Revelle Balmain then this discussion caught my eye because I was catching up on the case and it related to something I was thinking about.

One of the issues I see with the anonymity of the FPs is that it stopped other people from coming forward about them if they knew something. I don't mean friends and family; I mean someone who may have seen something. This is not to presume that there was something to be seen. But in cases like this, usually parents are known, and POIs have their pictures published, often with the specific request for people to come forward if they have seen something.

I'll use the example of a car. What if a person had seen one of the cars they used to take a trip out that morning that has never been mentioned? It might have been a tourist who spotted it on a main road. But they have no chance of knowing that if they have no information about the people or their car. Or what if one of the FPs went somewhere and did something odd a year after the investigation and someone saw them? They won't know what they have been looking at to come forward. Not that I am suggesting, of course, that these actually happened, just that they're plausible situations where the investigation may have missed things as a result of the anonymity.

Yes, it would have meant probably thousands more tips, but that's what happens in these cases.

It doesn't matter to me who they are per se; but the pictures and information about their vehicles was IMO important.

There are definitely restrictions with it. I don't think anyone here would disagree with that.

But there's not much anyone can do about it. It is the ruling of FACS, and the Supreme Court, and the Coroners Court. Whether we like it or not, I'm afraid.

I don't know if the FACS portion still stands (if they are no longer foster parents and it won't affect the minor child), but the Coroners Court ruling still stands at this point in time.

Kids and pets look at the face and not the camera.
That's true, yes. I wonder how he could have been looking up at her face at that angle while she was also physically taking the picture (the camera was much lower and down to the side)? Unless she has a go-go gadget arm or had the camera on a long stick that she was holding down at her side? Otherwise, IMO, it would have been quite difficult to achieve. I also wonder why she felt the need to explain the odd angle of the photo in the 2015 60 Minutes interview with Michael Usher when he hadn't asked her about it. This struck me as unusual. All MOO of course!

There are definitely restrictions with it. I don't think anyone here would disagree with that.

But there's not much anyone can do about it. It is the ruling of FACS, and the Supreme Court, and the Coroners Court. Whether we like it or not, I'm afraid.

I don't know if the FACS portion still stands (if they are no longer foster parents and it won't affect the minor child), but the Coroners Court ruling still stands at this point in time.
Well yes, of course! I'm not advocating for people to break it so the information gets out there. I was just offering my thoughts on this issue.

Having said that, there was a solution at the beginning if police were so inclined. They could have had FACS remove the sister from the FPs and then apply to have the standard suppression lifted so they could reveal William had been in foster care (which almost certainly would have been granted in the public interest as it was subequently). With the foster situation able to be revealed and no child still in their care, there was no reason they couldn't have then been named.

I am assuming the decision was made not to do that due to the impact on William's sister being worse that way than staying with those FPs and remaining in an environment that connected her to her brother. I do wonder if investigators question that now, not just because of what has apparently happened, but if they also feel there were gaps in the initial investigation relating to the FPs.

ETA: It is my understanding that it remains in place due to the fact that the AVO and some of the charges relate to a child, as well as the Coroner's ruling. There has been some commentary that once the AVO and assault charges are finalised and the FACS authority is gone, police may apply to have the Coroner lift that ruling.

Last edited:
<modsnip> IMO. I'll wait for the official outcome.

BTW. Has the ground underneath PS's new pool ever been dug up? Just curious, as his wife was backing out about that time. IMO.

Not sure, but i predict there will be some demolition works occurring at the former foster carers previous place of residence very soon. If there's not already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting to wonder whether the police actually expected to find William’s remains during the searches at the former FFC's mother's house and the bushland beside Batar Creek Rd at all? It's a horrible thought but perhaps this was a strategic search to thoroughly satisfy the Coroner that William was not in any of these places and hence they could request a search warrant for the former foster carers' previous home (ie the one they lived in when William disappeared and which they did extensive renovations to in the months following his disappearance)? MOO and just trying to understand the actions of the NSWPOL. Although, that said, perhaps it was more the case that they were simply looking for something which was allegedly thrown out a car window (like clothes, shoes or, heaven forbid, a weapon etc) as was reported in the Daily Mail last year. JMO.
William Tyrrell: Police dig up Kendall riding school site in search for missing boy | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member