Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Whatever happened on that day was unlikely. For example, how many foster parents cover up after a child has an accident and dies (one of the going theories)?

“In a statement released on Thursday, NSW police said the woman was charged with knowingly giving false or misleading evidence.

Guardian Australia understands this occurred at a hearing before the NSW Crime Commission – a body that works alongside police to investigate serious crimes.”

William Tyrrell’s foster mother charged with giving misleading evidence

This one apparently does.

BBM. Whatever happened on that day was unlikely. For example, how many foster parents cover up after a child has an accident and dies (one of the going theories)?

Any theory or scenario would be unlikely IMO, but still, the one real story has happened.
I’m glad the investigation is continuing so William can be finally respected and put to rest

So if the evidence after 7+ years does not indicate a cover up, what else could it indicate in regards to a theory around the FFC and FGM?

In light of the recent allegations towards the FC’s of intimidation, common assault, lying and possible mental illness, I feel very angry towards DOCS that it is only recently that Williams sister was removed from their care. Seven years after William disappeared, DOCS gave the FC’s the benefit of the doubt, despite them being the last to see him. Despite the fact that the FM had complained to the Case worker that she was having difficulty coping with Williams behaviour and despite the fact that William’s biological mother was concerned about William losing weight, being bruised and withdrawn at her last visit with her son. The FC’s were supported and protected by FAC’s and Jubelin. Finally the FC’s true colours are shining through in my opinion and I hope they get their just deserts! I also hope that eventually, the biological mother sues DOCs.

Perhaps, but I was asking if the police had ever directly connected FA to William. You have answered my question, and the answer is "no". Any speculation about FA is just that - speculation. Speculation based on nothing more than hearsay.

Any speculation about anyone is just that - speculation. And there has been plenty of it.

I'm not sure what you mean Underbelly when you say "whatever happened on that day was unlikely"? All I was pointing out was that when considering probabilities (as per published statistics), it is more likely that William died in the hands of his carers (from many possible causes) than he was abducted by a random stranger. Both options are still possible, but the former scenario is more probable. And there will always be cases (like CS') that defy the statistics. That's why we talk in terms of probabilities not certainties
The statistics indicate probabilities before anything is known about a case. As soon as you introduce extra information about the individual case, the probabilities change. Just what the probabilities are now after everything we've learned over the years is a matter of opinion.

In light of the recent allegations towards the FC’s of intimidation, common assault, lying and possible mental illness, I feel very angry towards DOCS that it is only recently that Williams sister was removed from their care. Seven years after William disappeared, DOCS gave the FC’s the benefit of the doubt, despite them being the last to see him. Despite the fact that the FM had complained to the Case worker that she was having difficulty coping with Williams behaviour and despite the fact that William’s biological mother was concerned about William losing weight, being bruised and withdrawn at her last visit with her son. The FC’s were supported and protected by FAC’s and Jubelin. Finally the FC’s true colours are shining through in my opinion and I hope they get their just deserts! I also hope that eventually, the biological mother sues DOCs.

I agree, if it turns out that one of the foster carers was responsible, a grave travesty has occurred by leaving his sister with them for so many years and FACS have a serious case to answer.

Perhaps, but I was asking if the police had ever directly connected FA to William. You have answered my question, and the answer is "no". Any speculation about FA is just that - speculation. Speculation based on nothing more than hearsay.
Not really , alot of evidence was heard at the inquest, by many witnesses , about FA.

How do you think FA became an "interested party " at the inquest that was held into the disappearance of William Tyrrell?

Katy, if you read the study, it is talking about the higher risk of death of children in foster care while in foster care. ie while under the care of their foster carers. This is not bias, this is the result of a scientific study - something entirely different to bias.
I just went and read the study itself. It does not come to the conclusion that some may think it does. Here are some excerpts:
Children in foster care 42% more likely to die than children in general population

“Children placed in foster care endure a number of disadvantages, both because of the maltreatment they have endured and other risk factors associated with their placement, including poverty, parental drug and alcohol abuse, neighborhood disadvantage, and epigenetics. Therefore, it is perhaps unsurprising that children in foster care experience more depression/anxiety, ADHD, and behavioral/conduct problems than children living with two biological parents and children living with never-married biological single mothers,” Kristin Turney, PhD, of University of California, Irvine, and Christopher Wildeman, PhD, of Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, wrote.

SO< ALTHOUGH MORE KIDS DIE WHILE IN CARE, it does not conclude that the caregivers are the main reason for the child mortality rates. The kids come into care with health deficits, and in spite of the caregivers, the children may still have problems from early childhood.

I agree, if it turns out that one of the foster carers was responsible, a grave travesty has occurred by leaving his sister with them for so many years and FACS have a serious case to answer.
And if it turns out that neither of them were, their lives have been ruined by malicious rumours. IMO

Last edited:
Not really , alot of evidence was heard at the inquest, by many witnesses , about FA.

How do you think FA became "interested party " at the inquest that was held into the disappearance of William Tyrrell?

I'm still not aware of any evidence released by police that directly links FA to William. Just because he was a known paedophile in the area who liked to involve himself in conversations about interesting business is neither here nor there. There were lots of paedophiles in the area. He may very well be responsible of course, but since the last we heard was that the former FFC was the sole POI and Strike Force Rosann are spending a lot of time and effort focussing on the former foster carers IMO the police mustn't have much to suggest FA was involved. But, we will all wait and see.

I'm still not aware of any evidence released by police that directly links FA to William. Just because he was a known paedophile in the area who liked to involve himself in conversations about interesting business is neither here nor there. There were lots of paedophiles in the area. He may very well be responsible of course, but since the last we heard was that the former FFC was the sole POI and Strike Force Rosann are spending a lot of time and effort focussing on the former foster carers IMO the police mustn't have much to suggest FA was involved. But, we will all wait and see.

I don't actually think it has ever been said that FFC was the 'sole' POI - although journalists words have intimated that. It has, however, been said:
"their focus is on one person of interest."
William Tyrrell focus turns to one person, car seized in Sydney

Which IMO doesn't mean 'sole' or 'only' it's the way investigations work. Adding to that, Laidlaw has been known to say that 'nobody' has been cleared. So take it with a grain of salt to mean whatever you determine, as will I.

Agreed- there is no doubt FA in light of what he is in jail for is a (insert bad person word here), but that is totally irrelevant if they can’t place him in a situation to take William.
For all we know LE have thoroughly investigated this, found no correlation and have therefore moved on to other lines of enquiry.
And those current lines of enquiry may yet be still to be played out, but this is the play by LE at the moment and worthy of discussing it.

WHO ARE THE PERPETRATORS?

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/fatality.pdf

in 2019:
29% of the murders were perpetrated by the mother, acting alone.

14% by the father acting alone.

22% by 2 parents acting together

16% by non family caregivers or kin

4% unknown perps

[the remainder % unsolved]

So according to these statistics in 2019 , 67% of murdered children were killed by their parents.

And 16% were killed by caregivers.

The car, at least. There is some doubt about whether RP would have been in a condition to be travelling around the day after his hospital admission.
I think he would have been fine to drive, he had regular dialysis 3 times a week. It was part of his life.

We heard so much evidence of him driving from many witnesses, usually with FA by his side & his little dog

IMO quite a few if the press knows where to find them and photograph them, along with people driving by etc.

AFAIK I haven’t seen many press articles not abiding by suppression orders. Only the names remaining on court listings which has now been deleted.
They could of course come out like BS did and personally address the situation. Personally I’d find that it could help as you can put a face to a name

I just went and
WHO ARE THE PERPETRATORS?

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/fatality.pdf

in 2019:
29% of the murders were perpetrated by the mother, acting alone.

14% by the father acting alone.

22% by 2 parents acting together

16% by non family caregivers or kin

4% unknown perps

[the remainder % unsolved]

So according to these statistics in 2019 , 67% of murdered children were killed by their parents.

And 16% were killed by caregivers.

Yes, that's right Katy. So 83% of children who are murdered are killed by someone who was close to them and supposed to be caring for them. It is much more uncommon that a child is murdered by a complete stranger. We need to remember these statistics when discussing William’s case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo