Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
Little William would still have been learning how to control his bike, and maybe not up to being confident enough to crashing it. JMO
Agree, he was only three! Same as climbing a tree, for goodness sake, what parent puts a three year old in a tree and expects him to climb? The FM clearly had no idea what the child’s limitations were. I believe that she was too old and too out of touch to be fostering a little exuberant boy of three.

As for deliberately crashing it into something, the thing that comes to my mind is that he has been described as a pretty active kid and his foster grandmother described him as 'full of beans ... jumping out of his skin with energy' on the morning he went missing.

Little kids deliberately crash into things with their bikes. It's what they do. We are so busy telling them to not ride into the road, that they enjoy crashing into/onto other things instead.

Perfectly normal. imo

Little kids deliberately crash into things with their bikes. It's what they do. We are so busy telling them to not ride into the road, that they enjoy crashing into/onto other things instead.

Perfectly normal. imo

imo if a child sat in a corner and did absolutely nothing that’s when you’d worry.
I had a visiting 5 yr old pick up a brick and threw it though my glass door right in front of all the parents.

No therapist was called and we certainly did not blame his parents.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

imo if a child sat in a corner and did absolutely nothing that’s when you’d worry.
I had a visiting 5 yr old pick up a brick and threw it though my glass door right in front of all the parents.
yes agree. But I would worry if a parent encouraged that child to throw that brick. Likewise if a parent encouraged a child of 3 years to climb a high tree. Really doesn’t make sense to me. No empathetic parent would push such a young child out of their comfort zone IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes agree. But I would worry if a parent encouraged that child to throw that brick. Likewise if a parent encouraged a child of 3 years to climb a high tree. Really doesn’t make sense to me. No empathetic parent would push such a young child out of their comfort zone IMO.

It's interesting you raise this. I have listened to pretty much every interview with the FM and she has always come across to me as very unempathetic and making it all about her, and also as though she owned/owns William. I've had to turn interviews off and come back to them later I have found it so grating. I find her extremely unpleasant. I can see how she would have done things that demonstrate a lack of empathy.

It does not mean she is guilty of anything, of course.

I’ve never read that William was pushed out of his comfort zone into the tree, have you a link on that please?

Unlike our daughter our boy was crazy boisterous on our rural farm. I put him in trees, on the back of our dog, the old grey mare, he even steered the tractor-mower.
I always held him doing these things.
William was a suburban child who most probably was wide-eyed at everything at once & that’s all good.

It’s sad to think he was having a good time until…..

Last edited:
I
It's interesting you raise this. I have listened to pretty much every interview with the FM and she has always come across to me as very unempathetic and making it all about her, and also as though she owned/owns William. I've had to turn interviews off and come back to them later I have found it so grating. I find her extremely unpleasant. I can see how she would have done things that demonstrate a lack of empathy.

Agree. As a mother, usually (and not always) a mother is so in tune with the needs of her child. So protective of where the child’s limitations are. Even as a dog owner, I am protective of my dogs and protective of them. I would have instinctively known that some of my kids were frightened of climbing trees where as others were daring and needed supervision.

I

Agree. As a mother, usually (and not always) a mother is so in tune with the needs of her child. So protective of where the child’s limitations are. Even as a dog owner, I am protective of my dogs and protective of them. I would have instinctively known that some of my kids were frightened of climbing trees where as others were daring and needed supervision.

Oh I’m protective but you’ve got to see where your child’s limitations are.

Introduce a 3 yr old to the tree and if he’s interested put him there, hold him and if he cries take him down.

That’s not cruel imo.
Throwing a 3 yr old into the deep end of a pool to see if he cries is cruel but to hold him and walk him in isn’t cruel.
Anyway.

JMO, but maybe William had just lost control of his bike.
Why would FFC have found it necessary to tell the LE that William had crashed his bike into the garden 'on purpose'?
Was she questioned by LE about garden damage on that first day?
Was it because it would have been obvious to LE that the shrub in the garden had been recently damaged?

JMO, but maybe William had just lost control of his bike.
Why would FFC have found it necessary to tell the LE that William had crashed his bike into the garden 'on purpose'?
Was she questioned by LE about garden damage on that first day?
Was it because it would have been obvious to LE that the shrub in the garden had been recently damaged?

Here’s one to ponder for you. Maybe he went barrelling down the hill and into PS garden.

Yeehaah!
Yes, we even have sleuthed that.

E84D3803-D592-4D76-AD08-932887741015.jpeg

Yes, unfortunately for FM, I found her a bit of an unlikeable character. And therefore I've regularly switched off from the podcasts as I too find it grating.

But, I'm sure many people find me to be a bit grating and I've never committed any crime.

But it may go someway to explaining peoples suspicions of her.

Yes, unfortunately for FM, I found her a bit of an unlikeable character. And therefore I've regularly switched off from the podcasts as I too find it grating.

But, I'm sure many people find me to be a bit grating and I've never committed any crime.

I think people's suspicions of her may in part be due to the charges, AVO and removal of child from her care, just quietly.

But looking back to before that, I really challenged myself on it. I too could very well come across as unlikeable and grating so I'm not inclined to judge someone for that, and I usually don't. So I kept asking myself why this was really affecting me - such as if it was the Lindy Chamberlain effect. I eventually compared it to Joanne Lees (in the Peter Falconio case). Now, I found Joanne to be extremely grating and unlikeable, but I never found her unempathetic, and I could also understand where she was coming from on things and why she may have come across the way she did.

The lack of empathy and placing herself at the centre of everything and also as William's sole "mother" is what specifically bothered me. It's different to just unlikeability and I could overlook unlikeability as just not my cup of tea as a person. Those things bother me even more now in light of the recent developments.

And look, I realise this could come across as very gender-biased. The reason I have focused on FM rather than FF is because (a) we barely hear from him so I don't have any real read; (b) as far as we know he was not around when William went missing; and (c) she has been named as the POI. Obviously in the recent situation he is in the same boat, and it will be interesting to see if the things they are accused of are of the same level.

Absolutely painful to listen to. I’ve turned off some podcast episodes when I first listened to it (which was long before the latest search in November last year) as it was driving me batty. Sounds very controlling and adds details unnecessary imo.
Agree that it’s one of the reasons so many people are thinking there’s more to her story.
Of course, there’s more to an investigation of someone whether or not they grate your goat

From the first time I listened to her police walk-through video, I have had difficulty believing her, and that difficulty only grew in subsequent videos of her on TV programs.

There is something about the way she talks that triggers my 'BS' detector, much the same way as it is triggered by a used car salesman.

I don't know if that is because she may be trying too hard to be believable in those videos, or if that is how she normally talks.

It would be handy to hear from someone who knows her well if that is her normal style, or something new.

Yes, I didn't mean her perceived likeability (or lack of) was the only reason for peoples suspicions of her (there's the charges for one), just that I don't think the way she comes across in these interviews helps her cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member