Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been some type of organised crime that the FF has been involved in unrelated to William?

of course. But the Crime Commission doesn't routinely involve themselves in ~normal~ murders, only those associated with organised crime*.

The only thing I can think of is if the police do suspect the foster carers, then the money they've raised through the Where's William campaigns might be seen as a 'proceeds of crime' situation, and the Crime Commission does have under its purview, the recovery of assets of crime. Running a campaign to raise money to help find a child you'd murdered would be fraud.

I'm writing hypothetically here and am not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just putting that forward as maybe where the police are going with all this.

*yes there are other cases eg cases where there has been a police inquiry

Good point about the proceeds of crime angle.

If the FCs stopped cooperating with NSWPOL, the NSWCC may have been utilised to compel one or both of them to talk.

JMO

I wonder why it is though that he has been charged by the unsolved homicide detective who is involved in Williams case?

Bill Spedding was charged with his alleged historical child abuse offences by Strike Force Rosann detectives.
Those charges were unrelated to William's case.

Arrested by Homicide Squad’s Strike Force Rosann at his home yesterday, Spedding was taken to Port Macquarie police station where he was quizzed at length.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/l...e/news-story/a52cda83f169ea75909b13c39c353d19

Bill Spedding was charged with his alleged historical child abuse offences by Strike Force Rosann detectives.
Those charges were unrelated to William's case.

Correct. However it was when he was one of the main suspects in Williams disappearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also curious why Daily Mail is showing pictures and referencing TJ. A previous poster had a theory that WT may have have been handed over to someone, all of which was prearranged.

Please post a link to that.

Correct. However it was when he was one of the main suspects in Williams disappearance.( my apologies to South Aussie - this was not meant to have been inserted to the quote above.

So, you don't think that applying pressure to the POI's (FM) husband would simultaneously apply pressure to the FM?

Thanks. It seems the DMO has published every picture they have of Det Sgt Andrew Lonergan.

'Two days?' Magistrate Moody responded, 'two days is a lot of time to ask for and we are very, very tight in the (court) diary.

'That does not look a two day matter to me.

'Sergeant, do you agree with that?,' the Magistrate asked the police prosecutor, 'How many witnesses are there for the defence?'

Pity we don't get to know the response to that question.

Thanks. It seems the DMO has published every picture they have of Det Sgt Andrew Lonergan.

'Two days?' Magistrate Moody responded, 'two days is a lot of time to ask for and we are very, very tight in the (court) diary.

'That does not look a two day matter to me.

'Sergeant, do you agree with that?,' the Magistrate asked the police prosecutor, 'How many witnesses are there for the defence?'

Pity we don't get to know the response to that question.

I imagine that FD's high flying lawyer is going to go through every word of that 2 hour interview, and of the secret recordings, and form their defence/proof of not guilty to the alleged "lying/misleading" charges.

I followed what Barry Morphew's (another case) high flying lawyers did - in a prelim hearing - with the recorded evidence against BM. Some of these lawyers are meticulous in their depth of research and finding the possible anomalies.

And the defence lawyer has already indicated that she wants a 2-day trial as there are time-consuming recordings she wants the court to hear.

I wish we knew if FD was charged as an allegedly "lying/misleading" witness, or as an allegedly "lying/misleading" respondent.

Last edited:
So, you don't think that applying pressure to the POI's (FM) husband would simultaneously apply pressure to the FM?
Yes I do think SouthAussie. There shouldn’t have been a question mark in my statement. it was in response to a poster and others that is questioning the connection between the alleged mistruths by the FF to the NSW crime commission and William Tyrell case. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

It’s my understanding that it’s the FFFC who has been named as the POI ( not FFMC ) .

in consideration of your question tho SA, I personally do think ‘applying pressure’ to ‘associates’ of a POI could be considered as worth a try, for any numbers of reasons. Eg, said ‘associate’ may perhaps knowingly or unknowingly be aware of vital information that could potentially be ‘dislodged’; said ‘associate’ may have been covering for POI & may see wisdom in coming clean / encouraging POI to come clean - that’s my thoughts

Motive, I think: FM felt completely overwhelmed with raising the little boy. If she had said the truth, her husband (who was William's loving dad, afaik) might have turned away from her, and that she feared. So, maybe FGM had an idea for help and wanted to manage the disappearing of the "little devil". FGM knew a lot of men in her area, who were married men with partners and families, but also partly involved in pedo affairs. I believe, FGM asked one of these men for help. She couldn't have asked a woman.

FM must not necessarily have known details of the disappearing, but was grateful for her mother's help perhaps. I can imagine, FM had to be there in Kendall at Benaroon Drive for a certain time (suddenly on early Friday morning), William had to be dressed with something red from shoulder to feet and had to play outside - maybe FM didn't know any more (or she did). FGM had the plan and was leading from behind. She didn't love him very much, I believe, and she didn't care, what would happen to him later.

Alive or not: Idk, if little W is alive or not. Might be, he is. Hopefully he is not alive for being the "toy" of any man.
All IMO and MOO
So to clarify, the theory is that Foster mother and Foster grandmother decided to give their 3 yr old child to a pedophile, so they didn't have to care for him anymore?

That is hard for me to believe.

It’s my understanding that it’s the FFFC who has been named as the POI ( not FFMC ) .

in consideration of your question tho SA, I personally do think ‘applying pressure’ to ‘associates’ of a POI could be considered as worth a try, for any numbers of reasons. Eg, said ‘associate’ may perhaps knowingly or unknowingly be aware of vital information that could potentially be ‘dislodged’; said ‘associate’ may have been covering for POI & may see wisdom in coming clean / encouraging POI to come clean - that’s my thoughts

I think this is what in fact going on. I think it’s entirely possible that there are others that we may not know about who have also been summonsed by the NSW crime commission as well that know the FM.
I think anything right now is possible because this case historically has grasped at straws - to no end.
It is entirely possible that detectives are considering alternate theories to how William went missing, in relation to the POI. We should brace ourselves for this IMO. But it could be more grasping at straws.

So to clarify, the theory is that Foster mother and Foster grandmother decided to give their 3 yr old child to a pedophile, so they didn't have to care for him anymore?

That is hard for me to believe.

I agree this is hard to believe. It is very very hard to believe any of the theories thus far regarding a potential involvement by the FM in Williams’ disappearance.
Everything about this is hard to believe. IMO.

I agree this is hard to believe. It is very very hard to believe any of the theories thus far regarding a potential involvement by the FM in Williams’ disappearance.
Everything about this is hard to believe. IMO.

We have been conditioned to the idea that William was abducted by a pedophile that brazenly walked on that property and took him for over 7 years. It takes a while for some to get their head around this new information and direction of the investigation.

My own personal opinion is that trying to make sense of an opportunistic abduction was next to impossible. However, this new information is sounding more logical to me.

Just to throw in also, the information that has become public during the inquest that GJ was aware of but continued to publically pursue other persons makes me angry. As a NSW citizen, I feel duped.

All just my opinion.

We have been conditioned to the idea that William was abducted by a pedophile that brazenly walked on that property and took him for over 7 years. It takes a while for some to get their head around this new information and direction of the investigation.

My own personal opinion is that trying to make sense of an opportunistic abduction was next to impossible. However, this new information is sounding more logical to me.

Just to throw in also, the information that has become public during the inquest that GJ was aware of but continued to publically pursue other persons makes me angry. As a NSW citizen, I feel duped.

All just my opinion.

You make a really valid point about how we may have been conditioned.
I think in earlier days I thought it was a very possible scenario that he was opportunistically taken, what with some of the history that belied some of the POIs in the past.
I would find it implausible that he was murdered by the FM, given away by the FM, that he fell and she hastily picked him up and hid his body.
I find if anything like that did happen implausible that the man she shares her life with would have no knowledge.
I find it implausible that in the time the FF left and returned for a video conference that this all happened- completely and utterly astonishing.
All my own opinion.

EXCLUSIVE: William Tyrrell's foster dad faces possible two years in jail if found guilty of lying in secret crime commission hearing - as his VERY glamorous lawyer insists on lengthy trial
William Tyrrell's foster dad faces prison if guilty - as glamorous lawyer demands lengthy trial | Daily Mail Online

The 55-year-old has engaged lawyer Carly Hydes, ranked among the top rising stars in NSW criminal law two years ago, who has insisted on a full two-day hearing to defend him.

The couple has been described by friend, 2GB radio broadcaster Chris Smith, as 'professional people from a comfortable part of Sydney'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18