Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes lm aware of that. It seems that is BM telling this story, l tried to find confirmation from FACS and couldn’t find anything. Either way we were discussing concerns about bruising and that wasn’t reported.

Bruising on a young child should always be taken very seriously. Whether or not it was or wasn’t deliberate or reported, the allegation he sustained bruising is of utmost importance. Children can’t defend themselves if it’s found out to be deliberate, and scare them for life imo

which im sure would have been distressing to hear and any concerns bio mum had would have most likely been aired then

sorry this was supposed to follow on from the post regarding williams mother hearing from facs about the bruise before her visit

Last edited:
Bruising on a young child should always be taken very seriously. Whether or not it was or wasn’t deliberate or reported, the allegation he sustained bruising is of utmost importance. Children can’t defend themselves if it’s found out to be deliberate, and scare them for life imo
Oh come on. If I'd been taken to a doctor for every bruise it would have been several times a day, every day.

Sorry if this has been discussed before ...

Apparently the foster parents were planning on adopting William and his sister. LT would be approx 12 y.o. now and would have a say in whether she wished to be adopted. Even if the fosters had only applied for "sole responsibility", it seems they would need the consent of a 12 y.o. child.

Who is required to give consent to adoption?
For children under the parental responsibility of the Minister, their individual family circumstances will determine whose consent is required.

The consent of the birth parents and the Minister is required when:

• the child is under 12 years of age, or
  • the child (age 12-18) has been in the care of the prospective adoptive parents for less than 2 years, or
  • the child (age 12-18) is deemed to not have sufficient maturity to give consent.
The consent of the child is required if the child is aged 12 years or over and is deemed to have sufficient maturity to give consent.

Sole parental responsibility

Authorised carers now have the option to apply for sole parental responsibility for children and young people who have been in their care for two years or more.

Under legislation proclaimed in March 2004, a sole parental responsibility order gives you most of the powers and responsibilities which, by law, parents have in relation to their children. You could make long-term decisions for the child or young person and decide for yourself about their best interests without the need to consult with the designated agency.

A sole parental responsibility order is a long term order intended to last until the child or young person is 18, and is aimed at increasing their sense of stability. The order requires the consent of the birth parents and the child or young person if they are over 12.
Thank you Sillybilly.

Oh come on. If I'd been taken to a doctor for every bruise it would have been several times a day, every day.

I get your point, and yes I copped bruises a lot too, from playing etc. But what I’m saying is if the FFC’s have been charged with multiple assault charges on another child, the first child is missing, and the FFFC is a POI I’m saying the stories of bruises need further investigation as it could reveal further assaults or miss treatment IMO. If not, it was investigated and ruled out.

Someone mentioned in the thread that two stories seemed to be circulating about how the black eye happened. Climbing up on foster father? Missing boy William Tyrrell's doomed life

OR

He had been climbing up as the foster mother was having a cup of tea with a friend and had fallen on a piece of furniture.

Privileged life of William Tyrrell's foster mum haunted by final photo

I would consider that a mix up by the Journalist. Both examples were that he was climbing up on one of the fosters. If you take into consideration all of the misreporting in regards to William IMO it is a mistake. Mind you I don't know which is correct but I would say the one regarding the FM.

I would consider that a mix up by the Journalist. Both examples were that he was climbing up on one of the fosters. If you take into consideration all of the misreporting in regards to William IMO it is a mistake. Mind you I don't know which is correct but I would say the one regarding the FM.
Falling over and hitting the coffee table is completely different from climbing up on the FF and falling down IMO.
Totally different stories.

Falling over and hitting the coffee table is completely different from climbing up on the FF and falling down IMO.

I think the point is, William was said to be 'climbing up' in both versions. And both versions came from the exact same person ... Ben Atwood (or Attwood, depending on which journo got it right).

1. Ben Atwood calls William's birth mother to say the boy has a black eye, sustained when he is climbing up on the foster father and lost his balance and fell.

2. Mr Attwood had warned the birth mother before the visit that William had a black eye.
He had been climbing up as the foster mother was having a cup of tea with a friend and had fallen on a piece of furniture.

Missing boy William Tyrrell's doomed life

I think the point is, William was said to be 'climbing up' in both versions. And both versions come from the exact same person ... Ben Atwood (or Attwood, depending on which journo got it right).

1. Ben Atwood calls William's birth mother to say the boy has a black eye, sustained when he is climbing up on the foster father and lost his balance and fell.

2. Mr Attwood had warned the birth mother before the visit that William had a black eye.

Thanks, he’s listed 2 occurrences then.

That’s not to say anything was deliberate, but there’s 2 instances of these accidents occurring. In light of recent charges imo it would be worth checking out again and if they don’t find anything, they rule it out.

Climbing up and fell. In one he was climbing while FFC was drinking tea. Not said what he climbed on, presume on FFC. Fell onto a piece of furniture. In the other he climbed on MFC. Not said what he fell onto and no mention of tea. In neither was it said that he "fell over".

Thanks, he’s listed 2 occurrences then.

That’s not to say anything was deliberate, but there’s 2 instances of these accidents occurring. In light of recent charges imo it would be worth checking out again and if they don’t find anything, they rule it out.

I don't think so. There seems to be only one incident, reported in 2 slightly different ways.

As far as I am aware, there have been two bruises reported.

One was William's black eye.
The other was the sister's bruise, 7 years later.

Last edited:
I don't think so. There seems to be only one incident, reported in 2 slightly different ways.

As far as I am aware, there have been two bruises reported.

One was William's black eye.
The other was the sister's bruise, 7 years later.

<modsnip>

In the link it states the FM in one instance and the FF in the other

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

In the link it states the FM in one instance and the FF in the other

In both articles, the incident was reported to BM right before her last visit with William (presumably when the case worker was making arrangements with her for the access visit). Same incident.

In both articles, the incident was reported to BM right before her last visit with William (presumably when the case worker was making arrangements with her for the access visit). Same incident.

I think a link to an article explaining that they are same incident is needed imo. It’s guess work what we’re doing here of disregarding what has actually been stated.
The problem is that there are so many articles that are written that we have to take as been factually correct, because they are published by the msm, as per the link to the story in your last post <modsnip>

Three articles a day apart, all reported to BM by social worker prior to last visit in August, 2 say FM one says FF - which is correct?

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/bf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58
William’s mother said a Salvation Army worker who supervised her visits with the boy called her to confirm their meeting and told her he had a black eye.

According to her statement, he said the incident occurred when the boy was “climbing up on” his foster father and “lost his balance”.

“When I saw William at the Macquarie Centre I could still see a faint bruise near his eye,” his mother said.

William Tyrrell's birth mother told son had 'black eye' just before final contact visit | Daily Mail Online
Two days after William went missing, his biological mother recalled in a police statement that she had been told her son had fallen and gotten a black eye after losing his balance clambering on top of his foster mum.

'(The case worker) said that William was climbing on the female foster carer and he had lost his balance and fell and that was how he got a black eye.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...ws-story/3ac9b3f7bf60d5679776e86a10f55ecb?amp
She was detailing her last recollections of William from the supervised contact visit she had with him on August 21, at Chipmunks play centre at Macquarie Park.

“Just before then (a social worker) called me to confirm the visit and he also told me William had a black eye,” she told police.

“He said William was climbing on the (foster mother) and he had lost his balance and fell and that was how he got his black eye.

“When I saw William … I could see a faint bruise under his eye.”

Do all of these reported "climbing" incidents give any credit to the current investigative theory that William could have climbed over the High Balcony and fallen accidentally???
JMO

Three articles a day apart, all reported to BM by social worker prior to last visit in August, 2 say FM one says FF - which is correct?

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/bf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58
William’s mother said a Salvation Army worker who supervised her visits with the boy called her to confirm their meeting and told her he had a black eye.

According to her statement, he said the incident occurred when the boy was “climbing up on” his foster father and “lost his balance”.

“When I saw William at the Macquarie Centre I could still see a faint bruise near his eye,” his mother said.

William Tyrrell's birth mother told son had 'black eye' just before final contact visit | Daily Mail Online
Two days after William went missing, his biological mother recalled in a police statement that she had been told her son had fallen and gotten a black eye after losing his balance clambering on top of his foster mum.

'(The case worker) said that William was climbing on the female foster carer and he had lost his balance and fell and that was how he got a black eye.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...ws-story/3ac9b3f7bf60d5679776e86a10f55ecb?amp
She was detailing her last recollections of William from the supervised contact visit she had with him on August 21, at Chipmunks play centre at Macquarie Park.

“Just before then (a social worker) called me to confirm the visit and he also told me William had a black eye,” she told police.

“He said William was climbing on the (foster mother) and he had lost his balance and fell and that was how he got his black eye.

“When I saw William … I could see a faint bruise under his eye.”

Much appreciated for the links. They say he fell after climbing on the foster mum.
However this one mentions the FF.

Ben Atwood calls William's birth mother to say the boy has a black eye, sustained when he is climbing up on the foster father and lost his balance and fell.

My reasoning for clarity is that it there are 2 differing stories, could there be a cover up? Could there be 2 stories for a reason? All imo, I’m not saying there is but worthy of investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper