Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police all believe different things. Lonergan has already admitted there is no evidence .... " I would have charged her with more offences if I could have proved it".

imo

Who believes different things? Each different detective?

I think it would be incredibly foolish of the Detective to state this belief if it was just an opinion.

Aside from the potential ramifications on any future court case involving WT, the FP’s have shown a willingness to sue.

I think it would be incredibly foolish of the Detective to state this belief if it was just an opinion.

Aside from the potential ramifications on any future court case involving WT, the FP’s have shown a willingness to sue.

Yes, I don't think it was a smart thing to say. He was being drawn by FM's barrister, according to the SMH article I posted.
He said that in response to John Stratton's questions.

I think the police are divided in their opinions, and always have been. That hasn't changed.

I agree with SA - it is his opinion, he doesn't have any evidence. Just like other's who have the opinion that they don't have anything to do with William's disappearance.
Opinions differ.

Can I ask - when have the FP's shown a willingness to sue? Who have they sued?

deleted
I forgot about this one:
A different recording of SD on the phone to her husband captured her telling him she had hit the girl with the wooden spoon “not even two minutes after you left”.

I agree with SA - it is his opinion, he doesn't have any evidence. Just like other's who have the opinion that they don't have anything to do with William's disappearance.
Opinions differ.

Can I ask - when have the FP's shown a willingness to sue? Who have they sued?
This is another example of opinions here ... this post is with regard to Gary Jubelin drawing a conclusion ... without any evidence: Just saying .....
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Now I have always defended the FP's , but this is extremely disturbing:

The audio begins with a female voice, possibly of the girl, saying, 'I am calling the police' and then a child screaming 'no' and crying, panting and

In the conversation after the incident Snr Sgt Asaad told the court, the foster mother told her husband, 'she’s been hit really hard with that wooden spoon. She’s going to have massive welt on her leg.'
Then there is the sound of a possible slap and the foster mother ordering the child, 'Stand up. Stand up'.

The child said 'no, please no, Nooooooo' and the being told to 'Sit down. Sit.'

The court was played a subsequent conversation between the foster mother and foster father in which he says, 'Oh that's not good. We've got a problem. We've got a big problem.'

in the daily mail

Stunning moment top cop declares in court William Tyrrell's foster mother 'knows where the missing toddler's body is' in massive development in Australia's most high-profile missing person case​

This is another example of opinions here ... this post is with regard to Gary Jubelin drawing a conclusion ... without any evidence: Just saying .....
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Jubes couldn't find any evidence that FM was involved.
Rupp couldn't find any evidence that FM was involved.
Laidlaw apparently hasn't found any evidence that FM was involved.

They all have things that they don't like about POIs. Things that they can't prove. Any of them.

imo

Now I have always defended the FP's , but this is extremely disturbing:

The audio begins with a female voice, possibly of the girl, saying, 'I am calling the police' and then a child screaming 'no' and crying, panting and

In the conversation after the incident Snr Sgt Asaad told the court, the foster mother told her husband, 'she’s been hit really hard with that wooden spoon. She’s going to have massive welt on her leg.'
Then there is the sound of a possible slap and the foster mother ordering the child, 'Stand up. Stand up'.

The child said 'no, please no, Nooooooo' and the being told to 'Sit down. Sit.'

The court was played a subsequent conversation between the foster mother and foster father in which he says, 'Oh that's not good. We've got a problem. We've got a big problem.'

in the daily mail

Stunning moment top cop declares in court William Tyrrell's foster mother 'knows where the missing toddler's body is' in massive development in Australia's most high-profile missing person case​

Thank you. And here's the link: William Tyrrell foster mother 'knows where his body is', cop claims

The SMH article says DS Lonergan's response (about the intention of the FM's charges) was a little different from how News.com is reporting.

SMH says that when Lonergan was asked if the charges were meant to extract info about William's disappearance, Lonergan said "Of course! Our main objective is to find out what happened to William."

If that is what he said, he may have just provided grounds for a lawsuit. Isn't that why Spedding is suing the State of NSW? Malfeasance of Prosecution.

The SMH article says DS Lonergan's response (about the intention of the FM's charges) was a little different from how News.com is reporting.

SMH says that when Lonergan was asked if the charges were meant to extract info about William's disappearance, Lonergan said "Of course! Our main objective is to find out what happened to William."

If that is what he said, he may have just provided grounds for a lawsuit. Isn't that why Spedding is suing the State of NSW? Malfeasance of Prosecution.

its disjointed.
sounds cut and paste journalism to me. :rolleyes:
There’s no doubt <modsnip> defence team is all over this. To be expected really.. That’s their job.
It’s LEs job to find out what happened to W and to bring him home and make no doubt about it Websleuthers W IS coming home.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s no doubt <modsnip> defence team is all over this. To be expected really.. That’s their job.
It’s LEs job to find out what happened to W and to bring him home and make no doubt about it Websleuthers W IS coming home.
William is coming home? How do you know that? This hearing had nothing to do with William

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it shows how badly the Foster Care system needs more foster carers.

There is just nowhere for them to place these children.

I posted an article recently about their desperate need for more foster carers. How too many children are being housed in motels and such. One boy was still not placed with foster carers after a year.
I think it shows quite Cleary that the current system in place has failed on too many levels to protect innocent and vulnerable children. No child should be taken from their mother until every avenue of support has been exhausted. If that requires more money more qualified staff more recourses more training then great let’s go. I know where I would prefer my taxes to go

'She was given an opportunity to give her evidence at the Crime Commission where she could tell the truth and she wouldn't be punished, as in charges'.

IMO Big BIG BIG mistake if FM does actually know what happened to William, to pass up an offer equivalent to a Section 61 at a Coroners Court …

'She was given an opportunity to give her evidence at the Crime Commission where she could tell the truth and she wouldn't be punished, as in charges'.

IMO Big BIG BIG mistake if FM does actually know what happened to William, to pass up an offer equivalent to a Section 61 at a Coroners Court …
Do you take that to mean she wouldn't be charged over William?

Yes, I don't think it was a smart thing to say. He was being drawn by FM's barrister, according to the SMH article I posted.
He said that in response to John Stratton's questions.

I think the police are divided in their opinions, and always have been. That hasn't changed.

Ah okay so a division where some think FM involvement and others don’t, gotcha.

It’s really frustrating. I really hope the detective hasn’t jeopardised anything by making such blatant comments.

And if that certain why haven’t there been any arrests? If you know the how why when and who, what exactly are they waiting for?

For them to offer this to her, then surely they must think it was an accidental death?

Laidlaw apparently hasn't found any evidence that FM was involved.
We don’t actually know what Laidlaw knows???
For them to offer this to her, then surely they must think it was an accidental death?
Yes, it does read that way ….IMO

The court heard that when Det Sgt Lonergan and another police officer who interviewed the foster mother, Sgt Scott Jamieson, told the foster mother that they knew how and why William disappeared.

Mr Stratton said the foster mother had been told ' we are not saying you hurt him' and then Sgt Jamieson said, 'we know how it happened, we know why it happened, we know where he is'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewpcg77