Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if that certain why haven’t there been any arrests? If you know the how why when and who, what exactly are they waiting for?

The onus on the prosecution is always to convince the jury that the accused is guilty of the charge(s) beyond reasonable doubt.

My guess is that Strike Force Rosann has not (yet) assembled a strong enough case to convince the DPP that prosecution is viable.

I thought it meant she wouldn't be punished for assaulting the child (the girl, not William).
I take it to mean a full reprieve for anything that was said to NSWCC, as they are not a Court .… But I guess we don’t really know …

They may have offered it to close the case, if they have other evidence, as has been suggested …

Just IMO

We don’t actually know what Laidlaw knows???

Yes, it does read that way ….IMO

The court heard that when Det Sgt Lonergan and another police officer who interviewed the foster mother, Sgt Scott Jamieson, told the foster mother that they knew how and why William disappeared.

Mr Stratton said the foster mother had been told ' we are not saying you hurt him' and then Sgt Jamieson said, 'we know how it happened, we know why it happened, we know where he is'

Jamieson said they know everything but now Lonergan says the main objective was to find out what happened to William. No bluffing at all.

The court heard that police believe William accidentally fell from the balcony of his grandmother’s home on the mid-north coast and [FFC] drove his body to nearby bushland in her mother’s car and disposed of it.

It's interesting that they still adhere to the balcony fall scenario.

During the phone call, the foster mother is heard saying: "She locked me out of the house."
A male voice then replies: "That's not good … we've got a problem, we've got a big problem."

That's when he thinks they have a big problem?!

I take it to mean a full reprieve for anything that was said to NSWCC, as they are not a Court .… But I guess we don’t really know …

They may have offered it to close the case, if they have other evidence, as has been suggested …

Just IMO
If immunity included regarding William, I wouldn't have accepted it in the course of the crime commission hearing. I'd want the offer in writing, negotiated through my lawyer.

In the conversation after the incident Snr Sgt Asaad told the court, the foster mother told her husband, 'she’s been hit really hard with that wooden spoon. She’s going to have massive welt on her leg.'

Good grief! This woman is considered to be a suitable foster carer? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So on the record, officially, as of today, at least one policeman believes the FFFC is the main suspect in WT's disappearance. That is after a search for evidence and WT's remains last year. Was it a bluff by police or do they have this evidence and evidence of her driving to this site. What else would the DPP need? A confession?

So on the record, officially, as of today, at least one policeman believes the FFFC is the main suspect in WT's disappearance. That is after a search for evidence and WT's remains last year. Was it a bluff by police or do they have this evidence and evidence of her driving to this site. What else would the DPP need? A confession?
To find William???

I am not sure this case will ever be resolved until he is found… but JMO
A confession would help ….

If immunity included regarding William, I wouldn't have accepted it in the course of the crime commission hearing. I'd want the offer in writing, negotiated through my lawyer.
Yes totally agree, FM would have had a lawyer present at that hearing … and you would definitely need it written and signed off at the highest level…

The Australian includes a quote today, that seems as though it may have been a possibility …. .?????

The court was told that during the conversation, the foster mother was told: “You will have to live with it. Today is the day you make a decision for William.

Article is paywalled.

IMO

To find William???

I got the impression from the search site last year that WT may have transformed into particulate matter which may only be identified by doing dna testing. They may have that if the detective was going into detail today about where he believed the FFFC disposed of WT. Was she offered a deal prior to giving evidence at the NSWCC? If so then the search had not even been done then had it? Would she have had an outburst on the official FB page about WT being exploited and a new suspect in the case if she had already been to the NSWCC and recently talked with detectives who had accused her of concealing WT? my thoughts only.

Last edited:
I got the impression from the search site last year that WT may have transformed into particulate matter which may only be identified by doing dna testing. They may have that if the detective was going into detail today about where he believed the FFFC disposed of WT. my thoughts only.
Yes agree…. That is what was implied …. Sadly…

I still have hope his little body (or some bones… as much as I hate typing that) will be somewhat preserved somewhere … most likely a false hope, on my part ….
imo

Ah okay so a division where some think FM involvement and others don’t, gotcha.

It’s really frustrating. I really hope the detective hasn’t jeopardised anything by making such blatant comments.

And if that certain why haven’t there been any arrests? If you know the how why when and who, what exactly are they waiting for?
Yes a confession Slouth .. I’ll keep praying for one
To find William???

Mr Stratton suggested the detective had formed "a false belief" that the defendant knows where the body of William Tyrrell is.

"I've formed the view that [the defendant] knows where William Tyrrell is," the witness replied.

Could it be an assumption that the detective is referring to WT's body in these articles? In the pursuit of the FFFC could he have come to the belief recently that WT is still alive? Is there anything in MSM in other articles that particularly quotes the detective coming to the belief that he thinks the FFFC knows where WT's body is?

We don’t actually know what Laidlaw knows???

<RSBM>

We know that no evidence was found of William at 'the corner of Batar Creek Road and Cobb & Co Road' or in that vicinity for quite a ways.
We know that the no-one has been charged for the disappearance of William.
We know they have charged the foster parents in two separate ways for the same alleged crime of assault 7 years later (not sure that twice was necessary in tying up the courts).
We know they have charged the foster parents with auction fraud.
We know that is all they could find, because " I would have charged her with more offences if I could have proved it".

If Lonergan knows these things, then Laidlaw would know them. imo

The onus on the prosecution is always to convince the jury that the accused is guilty of the charge(s) beyond reasonable doubt.

My guess is that Strike Force Rosann has not (yet) assembled a strong enough case to convince the DPP that prosecution is viable.
Might be waiting for the Coronial inquiry

The assault of the child took place in January 2021:

Dramatic audio was also played in court of audio of a ten-year-old child - who is not William - crying and yelling out 'no, no, nooooo' as she was allegedly disciplined with a wooden spoon in January 2021.
William Tyrrell foster mother 'knows where his body is', cop claims

It seems police didn't bring the assault to the attention of DCJ, presumably because they did not want to give up their covert operation; the fosters weren't charged with the assault until late in 2021. imo.

The taskforce did not notify the Department of Communities and Justice about the alleged assault of the child because police were monitoring the home and the children in it, he said. The court did not hear when the department was informed.
Police told William’s foster mother ‘we know where, we know how, we know why’

It seems the child was not removed from the home until almost a year after the recorded assault:

It was also revealed a child had been removed from the care of William’s foster parents and was placed in an alternative care arrangement last Thursday, November 11.”
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/t...h/news-story/0a4be85e38b91e2cf9e328ed7b692450

Mr Stratton suggested the detective had formed "a false belief" that the defendant knows where the body of William Tyrrell is.

"I've formed the view that [the defendant] knows where William Tyrrell is," the witness replied.

Could it be an assumption that the detective is referring to WT's body in these articles? In the pursuit of the FFFC could he have come to the belief recently that WT is still alive? Is there anything in MSM in other articles that particularly quotes the detective coming to the belief that he thinks the FFFC knows where WT's body is?
There is this in the SMH …..

Snipped >>>>>

We are saying we know what happened and why it happened and where [his body] is.”

SD replied: “What? Why haven’t you got him?” a hearing into allegations that SD lied to the Crime Commission, a powerful investigative body that can compel witnesses to give evidence, heard on Thursday.
The court heard police believe William accidentally fell from the balcony of his grandmother’s home on the mid-north coast and SD drove his body to nearby bushland in her mother’s car and disposed of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch