Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are 2 matters before the Courts this week for the FFFC? The charges of lying to the NSWCC is apparently to be heard on 3rd & 4th Nov, and also the matter regarding fraud charges for fake bidding on a house auction which is reported to be listed for 4th Nov, but this may be to set a trial date only?
IMO
Fraud charges

I am curious about this charge. If the Task Force was not targeting them as POI's in William's case, would these 'dummy bid' charges have been brought forth ?

From everything I have read, this is illegal, but also very common. Usually it brings a fine, if it is discovered and proven.
I am somewhat sceptical.
Agree, very common. I have actually been at an auction where I am sure this occurred. I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone and their friends.

I wonder if there are 2 matters before the Courts this week for the FFFC? The charges of lying to the NSWCC is apparently to be heard on 3rd & 4th Nov, and also the matter regarding fraud charges for fake bidding on a house auction which is reported to be listed for 4th Nov, but this may be to set a trial date only?
IMO
Fraud charges
For all concerned, would be good to get these matters over and done with.....this week soonest!

The SMH article says DS Lonergan's response (about the intention of the FM's charges) was a little different from how News.com is reporting.

SMH says that when Lonergan was asked if the charges were meant to extract info about William's disappearance, Lonergan said "Of course! Our main objective is to find out what happened to William."

If that is what he said, he may have just provided grounds for a lawsuit. Isn't that why Spedding is suing the State of NSW? Malfeasance of Prosecution.

The SMH article says DS Lonergan's response (about the intention of the FM's charges) was a little different from how News.com is reporting.

SMH says that when Lonergan was asked if the charges were meant to extract info about William's disappearance, Lonergan said "Of course! Our main objective is to find out what happened to William."

If that is what he said, he may have just provided grounds for a lawsuit. Isn't that why Spedding is suing the State of NSW? Malfeasance of Prosecution.

its disjointed.
sounds cut and paste journalism to me. :rolleyes:

Genuine question to sleuthers.

Why would a detective in court say that he believes the FM knows where WT’s body is, if he doesn’t really believe that?

Of course he could be mistaken. But seems extremely odd to say that in court unless you know of something significant.

https://twitter.com/LiaJHarris
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The court heard police approached the foster mother last year saying “we know how it happened, we know why it happened and we know where he is”. They were referring to the site in Kendall searched by police last year, where nothing was found.

2:22 PM · Nov 3, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

FM's barrister (John Stratton SC) is going hard at them about their reasons for the charges. Lonergan was the first witness, and I think the defence strategy is already being revealed.

imo

Genuine question to sleuthers.

Why would a detective in court say that he believes the FM knows where WT’s body is, if he doesn’t really believe that?

Of course he could be mistaken. But seems extremely odd to say that in court unless you know of something significant.

The police all believe different things. Lonergan has already admitted there is no evidence .... " I would have charged her with more offences if I could have proved it".

imo

JMO - Except for the listening devices which picked up audio, the FFC's solution in handling the girl "feeling left out" may have remained within their home. Of course now in retrospect, the better solutions would have been for the FFC to take advantage of counseling which surely been available to the Fosters.
‘No, please no’: Secret recording of William Tyrrell’s foster mother allegedly hitting child
“The girl had been “feeling left out” and was misbehaving since a six-year-old foster child was placed with the family, a hearing in Parramatta Local Court in June this year heard.”

JMO - Except for the listening devices which picked up audio, the FFC's solution in handling the girl "feeling left out" may have remained within their home. Of course now in retrospect, the better solutions would have been for the FFC to take advantage of counseling which surely been available to the Fosters.
‘No, please no’: Secret recording of William Tyrrell’s foster mother allegedly hitting child
“The girl had been “feeling left out” and was misbehaving since a six-year-old foster child was placed with the family, a hearing in Parramatta Local Court in June this year heard.”
Defies comprehension why a foster family that has a child go missing under their watch with no conclusion as yet would be given another forster child.

Just to be doting I's and crossing T's. This is not an ok arrangement.

Excluding knowing LE are highly suspicious of their actions and behaviour.

IMO this proves that the FFC can lie straight to the Police quite easily.

If there was no recording of the assault, she may have gotten away with this.

The detectives know a lot more than all of us Websleuthers added together but I am disappointed that the lying to the crime commission is not directly linked to statements about William's disappearance.

On the other hand, I can't believe that another 6 year old was placed in these peoples care after what happened to William.

On the other hand, I can't believe that another 6 year old was placed in these peoples care after what happened to William.

I think it shows how badly the Foster Care system needs more foster carers.

There is just nowhere for them to place these children.

I posted an article recently about their desperate need for more foster carers. How too many children are being housed in motels and such. One boy was still not placed with foster carers after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewpcg77