Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the encrypted app that was released by the AFP and FBI??? It’s not really my forte subject… but I think there were other encrypted apps around ??? Other more techno and younger WSers will know more about it???

mfc was apparantly a computer tech whizz, in my opinion, it was in a news article somewhere ages ago

This is the exact quote from GJ‘s book Badness, A White Button in the Darkness.

“I think about William’s sister, who is the last person known to have seen him alive.”

Badness ebook by Gary Jubelin - Rakuten Kobo
Thank you SLouTh....I had previously just taken SA's word for it. (I have not read Badness, A White Button in the Darkness).

Anyone can an encrypted app … not just criminals ..I was using that as an example .
So, if MFC had said to FFC, If you ever want to contact me urgently about the children, send me one of these, and by the way it's private, no metadata--then they could have been in touch during his absence, and nobody would have been able to find out?

This is the exact quote from GJ‘s book Badness, A White Button in the Darkness.

“I think about William’s sister, who is the last person known to have seen him alive.”

Badness ebook by Gary Jubelin - Rakuten Kobo
<modsnip> The original post said FM said Williams sister may have been the only witness to the abduction. Gary saying she was last to see him isn’t the same as witnessing the abduction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe the FGM knew that FFFC was initially looking for WT for at least 25 minutes. I think that was deliberate on the FFFC's part. MOO
I thought that also. What does bother me, is who was looking after William's sister while the FFFC was looking for WT, and also when she went for the drive that morning?

So, if MFC had said to FFC, If you ever want to contact me urgently about the children, send me one of these, and by the way it's private, no metadata--then they could have been in touch during his absence, and nobody would have been able to find out?
From FFGM’s Walkthrough…. Inside house where William Tyrrell spent his final hours

'How he (the foster father) knew at that stage, I’m not … she would have told him, she would have phoned him, he was just distraught.'

FFC stated on 60 minutes interview in 2015 - "Then I raced back around and I said to Mum “he’s not there, he’s gone” and she said “what do you mean he’s gone” and I said “he’s he’s disappeared, he’s not there”

I just kept just kept racing around the house going “where are you, you’ve.. talk to me, where are you” and I couldn’t see him and I couldn’t hear him, I just didn’t know where he was.

FGM walkthrough interview with Detective Partridge:

Detective Partridge asks FGM “When he went around the corner of the house, could you still hear him, was he playing tiger?” FGM “no, no”

Detective Partridge asks the FGM what happened next and is told that 'between four and five minutes' later her daughter disappeared after William.

After remaining seated 'for some time, then I didn’t hear from her, I got up and followed them down.'

FGM said 'I walked all the way down here wondering what’s going on' and agreed she still couldn't see her daughter and so 'I went all the way down to the road.

'When I got down to the road I could see Anne Maree (Sharpley) who lives there.

'It was absolutely deathly quiet. Still. Nothing. I was down on the road talking with Anne Maree and then (the foster mother) came up very distraught and said "I've got to call the police".

'I think I was walking up when (the foster father) arrived and he was distraught as well. 'How he knew at that stage I’m not too sure, he’d tell you, I’m not too sure, then he started running around. Everybody was running around.'

bbm

IMO--it isn't the lack of 'concerned citizens'. There isn't the moderately affluent demographic that there used to be, with a spare study-bedroom and a backyard and one half of a couple able not to work full-time. We are struggling to house ourselves.
And in lots of cities families choose to have international homestay students if they have a spare room. Always support and more money.

Apologies if this has been asked before but was it clarified that "like daddy's car" referred to the MFC's car?

I think we presumed so, because we had a discussion that PS' car might have resembled FD's new car (to a child).

I will go back and try to find the discussion. See exactly what spurred it. It would have been quite a while ago.

"The longer this goes on, the less likely it seems that anyone will find him. That makes me sick. I think about William's sister who is the last person known to have seen him alive.
She was 5 back then, a foster child like he was, and remembers that the two of them were playing a game of tigers on the lawn beneath the house, out of sight of the adults."

Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box, chapter A White Button in the Darkness
Extracted from SA post above: "She was 5 back then, a foster child like he was, and remembers that the two of them were playing a game of tigers on the lawn beneath the house, out of sight of the adults."
...... this doesn't seem to align with the last time William was seen by the 5 year old foster child. MOO

I thought FFGM. FFC, William and his sister were all on the back deck when William jumped off and ran around around the side ... which would then depend on who was watching him at that time (refer to FFGM Walkthrough). In those photos FFGM was reading her newspaper at 9.37am, but they (FFGM and FFC) apparently had a cup of tea later.

Apologies if this has been asked before but was it clarified that "like daddy's car" referred to the MFC's car?

This is the most recent link to the info - posted by iiiii's in May this year, though I know we have spoken of it before. The article is dated 16th Feb 2020.

I am not going to look back any further.

"William’s sister had also told detectives in her interview that she saw William running towards “daddy’s car” before he vanished.

Their foster father had a grey station wagon, just like Savage did, and the children had been waiting for him to return from an appointment on the morning of William’s....... "

The article goes on to say that a couple who lived on the street (this would have been the Crabbs imo) heard the sound of a car moving on a gravel driveway. The court heard that PS' driveway was gravel.

It also says that In the weeks before William disappeared, FGM had asked PS to “stay away from her house."

(ETA: This is all from testimony given under oath in court)

Last edited:
This is the most recent link to the info - posted by iiiii's in May this year, though I know we have spoken of it before. The article is dated 16th Feb 2020.

"William’s sister had also told detectives in her interview that she saw William running towards “daddy’s car” before he vanished.

Their foster father had a grey station wagon, just like Savage did, and the children had been waiting for him to return from an appointment on the morning of William’s....... "

The article goes on to say that a couple who lived on the street (this would have been the Crabbs imo) heard the sound of a car moving on a gravel driveway. The court heard that PS' driveway was gravel.

It also says that In the weeks before William disappeared, FGM had asked PS to “stay away from her house."
Oh ... so is that why it has been said that William's sister may have been witness to the abduction?

Looks like the suppression order has been lifted? Both of the foster carer's names are listed on Lawlink - for this week, for mention. I think this matter is the auction fraud, and the matter needs a trial date to be set? IMO

The last media report on the matter that I have found, mentioned the trial date.....

" As the pair await a trial date to be set for a charge each of dishonestly obtaining financial advantage by deception, photos have emerged of the wealthy couple on a luxury beach resort holiday."

Last edited:
Looks like the suppression order has been lifted? Both of the foster carer's names are listed on Lawlink - for this week, for mention. I think this matter is the auction fraud, and the matter needs a trial date to be set? IMO

The last media report on the matter that I have found, mentioned the trial date.....

" As the pair await a trial date to be set for a charge each of dishonestly obtaining financial advantage by deception, photos have emerged of the wealthy couple on a luxury beach resort holiday."

AFAIK, no suppression orders have been lifted. Numerous times now we have seen their names redacted from court lists after initially being listed.

I put it down to listing clerks being unaware of the suppression orders.

(ETA: This is all from testimony given under oath in court)
I wonder if William's sister could have meant ... in saying:

"William’s sister had also told detectives in her interview that she saw William running towards “daddy’s car” before he vanished."

...... that in the context of him jumping off the back deck where they were sitting ... and running around the side of the house, she thought that his reason for doing that was to check if MFC had returned.
BECAUSE FFC had spoken about the MFC returning at around 10.30am.

Because I take Jubes' word for it. He is not a liar. In fact, quite the opposite. He tells the truth, sometimes to his own detriment. imo

I won't dispute his statement regarding "Lindsay", however when it comes to veracity we have this assessment of it by a magistrate:

But after hearing from several witnesses over a two week hearing and retaining top barrister Margaret Cunneen SC as his legal representative, Magistrate Hudson on Monday said he found Mr Jubelin's evidence 'untenable' and 'unbelievable'.

I won't dispute his statement regarding "Lindsay", however when it comes to veracity we have this assessment of it by a magistrate:

But after hearing from several witnesses over a two week hearing and retaining top barrister Margaret Cunneen SC as his legal representative, Magistrate Hudson on Monday said he found Mr Jubelin's evidence 'untenable' and 'unbelievable'.

It was apparently enough evidence to get listening devices and cameras for PS' house according to the magistrate who signed off on that. Difference of magistrates' opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA