Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably won't find a link between comments and the actual situation (that we've been told) a lot of what is being said relates to sleuthing by members that happened earlier in the case and its against tos to discuss as they are not declared POIs.
I see part of why I got so lost... Thanks for explaining why it's so confusing!

The Bowraville murders is not linked at all to this case. Google it and you will see its a historical case that was reinvestigated by Jubelin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bowraville Murders was featured recently on 60 Minutes. I wondered at the timing of it. They were claiming that the person who was guilty had somehow escaped being charged. They tried to interview him too (allbeit in tacky current affairs style) but the inference was made that the investigation was somehow botched and he was still walking around free...sorry I forget his name or his location...but it could have been around Newcastle?? I will check the 60 Minutes page and see??

The timing of a few things has always been on my mind. Maybe it's because we're looking specifically for it that it appears more relevant than it is, but so many people have been arrested in the last 6 months for being part of pedophile rings and is it a coincidence that they've been either living in or have lived in the same areas BS has been? Maybe, but I don't think so

The Bowraville Murders was featured recently on 60 Minutes. I wondered at the timing of it. They were claiming that the person who was guilty had somehow escaped being charged. They tried to interview him too (allbeit in tacky current affairs style) but the inference was made that the investigation was somehow botched and he was still walking around free...sorry I forget his name or his location...but it could have been around Newcastle?? I will check the 60 Minutes page and see??

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ler-put-on-trial/story-e6frfmyi-1227289598229
https://www.themonthly.com.au/monthly-essays-malcolm-knox-mission-bowraville-murders-2786

Here are a couple of links to the Bowraville story..hopefully everyone can see them....very sad story. Jay Hart was the prime suspect.
Correction: It wasnt the investigation that was botched....it was the court system....each murder was tried separately.

Who? I am so confused and frustrated by these cryptic statements.

Yes, me too! Spending so much time going back over post after post trying to find what I
must missed is very frustrating. If it's something that can't be talked about, what's the point?

Does anyone know what the process is in Australia about the surname given to a child born to single parents? Do they take the mother or father's surname?

Magistrate Thomas Hodgson refused Mr Spedding bail in Port Macquarie Local Court on April 23.

Solicitor Rob Hoyles had applied for bail on the basis his client had no criminal history, had strong community ties and intended to plead not guilty.

Legal Aid NSW's Port Macquarie acting solicitor in charge said his client could live at a local residence and not enter Sydney.

Mr Hoyles also said $30,000 equity his client has in a property could be offered as surety.

But the magistrate said it was a "reasonably strong prosecution case" with a "custodial sentence likely".

The bail application will be decided on June 15, with Spedding due to appear at Port Macquarie Local Court three days later.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3121114/spedding-applies-for-bail/?cs=257

The timing of a few things has always been on my mind. Maybe it's because we're looking specifically for it that it appears more relevant than it is, but so many people have been arrested in the last 6 months for being part of pedophile rings and is it a coincidence that they've been either living in or have lived in the same areas BS has been? Maybe, but I don't think so
You also need to take into consideration the Royal Commission happening in NSW atm, alot of arrests maybe resulting from names being exposed thru the inquiry

I'd dare say there's a good chance bail will be refused, I doubt they would let him back in to the community for his own sake.

Does anyone know what the process is in Australia about the surname given to a child born to single parents? Do they take the mother or father's surname?
I don't think there is a proper protocol, it's up to the parent's on what they write on the birth certificate application.

However if your a couple and not married, while in hospital the baby must go under the mum's surname, hospitals protocol to stop babies getting mixed up or lost.

Magistrate Thomas Hodgson refused Mr Spedding bail in Port Macquarie Local Court on April 23.

Solicitor Rob Hoyles had applied for bail on the basis his client had no criminal history, had strong community ties and intended to plead not guilty.

Legal Aid NSW's Port Macquarie acting solicitor in charge said his client could live at a local residence and not enter Sydney.

Mr Hoyles also said $30,000 equity his client has in a property could be offered as surety.

But the magistrate said it was a "reasonably strong prosecution case" with a "custodial sentence likely".

The bail application will be decided on June 15, with Spedding due to appear at Port Macquarie Local Court three days later.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3121114/spedding-applies-for-bail/?cs=257

Could live in the local area and not enter Sydney.
Big place Sydney - one victim was said to be on the central coast.

The father's name can be recorded on the birth certificate ONLY if he agrees. It does not have to be listed. So, even if the mother is 100% sure who the father is, she can not record this unless he also signs the registration papers.
I was a single mum when me eldest was born and his certificate lists father as 'unknown' even though I knew for sure. Even after paternity testing, and applying to the authorities, I was told that without the bio dad's ok I cannot have his birth certificate amended. It's ridiculous.

The father's name can be recorded on the birth certificate ONLY if he agrees. It does not have to be listed. So, even if the mother is 100% sure who the father is, she can not record this unless he also signs the registration papers.
I was a single mum when me eldest was born and his certificate lists father as 'unknown' even though I knew for sure. Even after paternity testing, and applying to the authorities, I was told that without the bio dad's ok I cannot have his birth certificate amended. It's ridiculous.

Tell me about it, I'm in a similar boat. My first two were born to my now ex partner, we weren't married and I just assumed they automatically had to have his surname. Boy am I regretting that now.. I've since married and we really want to have their surname changed to ours, since the dropkick hasn't been involved with us for 3 years, we can't (or a least it's incredibly difficult to) get passports for them. So if we want to go travelling it'll be a very hard road to get there

That's part of what I would be floored if William was out of the country. When it comes to passports the government makes it almost obtusely difficult to get one, let alone make a fake one

Tell me about it, I'm in a similar boat. My first two were born to my now ex partner, we weren't married and I just assumed they automatically had to have his surname. Boy am I regretting that now.. I've since married and we really want to have their surname changed to ours, since the dropkick hasn't been involved with us for 3 years, we can't (or a least it's incredibly difficult to) get passports for them. So if we want to go travelling it'll be a very hard road to get there

That's part of what I would be floored if William was out of the country. When it comes to passports the government makes it almost obtusely difficult to get one, let alone make a fake one

william and his sister may already have passports, and been travelling with their new family, not sure how long a childs passport lasts though, they change so quickly in the first few years.

You can give a child any name you like - mother's surname, father's surname, both of them hyphenated, a new name made by combining the parent's surnames or even an entirely different name (Mr John Smith and Miss Jane Jones present their son, Master Alfonzo Hernandez). The exceptions to the "any name" rule are things like titles that are recognised in Australia and obscenities.

I was a single mum when my eldest was born, and had the father recorded on the b/c against his wishes after we went through the charade of DNA testing to prove what we both already knew. I don't know why that didn't happen in your case, but I saw a solicitor immediately after the birth and Family Court had the birth registration delayed so we could get confirmation of paternity. It took a few weeks, but once the DNA results were in Family Court ordered that he be recorded as the father.

I'm in Vic in case that's relevant.

I think he has a good chance to get bail. I understand that local courts are more punitive and cautious in their administration and that is why so many appeals are made to district courts and higher. I think Thomas Hodgson comments are only made on what the police have presented to him and his comment on a custodial sentence being likely is based upon, if the charges are proven to be true. MOO

I don't think criminal kidnappers worry about things like LEGAL passports.

If William left the country on his passport the authorities would know.

Yes but Australian passports are some of the hardest in the world to forge

Sorry to those who were asking about a comment of mine earlier - I wasn't trying to be cryptic or frustrate anyone. Someone commented when a June 1 news article was posted on a fb page (called William Tyrrell Needs Australias Help), and that person was recognised by a couple of us. Her previous profile had understandably disappeared, which is why references where made to those comments earlier in this thread.
Probably not making things much clearer I know - but as someone said before, it's not able to be discussed in any more detail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966