Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how hard it would be to bring a child into Australia on a foreign passport and leave with a different child, same age, gender on the same passport, or disguise the child's gender by way of a haircut and boys clothes for a girl and vice versa.

You can give a child any name you like - mother's surname, father's surname, both of them hyphenated, a new name made by combining the parent's surnames or even an entirely different name (Mr John Smith and Miss Jane Jones present their son, Master Alfonzo Hernandez). The exceptions to the "any name" rule are things like titles that are recognised in Australia and obscenities.

True that. Friends of mine made an entirely new last name when they married - he was estranged from his family due to a long history of emotional abuse. So they decided on a last name they liked and their daughter was born about a year before they were married, so they named her that last name even though they hadn't officially changed their names yet. This posed no problems at all, you can give your child any name you want on its birth certificate (obviously obscenities etc notwithstanding).

As for the father thing, idk if it's a state by state thing (registering births is, so I guess so). I thought if you were married it was automatically assumed the husband is the father. In NSW if not married you have to "opt-in" to putting the father on but I didn't think it was about getting his 'permission' to do so - you can't just put his name on there and be done with it? Do you have to get his signature? We're not married but both our names are on the BC but of course, my partner would want to be as he is happy to be their dad.

I don't think there is much relevance in how or when a passport could of been obtained for WT. You can get a passport for a child from birth and they last 5 years. If WT left Australia it would be very easy for him to leave on another infants passport as babies look so similar and it's very hard to decipher a difference. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a mother who would sell her childs passport for cash. Sad but true [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he has a good chance to get bail. I understand that local courts are more punitive and cautious in their administration and that is why so many appeals are made to district courts and higher. I think Thomas Hodgson comments are only made on what the police have presented to him and his comment on a custodial sentence being likely is based upon, if the charges are proven to be true. MOO

It could happen. John Chardon was given bail to sort his business affairs. He was on historical rape charges of a child under 16.

Similarities here with excavating properties with no success.

Let's have a guess about how long until this thread goes dead...... I hope not but have a bad feeling it's gonna be a long time.....[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally figured it out. I must say William's disappearance has not affected her life much.

Wish I could figure it out! It's terrible not knowing! Is there a Websleuths for Dummies that I could join?!?

I wonder how hard it would be to bring a child into Australia on a foreign passport and leave with a different child, same age, gender on the same passport, or disguise the child's gender by way of a haircut and boys clothes for a girl and vice versa.

Easy!
I got my son's passport when he was 6 months old. He keeps that one until he's 5. How many 3/4/5 year olds look the same as they did when they were 6 months?
I think it'd be pretty easy to pass any blue-eyed 4 year old using that passport.

Magistrate Thomas Hodgson refused Mr Spedding bail in Port Macquarie Local Court on April 23.

Solicitor Rob Hoyles had applied for bail on the basis his client had no criminal history, had strong community ties and intended to plead not guilty.

Legal Aid NSW's Port Macquarie acting solicitor in charge said his client could live at a local residence and not enter Sydney.

Mr Hoyles also said $30,000 equity his client has in a property could be offered as surety.

But the magistrate said it was a "reasonably strong prosecution case" with a "custodial sentence likely".

The bail application will be decided on June 15, with Spedding due to appear at Port Macquarie Local Court three days later.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3121114/spedding-applies-for-bail/?cs=257

Wonder where this property where he could obtain $30000 in equity as Surety is located...Not Bonny Hills...as that is a rental.

I finally figured it out. I must say William's disappearance has not affected her life much.

Hi all, first post, have been reading this thread from the start, I've had to do some sleuthing to figure out the cryptic stuff here in websleuths lol.........I too have finally figured it out and I agree

Hi all, first post, have been reading this thread from the start, I've had to do some sleuthing to figure out the cryptic stuff here in websleuths lol.........I too have finally figured it out and I agree

To be honest i am truly glad others can see that, I thought i was just being awful and mean...:blushing:

Hi L2L, start with post #260, slowly work though it, it's all there - I've only just figured it out myself lol - had to websleuth the websleuthers to get it.....good luck

Wonder where this property where he could obtain $30000 in equity as Surety is located...Not Bonny Hills...as that is a rental.

I don't think "property" according to the court has to be land and buildings, it could be other assets/property like cars, caravan, shares, term deposits etc.

Hm, sorry but if someone turns out to be guilty then $30,000 is a very skippable bail amount. A small price for freedom.

Hi L2L, start with post #260, slowly work though it, it's all there - I've only just figured it out myself lol - had to websleuth the websleuthers to get it.....good luck

Thanks so much, Karin1974, I'm on my way back now and might be gone for a very long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966