Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news flash just said it was William, I think.

Channel 7.

Sorry I must have misheard it - can't find it online anywhere.

My stomach just did a flip and my heart skipped a beat when I read that. Thank you for editing and adding.

I have never met little William but have followed since day one. I know there's very little chance that he is still alive, but I don't think I am prepared to hear that he is dead :( Thinking of his family. I can't even imagine what they, or other parents and families of missing children are going through.

Hopefully we hear something about the Spiderman Suit soon

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just watched an interview on channel 9 Today show with the Bravehearts lady.
They're indicating that William is still alive, somewhere in Australia.
They're spruiking the campaign, reminding people to keep an eye out, keep William in mind and keep in touch with crime stoppers.
The message was 'he's still out there somewhere, he needs to come home'

I think they're bringing this out in response to the bones that were found.
I guess some people would be hearing in the media that it's William so they want to get the message out that the search for him is still active.
I wonder if this is why they've ruled out that the bones are William... Because they have evidence he's alive..

I think they're bringing this out in response to the bones that were found.
I guess some people would be hearing in the media that it's William so they want to get the message out that the search for him is still active.
I wonder if this is why they've ruled out that the bones are William... Because they have evidence he's alive..
If anything this has put William back into national spotlight.

I don't know if police have evidence that he is alive, or if Bravehearts are respecting that the family choose to believe he is alive and being cared for.

I don't know if police have evidence that he is alive, or if Bravehearts are respecting that the family choose to believe he is alive and being cared for.

Actually there is a really interesting post on the thread about the little 2 year old boy missing from a campsite in the US (id link but I'm on my phone and I cant) about how police will always say they believe the child is alive (even if the parents themselves believe the worst) so that the perp knows they haven't given up and are still on the case. Also so if the child is alive and is old enough and happen to hear or see those messages they don't give up hope either. Interesting perspective I hadnt thought of before.

I guess unless they know for certain they have been murdered.

Actually there is a really interesting post on the thread about the little 2 year old boy missing from a campsite in the US (id link but I'm on my phone and I cant) about how police will always say they believe the child is alive (even if the parents themselves believe the worst) so that the perp knows they haven't given up and are still on the case. Also so if the child is alive and is old enough and happen to hear or see those messages they don't give up hope either. Interesting perspective I hadnt thought of before.

I guess unless they know for certain they have been murdered.
That case is do sad :( I'm terrified for that little boy! A little too close to home.

That case is do sad :( I'm terrified for that little boy! A little too close to home.

I've been following it as well. Reminds me of WT. circumstances not exactly the same but similar in many ways.

He said while police could not rule out that the bones belonged to William, it was unlikely.

"There speculation about William Tyrell being our victim, I can tell you that unnecessary speculation is not necessarily helpful to us and we have no evidence at all to prove that William Tyrell is the victim," he said.

"And in fact there are a number of things and information within our possession, which make it unlikely.

"We can't say that it's definitely not William Tyrell, but we say that we believe, at this stage [and] knowing the full facts of the case, that it's less likely."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-17/child-bones-in-sa-unlikely-those-of-william-tyrell/6628908

...And MSM still cannot spell William's surname correctly...:tantrum:

That drives me crazy. I still have to do Google searches for both spellings.

Yup. I know people have speculated it was deliberately misspelled as some kind of strategy at first, but that never made sense to me. I really think it's just an indication of poor subediting on the part of the media. It's been very inconsistently misspelled plus leaving out one 'r' is hardly going to throw anyone off the track.

This is probably really absurd but isn't there some aboriginal tradition that the media can't state a deceased person's name until they have found a body? I have no idea if there's any aboriginal heritage in William but I wonder if that's why they've consistently misspelled the name?

This is probably really absurd but isn't there some aboriginal tradition that the media can't state a deceased person's name until they have found a body? I have no idea if there's any aboriginal heritage in William but I wonder if that's why they've consistently misspelled the name?

I have wondered about his heritage before too.

Heads up please.

Police investigators have stated that William's parents and extended family have all been cleared of any involvement in his disappearance. The police obviously know a lot more than we do and there will be no further discussion on William's family or the decisions made by the police in this case. Failure to comply with the rules will result in removal of posting privileges.

Rules Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...58#post8364858

Terms of Service Long Version

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...tailed-Version

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online