Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone post a whereis link for a search from the Wauchope address to GM's former address for me please? *sings* Folks are dumb where I come from....referring to @#$&* 4G coverage*

But why does the address matter? We know who's car it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because I want to deploy my spying skills via an archive of aerial photos. People seem to know the address but aren't saying it. Please share.

OK.....

The picture in the article IS NOT THE HOUSE....

If you have the number already...GOOGLE EARTH 'PIN' is not landing on the exact house.

This would be why the media has been pulling the image.

Google Earth does however forget to blur out one letterbox and it's an ODD number ... think how we do our street numbers???

hope that helps...

Someone posted earlier and they are correct.... the house is on the opposite side of the street from that house in the image.

And yes.... I like to know where things are too so I can go back over time and see what other vehicles may have been present at that address

This may be the route:

http://www.whereis.com/directions?n...805571&elon=152.711020295&rt=shortest_notolls

Not sure if I have correct street?

Route would take William very close to 'Ghost' (aka Houston Mitchell Drive) and Long Point Roads. Also very close to the motocross/go-kart tracks and Cowarra Access Road to Cowarra Dam, that I've posted about previously. I am almost sure LE will find something (anything!) that will help them if they look at the 'triangle' formed by Bago and Burrawan Forest Roads and the Pacific and Oxley Highways; particularly the goddam dam! It's been really bugging me for some reason. Wish I could go there myself but I don't drive (only rode motorbikes in my youth, many moons ago.)

OK.....

The picture in the article IS NOT THE HOUSE....

If you have the number already...GOOGLE EARTH 'PIN' is not landing on the exact house.

This would be why the media has been pulling the image.

Google Earth does however forget to blur out one letterbox and it's an ODD number ... think how we do our street numbers???

hope that helps...

Someone posted earlier and they are correct.... the house is on the opposite side of the street from that house in the image.

And yes.... I like to know where things are too so I can go back over time and see what other vehicles may have been present at that address

BBM, Wouldn't police have already scoped all that out by now though? Or are you needing that info. for your own personal reference?

I finally found the emotion con bar ...lol

:waiting:

[/B]

BBM, Wouldn't police have already scoped all that out by now though? Or are you needing that info. for your own personal reference?

My own personal reference only .... that and I'm a natural born snoop...

Considering Paul Bickford was management. Considering the TV coverage. Extensive newspaper coverage. Considering the plethora of police interviews. Imagine the paranoia. It was doomed from the day 2 blokes resigned.

Just something little to note; www.gapa.org.au is now gone....

I have to admit. Reading about peoples thoughts on this whole situation has changed my whole mindset. I wont be volunteering for anything that involves children any more. We have young children. If the kids want sleep overs they can get stuffed. No looking after other kids when asked. Little wonder my parents never allowed it. If kids want to play over our house, there will be a second parent or no show. Ive never had a work with children card. Ive done a lot of volunteer work, never worked with kids or wanted to, never will now. As for organisations like GAPA, not with a barge pole. Being a bloke is very different to being a woman. People are paranoid and I cant say i blame them.

I must say, the fact that some kids around the corner that went for the grandfather, $$$$ as motive on sex abuse chargers because their laziness isnt working out for them hasn't helped things. Later minds were changed after a few visits to a psychologist. Mainly because the professional worked out the 2 were lying through their teeth. Its crap no one needs.

Considering Paul Bickford was management. Considering the TV coverage. Extensive newspaper coverage. Considering the plethora of police interviews. Imagine the paranoia. It was doomed from the day 2 blokes resigned.

I have to admit. Reading about peoples thoughts on this whole situation has changed my whole mindset. I wont be volunteering for anything that involves children any more. We have young children. If the kids want sleep overs they can get stuffed. No looking after other kids when asked. Little wonder my parents never allowed it. If kids want to play over our house, there will be a second parent or no show. Ive never had a work with children card. Ive done a lot of volunteer work, never worked with kids or wanted to, never will now. As for organisations like GAPA, not with a barge pole. Being a bloke is very different to being a woman. People are paranoid and I cant say i blame them.

I must say, the fact that some kids around the corner that went for the grandfather, $$$$ as motive on sex abuse chargers because their laziness isnt working out for them hasn't helped things. Later minds were changed after a few visits to a psychologist. Mainly because the professional worked out the 2 were lying through their teeth. Its crap no one needs.

BBM dont say that Crabby. It's what I do all the time and I love it. One of the things I enjoy about my job is the fact I am aware of these things and I can do something about it. It amazes me how naive people are about child protection. How many times I get asked if parents can just drop and run. Really? Where do you think paedophiles hang out? That lovely person who offers to pick up and drop your child off for you even if their own kid isnt going? Is that ok? No it's not ok. Why would they do that? I think awareness is our biggest weapon.

BBM dont say that Crabby. It's what I do all the time and I love it. One of the things I enjoy about my job is the fact I am aware of these things and I can do something about it. It amazes me how naive people are about child protection. How many times I get asked if parents can just drop and run. Really? Where do you think paedophiles hang out? That lovely person who offers to pick up and drop your child off for you even if their own kid isnt going? Is that ok? No it's not ok. Why would they do that? I think awareness is our biggest weapon.

I agree with you, Wexford. It's important that kids are protected and their carers are made aware of the characteristics of people who may want to harm them. 'It takes a village to raise a child' and it's up to us as the village elders to be the eyes and ears (and; more importantly, the voice) for our most vulnerable. Sadly, by meeting here on WS, we are privvy to a lot of very traumatic information that many other people would never (and don't want to) know. I may not be a comic book/movie superhero but I will be a staunch advocate for children (and animals) until my dying breath, no matter what the cost. Don't give up, crabby, they need you. Their parents are so busy, earning a living, tapping on their phones, or stressing about their mortgages/how to buy the latest car, etc, they are often distracted. This, my friend is when 'evil triumphs' ('when good men do nothing'). Sermon over.

It's very different for men though, sad but true. Even as a well-known dad at my kids' child care, I've still seen funny looks from other parents and even the staff, when I'm helping my kids in the bathroom there, especially if other kids are in there.

Like crabby says, you can understand it (and even though there've been cases of women abusers, I'd say they're vastly outnumbered, so it's almost 'better safe than sorry'), but doesn't make it any easier to be looked at like that, and it's one of the main reasons there are so few men in those kind of jobs, because it's almost an assumption in some circles that they're some sort of deviant trying to get access to kids, but it's well known how valuable good male role models can be for little kids, and more male early educators could really help that.

Reminds me of that ridiculous case recently where that poor geek dad (could so easily have been me!) took a photo of himself next to a Darth Vader cut-out at a shopping centre and some mum plastered it all over Facebook and accused him of being a pedo after kids, when he was just taking a nerdy photo for his kids. That's a kinda different issue (the danger of social media!) but still shows how knee-jerk some people can be about men near kids.

I've rarely ever taken photos of my kids at their swimming lessons - only ever with permission from the staff, and got in so close as to cut out any other kids (couldn't sit back and zoom as who'd know what you actually took) - and it makes me sad to think I'll never have any photos of those milestones, for (I-don't-think-unjustified) fear of someone taking issue with it, and in such a public place with so many 'witnesses', it could easily snowball into something you could never come back from (eg the dad above will probably forever have those stories popping up if people google his name, even though if people read them properly they'd see the full story), and even accusations proven totally false can irrevocably damage a person's future (I swear I remember reading about someone who had their 'work with kids' status removed after a completely baseless accusation, even after it was proven utterly false, his reputation never recovered with some people... reminds me of 'The Hunt', with Mads Mikkelsen... upsetting story but very possible, even if the ending diluted it a bit).

You often hear in the media how many males won't help a fallen/lost child in public for fear of being accused of something untoward (many women feel that way too of course, though usually fearing some other accusation than paedophilia).

It's hard... is it an overreaction or sensible caution?

It's very different for men though, sad but true. Even as a well-known dad at my kids' child care, I've still seen funny looks from other parents and even the staff, when I'm helping my kids in the bathroom there, especially if other kids are in there.

Like crabby says, you can understand it (and even though there've been cases of women abusers, I'd say they're vastly outnumbered, so it's almost 'better safe than sorry'), but doesn't make it any easier to be looked at like that, and it's one of the main reasons there are so few men in those kind of jobs, because it's almost an assumption in some circles hat they're some sort of deviant trying to get access to kids, but it's well known how valuable good male role models can be for little kids, and more male early educators could really help that.

Reminds me of that ridiculous case recently where that poor geek dad (could so easily have been me!) took a photo of himself next to a Darth Vader cut-out at a shopping centre and some mum plastered it all over Facebook and accused him of being a pedo after kids, when he was just taking a nerdy photo for his kids. That's a kinda different issue (the danger of social media!) but still shows how knee-jerk some people can be about men near kids.

You often hear in the media how many males won't help a fallen/lost child in public for fear of being accused of something untoward (even some women feel that way of course, though usually fearing some other accusation than paedophilia).

It's hard... is it an overreaction or sensible caution?

I understand how you feel stigmatised. I have felt that way my whole life, for one reason or another. I have learnt to ignore the few stares, much criticism (both in front of and behind my back) and just be me. I will not live my life in fear of 'what other people think/do/say'); to me that is no life 'lived' at all. I am a decent person who wouldn't break the law knowingly, am altruistic and rarely vindictive. If people have a problem with me; that's usually their problem, not mine (and vice-versa :) )

My favourite Aesop's fable (thanks Pop!) may better illustrate my point:

http://m.taleswithmorals.com/aesop-fable-the-man-the-boy-and-the-donkey.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members