Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah true, sorry, I just thought it was an interesting article and a bit timely

So sorry, Eloise, my post was not meant to be directed at you (or in any negative way). I was combining an answer to 2 posts by Acamelia and myself and @#$&* up. My bad!

It is an interesting article and timely indeed. Thanks for posting it. I agree, I'm sure LE have enough trouble sifting through Crimestoppers' tips without subjecting themselves to unnecessary social media chatter. They'd use poor old analysts for that, no doubt.

Probably a reason for the suppression order. Maybe to catch some if it is by police. The others; well...
When a journalist literally says what we're all reading in the media about WT is all lies because of suppression orders that stop journalists from printing the truth ... Makes you wonder if it's worth speculating much ...

LE would be right onto them; believe me.

Lucky you! I would love to step away from it, but you need a personal account if you have a business page like I do. But since this case, I have been combing every page/post comment there ever was...maybe I need to be on the LE payroll lol...it's doing my head in (is it wine o'clock yet?)

Sorry, meant POI's (and anyone else's they deem necessary to their investigation) social media accounts; not necessarily random comments from random people. Everyone's an amateur 'detective', other than LE; even me :)

Probably a reason for the suppression order. Maybe to catch some if it is by police. The others; well...

I mean, I don't necessarily trust what the media say either! Who knows what's going on! Until it's in court and becomes a matter of public record...

Want to know how you do the (advanced?) search! Yesterday I had a renewed attempt to find something - unsuccessful as before. :(

Hi FG, I don't use the advanced search on here but I might have to have a geezer now you've mentioned it.
I use google for my searches mostly, for example, to find purpleandgreen's post I googled the following:
spedding amateur radio site:websleuths.com
Google will search the websleuths website for me :)

Hi FG, I don't use the advanced search on here but I might have to have a geezer now you've mentioned it.
I use google for my searches mostly, for example, to find purpleandgreen's post I googled the following:
spedding amateur radio site:websleuths.com
Google will search the websleuths website for me :)

Thank you, Snoop Dog! I will try it your way.

For legal reasons.

That’s all anyone is allowed to say.

They can’t be identified for legal reasons.

Hundreds of journalists, hundreds of police, plenty of people in the community know more than that, but it’s against the law for any of them – for any of us - to explain it to you.

It’s frustrating.

It frankly feels wrong.
William was in all likelihood abducted from outside a house in Kendall and police have been quite open about the fact that they think something terrible may have happened to him.

You’d think that the people responsible for putting the media ban in place – and we can’t tell you who they are, either – would be doing everything in their power to help.

It prevents many of the people who love William – and there are dozens of them - from organizing a proper campaign to bring him home.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...ver-hear-the-truth-about-william-tyrell-22122

For legal reasons.

Hundreds of journalists, hundreds of police, plenty of people in the community know more than that, but it’s against the law for any of them – for any of us - to explain it to you.

It’s frustrating.

It frankly feels wrong.
William was in all likelihood abducted from outside a house in Kendall and police have been quite open about the fact that they think something terrible may have happened to him.

You’d think that the people responsible for putting the media ban in place – and we can’t tell you who they are, either – would be doing everything in their power to help.

It prevents many of the people who love William – and there are dozens of them - from organizing a proper campaign to bring him home.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...ver-hear-the-truth-about-william-tyrell-22122

Unless a waiting game is being played; then there needs to be, at the very least, an inquiry by the NSW Coroner into the circumstances surrounding William's disappearance (and subsequent actions by Government 'stakeholders') and it needs to happen soon.

i just heard some interesting comments made by a journalist regarding this case and information being withheld and LIES told by the media. Very emotive! Towards the end of This mornings ABC Life Matters radio interview titled 'Woman who kill'
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/past-programs/
Start listening at about 49'50"

BBM
What this journalist is saying is so true. Just who are these suppression orders protecting? William is still missing so maybe the orders need to be lifted so the correct information gets out there. I mean really, do we want this little boy found.

Also can any of the moderators please let me know if commenting on who is friends with who on Facebook is against the rules. I can understand that repeating rumours on Facebook is out but who is friends with who are actual facts.

For legal reasons.

It’s frustrating.

It frankly feels wrong.

Everyone keeps saying that the ban affects William. But how? He is in the media, his face is, there is a campaign, we know the address of where he went missing, clothes everything.... Except for the parents real names and faces. The official William Tyrrell Facebook page is managed by his parents. There has been interviews, 60 minutes, billboards. I'd read this before and frankly think it's just shifting blame on to the governments and parents. Really unfair I feel. The only wrong doing here is by the perpetrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please tell me why sometime I am told that my message is too short when it is not? What am I doing wrong?

[/B]

BBM
What this journalist is saying is so true. Just who are these suppression orders protecting? William is still missing so maybe the orders need to be lifted so the correct information gets out there. I mean really, do we want this little boy found.

Also can any of the moderators please let me know if commenting on who is friends with who on Facebook is against the rules. I can understand that repeating rumours on Facebook is out but who is friends with who are actual facts.

Yes it is against the rules. Think about it. If for example you post that Joe Blogs (an innocent individual in this case) happens to be Facebook friends with AJ, people are then going to check out Joe Blog's Facebook and more than likely start posting about him here. The Facebook friends may be actually factual but then again they may not. Not everyone uses their real name on social media. It's all just common sense really.

Just to refresh your memory on Websleuth's rules regarding social media.

Social Media/Social Networking Links, e.g., Facebook and Twitter

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

•Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
•Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
•Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
•If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

•Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
•Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
•Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an admininstrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Can someone please tell me why sometime I am told that my message is too short when it is not? What am I doing wrong?

Your post has to be a minimum of five characters. If you're still having problems, try refreshing the page.

Who is Tony Jones?

It's become one of the country's most talked about mysteries: what happened to William Tyrrell?

Now, we've learned more about the shocking past of the latest person of interest in the investigation into the toddler's disappearance.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9036039/tony-jones

Aussies, turn your TV to A Current Affair (Ch 9) now. Story on AJ. Will post link later.

*sighs* Nothing new but good to see William's story followed up on TV. Link follows:

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9036039/tony-jones
Gotta love ACA (in a lol kind of way)...hopefully they will go out on a limb and spill some dirt and then get in trouble from media watch and the like, just as long as it doesn't hurt the case though

There was another interesting show On Radio National just now: RN Drive/ Drawing Room/ Patricia Karvelas

"Social media photos of children found on paedophile websites"

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...children-found-on-paedophile-websites/6817872

The download link may not be there yet, but it was The Office of the Children's eSafety Commissioner talking about innocent photos of children originally shared via social media find their way on to paedophile image-sharing sites.

Common sense really - to only share with those you trust, but many don't.

Interestingly, when he spoke of paedophiles finding these innocent photos, and re-posting then with revolting comments on their websites, it was like finding the 'plumber' ((tradesman!) that you had in your house for a specific job) sitting in your lounge room going through the family albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member