Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you proposing that BS had a bona fide job in mind or that he was planning to spring an abduction plan on AJ on the spot?

I did mean a legitimate job. Helping out someone he knew who had told him he had fallen on hard times?

Makara, just thought I'd let you know you missed snipping a quoted post about the dog in your post #100. Tried to let you know off thread but your mailbox is full.

No surprising with so many posts to be edited! I've spent most of this evening trying to clean up the thread. Nice of you to go back and check all of the posts. Thank you for letting me know.

Bill Spedding is not in anyway connected because:.....

He hasn't been charged with anything ....so that proves his innocence???

They have raided his office..his home..Must be no DNA..right??

Ohhhh if only an investigation was that simple..... Let's just say some kiddy *advertiser censored* was found....LETS ARREST HIM...and be blown with actually doing our jobs as investigators trying to link others involved....let's put a full stop right here....be blown with trying to figure out if there is more connections or leads to finding William or more perpetrators of a possible paedophile ring...

Suggestions put forward in the previous thread that Bill couldn't be connected - based simply on the fact that he hasn't already been arrested for things they may have uncovered in their investigation so far is ridiculous...... It's an open investigation......with the sole aim of finding out what happened to William.....don't stress that anything uncovered in that investigation won't eventually see the light of day....but use common sense...see the bigger picture...

Ohhhh if only an investigation was that simple..... Let's just say some kiddy *advertiser censored* was found....LETS ARREST HIM...and be blown with actually doing our jobs as investigators trying to link others involved....let's put a full stop right here....be blown with trying to figure out if there is more connections or leads to finding William or more perpetrators of a possible paedophile ring...

Suggestions put forward in the previous thread that Bill couldn't be connected - based simply on the fact that he hasn't already been arrested for things they may have uncovered in their investigation so far is ridiculous...... It's an open investigation......with the sole aim of finding out what happened to William.....don't stress that anything uncovered in that investigation won't eventually see the light of day....but use common sense...see the bigger picture...

Being in possession of child *advertiser censored* or downloading it is a criminal offense and if someone is found with it on their computer they need to be charged with that crime and police can't just ignore it, and investigators would rightly be doing their job to charge the person as they do in that case. They can add further charges if necessary if more evidence is found, and it doesn't prevent them with further investigating a crime.

The maximum penalty for the charge of possession of child *advertiser censored* (Section 91H[2] of the Crimes Act) is 10 years imprisonment.

In NSW, a court can impose any of the following penalties for an possession of child *advertiser censored* charge.

Section 10: possession of child *advertiser censored* proven but dismissed
Fine
Good behaviour bond
Community service order (CSO)
Suspended sentence
Intensive correction order (previously periodic detention)
Periodic detention
Prison sentence
http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/offences/sexual/possess-child-*advertiser censored*

Being in possession of child *advertiser censored* or downloading it is a criminal offense and if someone is found with it on their computer they need to be charged with that crime and police can't just ignore it, and investigators would rightly be doing their job to charge the person as they do in that case. They can add further charges if necessary if more evidence is found, and it doesn't prevent them with further investigating a crime.

BS maybe yet probably more valuable in freedom ...

BS maybe yet probably more valuable in freedom ...
I agree. They know he's not going anywhere but yet will hopefully slip up and lead to William/or links to others connected.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BBM: True.

But I am at a loss that not one member of the Laurieton school community (Everyone loves their 15 minutes of fame) has come out and said....Hey this is not right ...HE WAS was at the school that day.

The school provided a no comment.

This lady friend who was supposed to have accompanied him and his wife that day hasn't come forward defending her friend.

The Café alibi obviously can't be substantiated ...lol... On that line of thinking!!

If Bill Spedding was where he said he was and provided evidence then the police would have come out publicly and stated that he was cleared - as there is proof..

Just as if...if they found something surely they would have arrested him by now!!!

If only an investigation was that simple....

The complexities of an active investigation into a missing child case that may involve a paedophile ring...to be brought down to basic reasoning that if they found a convictable offence - he'd be arrested..... seems to indicate a lack of understanding of the bigger picture IMO

A really simple explanation for why witnesses not "coming forward" to verify BS' version of events is that most witnesses give their statements to police, not the media. We dont know what has been verified and what has not.

if police had found anything during the searches he would have been charged. They charged him with the historical offences and he spent time in jail before getting bail, so it cant be the case that they found other evidence of offending but have chosen not to charge him in the hope that BS will lead them to WS. If the sole aim of the investigation was finding WT, he wouldnt have been charged with the historical charges yet.

I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence. But its certainly not ridiculous for posters to think BS might not be involved because he hasn't been charged yet. Ive read far more ridiculous theories and conclusions on this thread.

if police had found anything during the searches he would have been charged. They charged him with the historical offences and he spent time in jail before getting bail, so it cant be the case that they found other evidence of offending but have chosen not to charge him in the hope that BS will lead them to WS. If the sole aim of the investigation was finding WT, he wouldnt have been charged with the historical charges yet.

I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence. But its certainly not ridiculous for posters to think BS might not be involved because he hasn't been charged yet. Ive read far more ridiculous theories and conclusions on this thread.
This thread is pretty tame and quite straight down the line with a little veers and turns IMO. Facebook on the other hand is like a melting pot of extreme accusations and blown out therories. There are going to be quite a few armchair detectives out there from Facebook land walking around with egg on their faces when the real truth emerges IMO

No surprising with so many posts to be edited! I've spent most of this evening trying to clean up the thread. Nice of you to go back and check all of the posts. Thank you for letting me know.

:sorry: :silenced:

With all the talk about the detection dogs being brought in to search for William, and other missing children, I thought this might be useful to distinguish the different types of dogs used:

http://aboutforensics.co.uk/detection-dogs/

There's also a video from a lecturer at UTS, Prof Shari Forbes, about cadaver dogs, which were used in subsequent searches:

http://m.uts.edu.au/about/faculty-s...rensics/death-decomposition-and-detector-dogs

[Bump]

Note:

If the second link (UTS video on cadaver dogs) doesn't work on your device, here's an alternative from youtube:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6dGRVeSbn8M

I did mean a legitimate job. Helping out someone he knew who had told him he had fallen on hard times?
So what I was saying was, why take two cars from Laurieton and "meet" at Kendall, rather than travel together?

Good question JLZ. So many things in this case don't add up! I wake up every morning thinking please let today be the day that they find him.

Why would he say, "Hello again Bill." Jubelin was involved in arresting Hillsley in the 2000's not the investigation in '87 as far as I know. MOO

when det jubelin arrested hillsley he would have interviewed friends, family, associates etc and taken notes, surely bs would have been one of the friends/family interviewed back then?

Not if he was no longer part of the family and not accused by the victims at the time.

when det jubelin arrested hillsley he would have interviewed friends, family, associates etc and taken notes, surely bs would have been one of the friends/family interviewed back then?

This thread is pretty tame and quite straight down the line with a little veers and turns IMO. Facebook on the other hand is like a melting pot of extreme accusations and blown out therories. There are going to be quite a few armchair detectives out there from Facebook land walking around with egg on their faces when the real truth emerges IMO

It's like that because of WS rules and tight moderation. There has been some crazy stuff posted.

Yes they did arrest him....but I suppose I was just seeing the investigation being played out.

I would have thought these historical allegations were known about well before Mid April when he was eventually arrested on those charges...

I had suspected this arrest - card was only played when previous attempts to rattle his cage were unsuccessful. I felt they had a game plan to exhort as much pressure hoping for him to crack between January and April ....and it didn't work.

Yes...sorry I was over zealous with the 'ridiculous" claim.

Spedding is alleged to have inflicted the abuse in April and May, 1987. Part of the police case against Spedding is a series of formal statements made by adults who know him.

The Daily Telegraph revealed yesterday one of the people made the original call to Crime Stoppers about Spedding days after William Tyrrell was snatched.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...316615479?sv=2110cfaca65f1df4e54d3f093c302c60

That points to being the reason he is a POI etc, IMO, rather than just being a repairman at the scene days before.
Yes they did arrest him....but I suppose I was just seeing the investigation being played out.

I would have thought these historical allegations were known about well before Mid April when he was eventually arrested on those charges...

I had suspected this arrest - card was only played when previous attempts to rattle his cage were unsuccessful. I felt they had a game plan to exhort as much pressure hoping for him to crack between January and April ....and it didn't work.

Yes...sorry I was over zealous with the 'ridiculous" claim.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

None of the neighbours heard a car, no one heard any screams. The Homicide Squad took over the investigation and detectives with Strike Force Rosann have been painstakingly ploughing through all those hundreds of statements as well as calls to Crime Stoppers.

Among those statements was the one from Mr Spedding. Detectives allegedly found some inconsistencies in what he told them, which led them to the surprise raids on the tradesman’s former first-floor pawnbroking office in Laurieton and his Bonny Hills home last week.

“What he said did not add up because people he named did not remember seeing him,” a source alleged.

I still wonder what the inconsistencies were. And how many people did he name besides the woman at the Cafe who didn't remember seeing him? Could people at the school remember seeing MS but not BS?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member