Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if im allowed to say this,
if william was in fostercare and the grandmother was the bio mothers mum, and if his bio mother had grown up in the area and had a friend there who may have been willing to help her see william again, if this happened its hopeful little william is still alive.

I keep thinking no scent because he was carried. (MOO)

Just throwing out a few random thoughts.
I dont think there is any fostering. There maybe blended family stuff going on here, but I think the fostering is a bit of a red herring. IIRC (sorry if I dont!) the whole fostering thing only came from a facebook comment. FACS visited the home during the search, but that sounds fairly standard practice to me. Beside wanting to check on the family, sounds like grandma needed support- one report said that she was no longer staying at the house- she may have needed emergency housing, which is something FACs would organise.

OT
Aglaia, that wasn't at Lizard Log park in Western Sydney was it? I've been there and your post made me picture that place (and while its a lovely facility, my partner and I took one kid each so we knew each kid had someone responsible for them at all times... I can't imagine having more kids than adults! ... Great spot for older kids though)

OT
Aglaia, that wasn't at Lizard Log park in Western Sydney was it? I've been there and your post made me picture that place (and while its a lovely facility, my partner and I took one kid each so we knew each kid had someone responsible for them at all times... I can't imagine having more kids than adults! ... Great spot for older kids though)

No, we were at newington armoury, Olympic park, amazing place for kids, lots of water play, equipment etc, but oh so easy to lose kids! People everywhere, water everywhere, so easy for anything to happen there
I was alone with 5 kids that day, all over-excited and overwhelmed (my son was junior winner of operation art last year)

THEY'LL GET YOU...

"""Superintendent Paul Fehon said the State Emergency Service's volunteers will walk the forest's trails as they search for part of a vehicle that may have become detached."""
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/256...illiam-tyrell/

sorry reply with quote is being sucky!!!

Thankyou so much for the link.... I totally missed those reports about car parts.

The other news reports all seem to be focused on clothing or other items that may be evidence....but if the "Part of a vehicle that may have become detached" featured in the original msn stories then I would give them some weight.....I'm wondering in any msn video footage in the street in news reports show any vehicles show missing mirrors, broken lights or such.

I dont think there is any fostering. There maybe blended family stuff going on here, but I think the fostering is a bit of a red herring. IIRC (sorry if I dont!) the whole fostering thing only came from a facebook comment. FACS visited the home during the search, but that sounds fairly standard practice to me. Beside wanting to check on the family, sounds like grandma needed support- one report said that she was no longer staying at the house- she may have needed emergency housing, which is something FACs would organise.

If FACS is involved and the family can't be identified because of a "complicated legal history" (both reported in MSM) there is something going on. It may not be OOHC but there is something happening which we can't know about. There is obviously a good reason to keep it out of MSM but with FACS being so stretched thin they would not be involved without reason. It was more than a house visit.

If you can read between the lines you can infer what might have happened in the past.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-missing-nsw-boy/story-e6frg6nf-1227062023179

Oddsocks drew it during the trial :)

Sorry, this was in reply to "they'll get you"

Was the involvement of FACS confirmed by MSM or is it rumour?

It's believed William's grandmother has left home to stay with a friend, overwhelmed by stress

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3E6H6jCxf

Was the involvement of FACS confirmed by MSM or is it rumour?

if you click the link to the article in my most recent post - two above yours - it is in the title, with details in the body.

Poor woman :-(

What a nightmare for this family. Regardless of how everyone is related, they are missing their lovely little boy, just awful.

Their answer as to why they're involved is very vague.
“Police are leading this investigation … child protection is a fundamental role and responsibility of FACS and it’s in the best interest of the community for us to work alongside other agencies.”

A "complicated family history" can mean a lot of things. I am wary of assuming that FACS involvement automatically means bad things about the family; while it is true some children slip through the cracks because they're overwhelmed with workload (the media don't let anyone think otherwise), FACS do deal with families and children in more positive and proactive ways that are never heard about in the media eg running parenting programs, counselling, support groups. FACS do try and be proactive with early intervention where they can to ensure that if things are a little unstable for whatever reason, that parents are able to cope. It's not necessarily worst case scenario. Perhaps there was concern that if it was a targeted abduction (which it may be, along with everything else that hasn't yet been ruled out) that his sibling/s needed more protection.

Hi guys!
I've been lurking for a while and decided to register :) Must say everyone's contribution is so valid, really gives you some different aspects to think of!
I was wondering if there is any confirmation anywhere that WT sister he was with was his bio sister? The only reason I bring this up, is if they are biological siblings (i.e. not step/half), would it make sense that if there an opportunity presented itself (two children running around a large property), and it was a familiar abduction, that both would be taken? I can't remember particulars of any cases, but I remember reading examples where two (or more) biological children had been abducted by a family member/friend - which makes me think is possibly an opportunistic abduction with someone unknown.
It could have also been possible that WT chased after his dad's car once he left, and consequentially wandered further away from the home and was picked up by someone driving by. I can't really think of anything else :waitasec:
The other question I had, was does anyone know whether the dog squad was taken out into the road through the forrest where the police were looking for something discarded from a vehicle? I would think that if there were a slim chance that something within the vehicle had come into contact within WT and it was ultimately thrown out of the window, it would have his scent on it, and possibly give a new starting point? Of course, this could also be a waste of resources if nothing was found so could be a mute point.

It would be much harder to take two kids than one... plus I believe she was in the house when WT was taken, even if the potential abductor wanted the two perhaps the only chance he (I shouldn't stereotype like that, it could be a woman) had was to take William only.

the running down the road and running so far he got hit by a car whose driver freaked out and removed the body from the scene and didn't say anything is possible; I assumed it was why they were looking for 'car parts' as well as things discarded from a car.

I don't think anything was found on those secondary searches? If there was, I don't think they've said. Perhaps if they had found something they would have called the dogs in.

Their answer as to why they're involved is very vague.

A "complicated family history" can mean a lot of things. I am wary of assuming that FACS involvement automatically means bad things about the family; while it is true some children slip through the cracks because they're overwhelmed with workload (the media don't let anyone think otherwise), FACS do deal with families and children in more positive and proactive ways that are never heard about in the media eg running parenting programs, counselling, support groups. FACS do try and be proactive with early intervention where they can to ensure that if things are a little unstable for whatever reason, that parents are able to cope. It's not necessarily worst case scenario. Perhaps there was concern that if it was a targeted abduction (which it may be, along with everything else that hasn't yet been ruled out) that his sibling/s needed more protection.
The original wording when it was first reported was "complicated legal history", (by abc) not "complicated family history". The combination of a complicated legal history and the inability of media to identify a family is indeed indicative of FACS being involved in more than a proactive way.

Hi guys!
I've been lurking for a while and decided to register :) Must say everyone's contribution is so valid, really gives you some different aspects to think of!
I was wondering if there is any confirmation anywhere that WT sister he was with was his bio sister? The only reason I bring this up, is if they are biological siblings (i.e. not step/half), would it make sense that if there an opportunity presented itself (two children running around a large property), and it was a familiar abduction, that both would be taken? I can't remember particulars of any cases, but I remember reading examples where two (or more) biological children had been abducted by a family member/friend - which makes me think is possibly an opportunistic abduction with someone unknown.
It could have also been possible that WT chased after his dad's car once he left, and consequentially wandered further away from the home and was picked up by someone driving by. I can't really think of anything else :waitasec:
The other question I had, was does anyone know whether the dog squad was taken out into the road through the forrest where the police were looking for something discarded from a vehicle? I would think that if there were a slim chance that something within the vehicle had come into contact within WT and it was ultimately thrown out of the window, it would have his scent on it, and possibly give a new starting point? Of course, this could also be a waste of resources if nothing was found so could be a mute point.

welcome:

bbm:

I wondered too about the relationship and it if was meant to be planned abduction ((well meaning but misguided)) why sis would not have been grabbed as well.......((which is why the time elapsed from when father actually drove away to when sis went into house would be critical to understanding ))

Chasing the car really seemed like a possibility to me if WT didn't want to be left behind with the ladies and wanted dad time. (MOO)

Regardless of the dynamics, police have said that they have thoroughly investigated the family.
William’s wider family has been thoroughly investigated and interviewed, too. Their alibis have been declared sound — they were hundreds of kilometres away when William disappeared. Very few people knew the family had left Sydney to visit the area.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

In the scenario of an abduction, perhaps both kids were wanted but it was only possible to take William. She went inside and he didn't. Maybe in their mind it would have been possible to grab both but when in the reality of the situation they realized grabbing two kids was actually a lot harder than they would have thought. Geez, my 2yo takes all my strength to hold in both arms when he wants to squirm... a 3yo and a ?yo (still haven't worked out how old the sister is) at once? very difficult to take in the tiny window of time that has been put forward.

As for the FACS stuff, I just think not too much should be made of it. All the kids appear to be happy and healthy. Who knows what the situation is; it really doesn't seem like it's enough to swing the direction of the investigation any particular way. All other "the family did it" cases have felt very different from the get go. Yes, that's what I'm getting at Mel. It seems it all checks out.

Agreed, it would definitely be much harder to take two children than one, and I have read in a lot of the reports that everyone familiar to WT was thoroughly investigated , this is why I didn't initially think it could have been a familiar abduction; it seems that they were playing chassey-s before she went off inside so the opportunity may have been there but it seems unlikely. Of course horrible to suggest that both were wanted in the first place, but it was just an alternate thought I had.
I wonder if CCTV etc has been checked to ensure that he wasn't taken through the town, under everyone's noses?
I do however live in a rural town myself, and I certainly wouldn't have noticed an unfamiliar car - but that may just be because I am accustomed to thinking that 'strange' things don't happen in small rural towns - maybe an out of place vehicle was not noticed, but only strange behavior (i.e. the man asking for directions etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95