Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the dynamics, police have said that they have thoroughly investigated the family.
William’s wider family has been thoroughly investigated and interviewed, too. Their alibis have been declared sound — they were hundreds of kilometres away when William disappeared. Very few people knew the family had left Sydney to visit the area.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

Exactly.

You have to put some jigsaw puzzle pieces together here. Think about how FACS works. Think about snippets released by the police.

After the information about the dogs not picking up a scent I've always said I think he was taken, but not by the family. I think the person is very likely to be known to the family though.

Exactly.

You have to put some jigsaw puzzle pieces together here. Think about how FACS works. Think about snippets released by the police.

After the information about the dogs not picking up a scent I've always said I think he was taken, but not by the family. I think the person is very likely to be known to the family though.

you raise a great point (MOO)

I wonder if CCTV etc has been checked to ensure that he wasn't taken through the town, under everyone's noses?

A Kendall local said that there is only one CCTV camera in the main street (on or next to the service station, IIRC?) and that that had been looked at.
There could be others though; hopefully if anyone else has them they've been referred to police. Thinking here of that private store owner whose CCTV is what helped ensure Jill Meagher's murderer was pretty swiftly found and brought to justice.

Agreed, it would definitely be much harder to take two children than one, and I have read in a lot of the reports that everyone familiar to WT was thoroughly investigated , this is why I didn't initially think it could have been a familiar abduction; it seems that they were playing chassey-s before she went off inside so the opportunity may have been there but it seems unlikely. Of course horrible to suggest that both were wanted in the first place, but it was just an alternate thought I had.
I wonder if CCTV etc has been checked to ensure that he wasn't taken through the town, under everyone's noses?
I do however live in a rural town myself, and I certainly wouldn't have noticed an unfamiliar car - but that may just be because I am accustomed to thinking that 'strange' things don't happen in small rural towns - maybe an out of place vehicle was not noticed, but only strange behavior (i.e. the man asking for directions etc).

Superintendent Fehon said Strike Force Rosann detectives were scouring through hundreds of pieces of information from the public, including possible sightings, CCTV footage and information about people who may have been in the area last Friday.

However, he said no credible leads had been identified.

"Someone must have known something," he said

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-st...up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html#ixzz3E6VhLCma

Police have scanned CCTV footage from local businesses

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3E6WtBJ8q

There has been zero mention whether there were residential security cams in that town.

Back to the mystery man asking for directions, assuming he hasn't come forward yet, how likely is it that he doesn't even know he is wanted.
Do people go hunting in the forest?
I'm always suspicious of when people don't come forward, but then I accept that some people aren't news junkies, or just simply don't want to get involved, but it must be very frustrating for police, I can't imagine not coming forward under the circumstances if I had nothing to hide.

The original wording when it was first reported was "complicated legal history", (by abc) not "complicated family history". The combination of a complicated legal history and the inability of media to identify a family is indeed indicative of FACS being involved in more than a proactive way.

Ive only seen the following in the original MSM : William has a complicated family history and, for legal *reasons, his family cannot be named.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3E5UYvVKF

Back to the mystery man asking for directions, assuming he hasn't come forward yet, how likely is it that he doesn't even know he is wanted.
I'm always suspicious of when people don't come forward, but then I accept that some people aren't news junkies, or just simply don't want to get involved, but it must be very frustrating for police, I can't imagine not coming forward under the circumstances if I had nothing to hide.

I think it's quite possible this didn't even happen.

Living in a small town I have seen many rumours spring up from thin air, and before you know it there are eyewitnesses who can confirm the original event even though it never happened to begin with. I've even started rumours about myself just for fun to see how twisted they get by the time they come back around. Sooo .. I think it's possible that someone in a store mentioned someone asking for directions, next thing you know that person was asking for directions to the very street William disappeared from, and then it was on the day of the event. A person may even come up with the whole box and dice simply to be 'helpful' and by that I mean to be 'important' .. someone may make some kind of exaggeration to one person too, and then in order not to lose face follow through with law enforcement when they come to clarify.

I could be wrong, but I get a 'suuuuure' vibe over this 'well dressed stranger asking for directions to the street William disappeared from on the very morning he disappeared' thing.

Superintendent Fehon said Strike Force Rosann detectives were scouring through hundreds of pieces of information from the public, including possible sightings, CCTV footage and information about people who may have been in the area last Friday.

However, he said no credible leads had been identified.

"Someone must have known something," he said

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-st...up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html#ixzz3E6VhLCma

Police have scanned CCTV footage from local businesses

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3E6WtBJ8q

Thank you Amee for all the updates :tyou: The DM have a great many pics, just shows the magnitude of the search and all the people involved doing their best. I hope there is a good outcome to this and William is returned safe and unharmed.

He's described as "well dressed", I have friends who go boar hunting (gross, don't condone it) and they definitely don't look "well dressed" in the photos I've seen ... or do you mean people generally? Maybe they do, but I don't think it's allowed in all state forests.

Maybe he has come forward and his alibi checked out and they just haven't updated the media on that? Or they confirmed his identity some other way. They might not still be looking for him. But yeah not everyone is glued to their TV or internet checking the news obsessively... tbh I'm jealous of them, they must get a lot done haha

Hi all,

One of the 46 lurkers finally posting.

I am a little bit confused, was KT the Mum at the scene or do we not know?

I think it's quite possible this didn't even happen.

Living in a small town I have seen many rumours spring up from thin air, and before you know it there are eyewitnesses who can confirm the original event even though it never happened to begin with. I've even started rumours about myself just for fun to see how twisted they get by the time they come back around. Sooo .. I think it's possible that someone in a store mentioned someone asking for directions, next thing you know that person was asking for directions to the very street William disappeared from, and then it was on the day of the event. A person may even come up with the whole box and dice simply to be 'helpful' and by that I mean to be 'important' .. someone may make some kind of exaggeration to one person too, and then in order not to lose face follow through with law enforcement when they come to clarify.

I could be wrong, but I get a 'suuuuure' vibe over this 'well dressed stranger asking for directions to the street William disappeared from on the very morning he disappeared' thing.

So true MrsG, what you describe reminds me of Chinese whispers, the end result is never how it started.

(Psst. I heard the rumour bout you too, that your avatar pic isn't really you.) :giggle:

<modsnip>

OK - am just throwing some ideas around.

Well dressed person asking directions - lets say, that DAD ran an errand at the shop, got a little bit lost trying to return to GMA's house, and quickly stopped and ran into a servo / milkbar / whatever to ask for directions..

He's described as "well dressed", I have friends who go boar hunting (gross, don't condone it) and they definitely don't look "well dressed" in the photos I've seen ... or do you mean people generally? Maybe they do, but I don't think it's allowed in all state forests.

Maybe he has come forward and his alibi checked out and they just haven't updated the media on that? Or they confirmed his identity some other way. They might not still be looking for him. But yeah not everyone is glued to their TV or internet checking the news obsessively... tbh I'm jealous of them, they must get a lot done haha

Right I had forgotten that he was "well dressed". someone mentioned earlier that it may not have happened, I can't remember if police mentioned it, I give it some credibility because it was mentioned early on so less likely for days to be confused. The police don't even appear to be having police conferences now, wish the media would ask if this is still a possible lead.

I hear you Eloise I'd achieve more if I wasn't a news junkie.i know people who don't watch news or read news stories online. Lol guess they are the " don't knows" when they asked to participate in polls.

If someone was planning to carry out an abduction, asking for directions in a place where there could have been CCTV would probably be the most dumb-*advertiser censored* thing to do. If he is the abductor (if there is one in this case), then it sounds like to me that he has not done this kinda thing before.

Could a social worker with some kind of sense of rescuing the boy from his complicated life have 'gone rogue' and taken him? Do these people not have to be told, in advance, of the movements of the family when child protection services are involved?

Jmo

There were reports someone had dropped into the local general store and asked for directions to Benaroon Drive. Fehon says they are glad to receive all information and have followed up all leads, but, tellingly, no alert has been *issued about that person or their vehicle. If there was solid evidence, they would want to get it out to the public.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

One driver who was pulled over at the police road block on Friday told officers about a black Camry that a truck driver had noticed in the area several times last Friday.

It is believed the information had already been canvassed by police and discounted.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-st...up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html#ixzz3E6jO82va

If someone (stranger or otherwise) took him to keep - what do they plan on doing with him?
Are they just going to appear in public with him one day? Keep him hidden forever and hope everyone forgets? The 'planning' of such a thing doesn't make much sense to me. It's the best case scenario for WT himself, but it doesn't say much about the mentality of whoever it was who did it, if that's what they've done.

Exactly.

Yep. Not family but someone close.

So true MrsG, what you describe reminds me of Chinese whispers, the end result is never how it started.

(Psst. I heard the rumour bout you too, that your avatar pic isn't really you.) :giggle:

Best rumour I ever heard about myself was 'she likes to play with the dark forces' .. I am not even quite sure what that means :laughing:

I have also repeatedly wondered about the reliability of sniffer dogs, but I also know little about them. I'm not sure what they would/not have picked up in the yard and contaminated areas closer to the house: William's scent PLUS that of heaps of others', or just a mix of everything all in one. Also wonder whether, as someone else pondered, whether a child emits less scent than an adult. Also wondered whether the scent may have been 'blocked' by something, like if William was wedged under a huge boulder or something...
I think back to the David Iredale search in the Blue Mtns in late 2006 - can't recall if they used dogs or not - but many people were searching but he was under some boulder and it later transpired that many people had walked past that place many times...
But, it's not like they did just one search in the bush for William. Not sure how many times they took the dogs in, but msm has reported that some places were searched up to ten times!
The police keep saying they reckon they would have found him, if he were in the bush. But they are also going to go back and do intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive... I wonder what that's all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog