Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so would this visit to grandmothers be a changeover visit, custodial parent giving children over to the non custodial parent for the school holidays? i wonder whose mother the grandmother is and why everyone meet up there?

I have also repeatedly wondered about the reliability of sniffer dogs, but I also know little about them. I'm not sure what they would/not have picked up in the yard and contaminated areas closer to the house: William's scent PLUS that of heaps of others', or just a mix of everything all in one. Also wonder whether, as someone else pondered, whether a child emits less scent than an adult. Also wondered whether the scent may have been 'blocked' by something, like if William was wedged under a huge boulder or something...
I think back to the David Iredale search in the Blue Mtns in late 2006 - can't recall if they used dogs or not - but many people were searching but he was under some boulder and it later transpired that many people had walked past that place many times...
But, it's not like they did just one search in the bush for William. Not sure how many times they took the dogs in, but msm has reported that some places were searched up to ten times!
The police keep saying they reckon they would have found him, if he were in the bush. But they are also going to go back and do intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive... I wonder what that's all about?

bbm:

guess on my part -- but don't bad guys always return to the scene at some point

Has there been news that William's mum has given birth since he went missing? If she has, what a terrible bittersweet (not even sure that's the right word) time for her and the rest of the family. I can't imagine her stress levels, and hope the new baby is ok.

There is a good reason that this family is not meant to be identified - we've been asked not to do this.

I have removed several posts sleuthing the family, talking about facebooks that cannot be linked at this time or speculating on foster/bio family connections.

None of this is allowed at this time. MSM has said that for legal reasons the family cannot be identified. We don't know what those reasons are but we are going to follow the lead of MSM and we are NOT going to identify the families here.

I know you guys are good sleuths and you probably already have 90% of that information, but you cannot post it or discuss here until the legal issues are resolved or we understand better why the family can't be identified.

Please keep the info to yourselves for now.

Thank you,

Salem

Bumpity bump

There is a good reason that this family is not meant to be identified - we've been asked not to do this.

Indeed, I've redacted my posts that didn't seem to want to be deleted when I tried, that have gone down that path. Probably a sign I need to get off the computer and go be productive.

William has a complicated family history and, for legal *reasons, his family cannot be named....

I have also repeatedly wondered about the reliability of sniffer dogs, but I also know little about them. I'm not sure what they would/not have picked up in the yard and contaminated areas closer to the house: William's scent PLUS that of heaps of others', or just a mix of everything all in one. Also wonder whether, as someone else pondered, whether a child emits less scent than an adult. Also wondered whether the scent may have been 'blocked' by something, like if William was wedged under a huge boulder or something...
I think back to the David Iredale search in the Blue Mtns in late 2006 - can't recall if they used dogs or not - but many people were searching but he was under some boulder and it later transpired that many people had walked past that place many times...
But, it's not like they did just one search in the bush for William. Not sure how many times they took the dogs in, but msm has reported that some places were searched up to ten times!
The police keep saying they reckon they would have found him, if he were in the bush. But they are also going to go back and do intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive... I wonder what that's all about?

I tend to have faith in sniffer dogs. However, in the Sierra Lamar case, there was a discrepancy. IIRC, in the start of the case, LE said they brought in the dogs, and they lost her scent at the end of the driveway. She was supposedly walking a few blocks to the school bus. She was about 15, so we all assumed she got in a car instead.

But months later, when they caught the monster, they found out that she had walked to the bus stop that morning. He kidnapped Sierra from there. So I wonder about those dogs and their training. Or maybe the press got it wrong?

I have a friend who works with the dogs and I asked her a few questions after Gary Tweddle went missing. She said that when they're good they're VERY good, and in some circumstances they are very accurate (eg customs - finding food, drugs, explosives). In the open air there are a lot more variables - people smell different, sometimes the thing they're given to sniff has other smells undetectable to humans (eg a shoe may have trodden in something weeks ago, or a shirt may have been worn while hugging multiple people). Of course they train the dogs to ignore these things as much as possible, but they are not 100% perfect. Then, on top of that, wind and rain can be a big factor. If it rains before or during it can have an impact, and different weather conditions can come into play.

it makes sense, I guess. Drugs always smell the same, so the customs dogs probably have more accurate hits. People smell different so there can be a higher fail rate.

Does anyone have the link handy where Nicole spoke?

I don't recall the discrepancy with the Sierra LaMar case, I think it is only speculation where he picked her up because of where he frequently travelled.

From my understanding of the dogs, there are two kinds. The ones that track via the air can only find you if you are within a certain vicinity but they don't need a starting point. So if he was lost in the bush they'd have a chance. The kind that track where you've been can do it over time but only if the trail hasn't been contaminated and his certainly was (and rightly so, his best chance was people looking for him immediately). The scent comes from skin particles. I'm wondering if a small child dressed in a coverall costume carried by a running adult would leave even less scent than dogs have to work with at the best of times.

It is frustrating not having more details but we really don't need more except to satisfy our own curiosity. Given the nature of this, WHEN William is found and goes back to his family, we will not know what happened either in all likelihood. I just hope it is soon.

Just can't think of a case where family identity suppressed ? Correct me if I'm wrong

I can't either. I hope it is simply because of fostering and not something more precarious for the family.

High profile parent? Politician? Police officer? Prison Officer? just to think of a few?

I think that the media might co-operate with gags in those regards but I can't imagine they'd mislead about the lack of details being due to legal requirements if they weren't.

I'm watching Nicole's interviews and everytime someone asks about "the parents" she answers "the family"

I'm watching Nicole's interviews and everytime someone asks about "the parents" she answers "the family"

I would guess that's because she can't mention names, and I guess it is on behalf of the family

I would guess that's because she can't mention names, and I guess it is on behalf of the family

She could say "the parents" or "his parents" ... I think she is being respectful of relationships. I truly hope he is home asap, and is being well cared for in the meantime, seeing her sadness and worry really brings it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95