Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point violette it would too easy to blame it on the parents

I read somewhere else that choppers and thermal cameras weren't used on the first day and night. Is that true?

I read somewhere else that choppers and thermal cameras weren't used on the first day and night. Is that true?

After a search I cant find anything credible about this, the only thing I've found so far is speculation on a facebook post "I have been told the polair helicopter that has been searching has thermal imaging technology,but sadly,has not found any trace of this dear little man."
https://www.facebook.com/9News/phot...22965.107637365950776/761604343887405/?type=1

I'll keep searching.

<modsnip>

Just about the different spellings of Beneroon/Benaroon Drive, I wonder if the man supposedly asking for directions was doing so because his GPS couldn't find Benaroon Drive (the way the real estates spell it, although the street sign itself spells it Beneroon http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...avourite-Spiderman-costume.html#ixzz3E7VkhVce). I don't have a GPS so don't know if it would've picked up the different spelling? Is the street sign wrong? <modsnip>

Hbayne, I pondered this here previously, considering possibilities why identities could be protected, such as: Witness protection programme, an ongoing legal case, criminal convictions that might sway public opinion/willingness to cooperate, jury service, involvement of a Safe House. I can now think of a few others way more disturbing than these, but I guess we're not allowed to speculate.

Jmo.

<modsnip>

Just about the different spellings of Beneroon/Benaroon Drive, I wonder if the man supposedly asking for directions was doing so because his GPS couldn't find Benaroon Drive (the way the real estates spell it, although the street sign itself spells it Beneroon http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...avourite-Spiderman-costume.html#ixzz3E7VkhVce). I don't have a GPS so don't know if it would've picked up the different spelling? Is the street sign wrong? <modsnip>
I've seen two street signs on the street itself, one reading BenAroon Drive and the other reading BenEroon Drive. Go figure.

After a search I cant find anything credible about this, the only thing I've found so far is speculation on a facebook post "I have been told the polair helicopter that has been searching has thermal imaging technology,but sadly,has not found any trace of this dear little man."
https://www.facebook.com/9News/phot...22965.107637365950776/761604343887405/?type=1

I'll keep searching.
Thanks. I've had a quick search also, but nothing yet. I was wondering what the reasons could be (if true).

Thank you.
The writer was adamant about PolAir not being up first day. So much misinformation out there re. this case.

Watched a very sad case today on the ci channel, an 11 yo boy in America vanished from thin air, 18 years later they solved the case- hope it doesn't comrade to this

Do you have any more info on this case please? My Google searches are throwing all sorts up. Thank you.

This is a female but I'm wondering if it might be the case. Jaycee was 11yrs old at the time she went missing and it was more than 18yrs before she was found.

Kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard

Websleuths forum for Jaycee....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?369-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard

I have this very uneasy feeling that this case will slam shut and we will hear ''the case is now closed - the family thanks you for your support''.....

I had that feeling today too. I think we will be told if he is found but that's it.

First of all, I don't think - after this much publicity and support and involvement from the community - that the case is just going to be closed with two words. I think that would be an insult to all those who have supported the search. It may not be an in depth run down of details, but at the very least I expect the public will be advised if and when William is found, whether he is alive or deceased, and under what circumstances he was found.

Having said that, though, I think this is going to be a protracted investigation. I can't conceive of how police can go from effectively no clue one day to having it solved the next. We don't know how valuable any of the information they have been provided is, but reportedly there are hundreds of pieces of information and, one by one, each piece needs to be examined. I don't think police are even at the stage of a lead yet.

Even with the Rozelle blast, and after relatively strong indicators of what might have occurred, it has taken police a week or two to actually arrest someone.

I had that feeling today too. I think we will be told if he is found but that's it.

That's good enough for me. I'd just like to hear the words "William has been found safe. Thanks to the public for their assistance". Just the standard words ... :please:

CCTV CAMERAS?
I somehow don't think Kendall is a high security conscious area, do you?
Even the post office is in an old weatherboard house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 32
I actually think that the 'legal' reasons for family anonymity are hampering the investigation. If the family were made more public maybe witnesses would come forward with info. Nobody is above suspicion here. Those reasons better be some darn good ones. I'd hate to think that some chance to find a small boy could be missed just because some law protects someone in that family. Jmo.

Best rumour I ever heard about myself was 'she likes to play with the dark forces' .. I am not even quite sure what that means :laughing:

Mrs G don't you know that if you own a black cat it means your a witch :p

Living in a small town I have seen many rumours spring up from thin air, and before you know it there are eyewitnesses who can confirm the original event even though it never happened to begin with. I've even started rumours about myself just for fun to see how twisted they get by the time they come back around.

Ha, I did exactly this same thing, just for amusement... (I'm not a misanthropist, rly. mostly.) - gossip in small towns really does grow many legs, and very quickly is taken for 'fact'. Though the best rumours were ones I did not make up myself, but came from rare sightings of me by locals after I left home.

- Aus (the scientologist witch with two husbands, writing from prison in between johns).

That's good enough for me. I'd just like to hear the words "William has been found safe. Thanks to the public for their assistance". Just the standard words ... :please:

Ditto, SA.

I actually *hope* some dynamic in the family is at the root of this. There's a much better chance of him being alive and unharmed.. pretty much all other alternative scenarios bode not well for this little boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member