Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they do good work :) I just mean sometimes they simply drop the ball which is terribly sad

So right catswhiskers as a child of docs I can tell you that was often the case in our situation .

Yes, I wish Family Services were allowed to do drop in visits. When you read Chloe Valentine's case, the mother had friends come over and help her clean up her disgusting premises, and clean her filth-caked poor small daughter, prior to Family Services visits. Disguising the truth so that she could continue to collect her family benefits and continue her meth-based life, and continue her utter neglect and abuse of poor little Chloe ... who was nothing but her meal ticket imo.

I agree, maybe just a quick call and then turn up. There have been too many disturbing instances of checks not being thoroughly done. I think there needs to be more money given to this department to employ more case work officers. Also, ensure they have good training. I wish they could work closer with the police too, I know of reports not being followed up just because no one came to the door.

I'm not sure of the case in other states but in NSW FaCS would DEFINITELY be called in as the first point of contact to arrange support services for a family in a situation like this. They do this for ANY family in crisis, not just those who have a history with their dept.

It would be more surprising if they weren't there early on - Grandma's devastated & had to leave her home to stay with friends. Dad was distraught & actively involved in the searches. Mum was reportedly heavily sedated - this was during the first day or so when there was still hope he'd be found in the scrub. I can't imagine how much worse it is now.

Meanwhile there are sibling/s requiring support for their own confusion & grief, not to mention meals, housework, clean clothes & childcare. THIS is one of the less recognised services provided by FaCS.

A police family liaison officer would've contacted them for support services very early on because there are other young child/ren involved (it might've changed but when I last worked in a related area, if the kids are under a particular age the reporting is mandatory). By going through FaCS they can quickly get cleaners/childcare etc in place & *ensure that the workers have had the required police checks clearing them for work with children*. It's obvious the family would need support & there's no way police would risk sending in a volunteer who hadn't been cleared - FaCS is the fastest way to do this without taking local police away from searches to run background checks on potential helpers.

<modsnip>

If you find yourself involved in a high profile case, you're going to get your face & any nasty secrets splashed across the papers, tv & internet whether you like it or not -most recently, look at baby Gammy's parents. If there's a no-publish order that media feel is unwarranted Aus media have & will pursue a case through the courts to have it lifted. That even our tabloid journo's are completely accepting of the police requests not to publish photos or names, & at the same time are treating the family with sensitivity, it seems that IF the complicated legal history relates to criminal behaviour, a family member was possibly a victim of it, not a perpetrator.

& someone else mentioned it pages & pages back but I'm leaning toward something to do with the letterbox. The senior officer pointed out the steep slope leading up to the road & the unlikelihood a little guy would choose to run that way for fun. Little kids love being the first to get the mail & present it to an adult. Someone delivering something to your house is not a stranger in a child's eyes.

I'm also in a little NSW bush coastal town (south of Sydney in my case) & while I have no clue what mail deliveries are like in Kendall, down here we have 2 types (of official mail). We have have the posties on little motorbikes like someone else mentioned, but those guys can't do parcel post. Parcel post was once done by official Aus Post owned vans - bright red, logos, highly visible. These days it's contracted out. Our parcel post comes in a battered white transit van with sliding doors & no side windows in the back. Sometimes they tape a sign on the small darkened back window saying "Aus Post Mail Contractor", but because it's also their own personal use vehicle, sometimes they forget. Sometimes (rarely) someone else fills in for them

We also get free local newspaper deliveries, bulk junk mail deliveries & people trying to boost their low income delivering (& then collecting) mail order style catalogues. We're a relatively small place (but not as small as Kendall), I've been here over a decade & with the exception of our parcel postie I've never recognised any of these people. A lot of them pick up their deliveries in the closest regional centre & drive out to towns like ours - but again, it's all supposition that any of this is relevant

<modsnip> because the "no *unknown* vehicles" worries me. When you don't know you need to be paying attention & you've lived somewhere long enough to get used to the local rhythms of daily life, it's easy to assume you're just seeing a vehicle/delivery/person that you normally expect to see

(sorry this is so long, this case is getting to me like no other ever has, I can't even explain why)

Oh, & the reason they searched for 9 days might be this - even though he was younger & alone, people hoped for a miracle & so far 9 days is the record for a kid in the Australian bush

(awful that they've only just held the 150th anniversay just weeks ago)

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/story-of-young-childrens-survival-in-wimmera-bush-for-nine-days-endures-150-years-on-20140810-101l2y.html

Just another thought, probably has been brought up, but about an abduction in a quiet street in a country town. William and his family had just arrived, so neighbours wouldn't be used to looking out for kiddies at that address. :thinking:

When I used to live in the inner suburbs of Brisbane, my neighbour, an older lady with grown kids, always looked out for my kids while they were playing in the back yard. She would call me over to report if she noticed one of them misbehaving, lol. I didn't have a street at the back though and houses fairly close together. I suppose this is where a nosy neighbour is an asset. jmo

Did anyone notice that pics shown of house showed it to be on a corner block ? How could their be a view down the street from the kitchen . Could the media be incorrect about this ?

"William's grandma lives in a big house near the top of the street, up a steep little hill, with a clear view down Benaroon Drive."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227064608526&memtype=anonymous
(Subscriber only link: need to google phrase to see it.)

This is incorrect (below) ... front of house clearly does not look down Benaroon Drive, the front looks across the street to the forest. The side windows look down Benaroon Drive.

"William's grandmother was sitting out back and saw nothing. His mother had ducked inside to make a cup of tea at the front of the house, with windows that look down Benaroon Drive, and saw nothing."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3ED5zcc64

Google Map: street view
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-31...!1e1!3m2!1sJsgveMOufqmw536u5fHPyg!2e0!6m1!1e1

Hi everyone,

We get to see the horror stories when it comes to DoCs, FaCs, etc. There are, without doubt, too many horror stories. I cant go into any details, except to say in my many years teaching, I have been fortunate enough to see DoCs/FaCs get it right, on many occasions. I know that means little to Chloe, but there have been other Chloe's out there who were saved.

ETA: Not trying to downplay Chloe's horrible story, just trying to remind myself that there is some brightness in the world. Time for me to go for a walk, I think.

I still remember the SAAS call over the GRN - She was the third in two weeks harmed by parents where it was an obvious time bomb.

"William's grandma lives in a big house near the top of the street, up a steep little hill, with a clear view down Benaroon Drive."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227064608526&memtype=anonymous
(Subscriber only link: need to google phrase to see it.)

This is incorrect (below) ... front of house clearly does not look down Benaroon Drive, the front looks across the street to the forest. The side windows look down Benaroon Drive.

"William's grandmother was sitting out back and saw nothing. His mother had ducked inside to make a cup of tea at the front of the house, with windows that look down Benaroon Drive, and saw nothing."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3ED5zcc64

Google Map: street view
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-31...!1e1!3m2!1sJsgveMOufqmw536u5fHPyg!2e0!6m1!1e1

Oh dear, just looking at the google map of street SA, just at the corner, I did a 360 degree spin, there is no way anyone could have seen an abduction from there. :(

Hi all, this is my first time posting, but I have been reading through these posts for about a week now...

Something that I keep thinking about (and I know it's come up in previous posts) is the surprise nature of the visit to GMas house. I'm wondering if there was a reason that WT and family wanted to get away from their home for a few days with very little notice. I'm not sure how many hours the drive from Sydney to Kendall is, but I would imagine if you're travelling 3+ hours to go somewhere that you'd call ahead to let them know you're coming. It's a long way to drive if you then have to turn around again.

Hi all, this is my first time posting, but I have been reading through these posts for about a week now...

Something that I keep thinking about (and I know it's come up in previous posts) is the surprise nature of the visit to GMas house. I'm wondering if there was a reason that WT and family wanted to get away from their home for a few days with very little notice. I'm not sure how many hours the drive from Sydney to Kendall is, but I would imagine if you're travelling 3+ hours to go somewhere that you'd call ahead to let them know you're coming. It's a long way to drive if you then have to turn around again.

:greetings:

:welcome: BGirl88

Neighbours say William, his sister and mother had only arrived in town the day before.

William's grandmother is an active and well-liked member of the tight-knit Kendall community and had recently been in hospital.

His grandfather died earlier this year and his grandmother needed someone to care for her in the house, so William's family had travelled from their home in Sydney to stay with her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3EDHs20gi

I wonder if we lowly peasants would ever know IF William was returned.
I beginning to think not.

I wonder if we lowly peasants would ever know IF William was returned.
I beginning to think not.

I wonder too.......the silence of the media is driving me nuts. I just hope there is a lot of action behind the scenes . With regard to the post delivery mentioned above...we have the same set up here ( outer Melb suburbs)....the white vans are unmarked .....we also have a neighbour that gets things couriered from a hospital a lot ( she has C F ) that is always delivered in a plain white van too. Always a different driver.

If William were to have been returned between now and last weekend, I would be shocked! As nice a thought and wish that it is that he be returned, I don't see it happening all that quickly.

I wholly agree with PrimeSuspect and also noticed this on Google Earth: I think the high visibility from Grandma's house has been overstated. As the house is on an angle, there can be conflicted views of which aspect is front and back and I am not clear where the kitchen is where the cup of tea was being made. But my understanding from all that has gone before is, that the 'back of the house' where Grandma was, is the porch area that faces the dark brown brick house up the hill towards the bush. That house is number 52.
If William was taken from the house, then my bet is that it happened where Benaroon Drive goes around the bend. The exact opposite side to the one at which grandma was at and it doesn't look like any kind of kitchen window overlooks that area.
It could even be that an abductor knew the layout of the house and felt relatively safe doing it from there.

I would agree Edie . Someone would have to know the property lay out and possibly know the family . It's not as simple as bang he is gone . Even in the Daniel m case things were seen , noticed ECT .

Also my guess would be he knew them . As it's much easier if he does isn't it . For it to be done quietly . The whole case has a level of quiet about it . Nothing can be told until it can be proven . But I have very strong feelings about this one . It remains to be seen if i am correct

If William were to have been returned between now and last weekend, I would be shocked! As nice a thought and wish that it is that he be returned, I don't see it happening all that quickly.

I wholly agree with PrimeSuspect and also noticed this on Google Earth: I think the high visibility from Grandma's house has been overstated. As the house is on an angle, there can be conflicted views of which aspect is front and back and I am not clear where the kitchen is where the cup of tea was being made. But my understanding from all that has gone before is, that the 'back of the house' where Grandma was, is the porch area that faces the dark brown brick house up the hill towards the bush. That house is number 52.
If William was taken from the house, then my bet is that it happened where Benaroon Drive goes around the bend. The exact opposite side to the one at which grandma was at and it doesn't look like any kind of kitchen window overlooks that area.
It could even be that an abductor knew the layout of the house and felt relatively safe doing it from there.

Yes!! Xantara , I think so too! I have just looked around again trying to be objective, and really.......visibility is not high at all. It is an open area, but the views from windows are not nearly as 360 degree as reported.

The media states grandma was sitting watching the children play but it also states she is unwell . The area is very big and my guess would be you can't see the children at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo